TVTLQ - Chapter 29

TVTLQ - Chapter 29

The Perk Of Being a Villainess



I pretended not to understand and explained the purpose of my visit.

I'm sorry, but I'm busy too.

I want to give Dominic a new pair of gloves as soon as possible. Since I made many mistakes and resolved some disturbing misunderstood standings, I was thinking of giving him a proper gift.

Of course, Blanc will be paid generously for the items as an expression of apology for the sudden intrusion.

To put it simply, they are trying to solve the problem with money. 

"I would like you to make something exactly like these gloves."

I handed him the gloves I had brought separately.

It was the glove I got from Sir Dominic.

Blanc rolled his eyes. He looked like he had met the truth. However, not long after he reluctantly took the gloves I offered him and checked them, he became excited and raised his voice.

"Isn't this dragon skin?"

"Uh?"

"The meticulous stitching on such thick leather. It looks like it was made by someone with considerable skill. I haven't tried dragon skin yet."

He looked at the gloves here and there with eyes full of interest. Then he asked me as if to confirm.

"Can we just make them the same size?"

"What does it mean? Is there something else special?"

"The gloves you gave me have a special finish. Aside from the fact that it uses precious dragon skin, it has been treated to control magical power. It also has a shape transformation function."

Blanc said, 

"Excuse me for a moment," 

and put on the gloves I gave him.

The gloves, which were quite large, were slightly reduced to fit the size of his hands. Surprised, I blinked.

"Do you see this stitch here?"

Blanc took off his gloves again and opened the neck of the gloves to show me the inside.

Just as he said, something was sewn inside with silver thread.

"It is legislated that wizards must leave these marks on products that have been post-processed. This is to prevent magic items from being released into the market indiscriminately and making tracking difficult."

"I didn't know there was such a thing."

"Not knowing is common. Because it's not common. Additionally, if you want to receive post-processing from a wizard, you must report it in advance and obtain permission. A pledge is provided to both the creator, the caster, and the actual wearer."

Blanc snorted excitedly. 

"It's so complicated and inconvenient in many ways that we generally don't even try it. Unless there are really special circumstances." 

"Special circumstances..."

"I've been running my own store for 10 years, but this is the first time I've seen something like this. I wish I could take a look at it." 

I ignored Blanc's last words and thought carefully about what special circumstances Dominic might have. What is that situation?

Could it be that he is a wizard hiding his identity and not registered in the Magic Tower? However, the persecution of magicians happened during the previous Emperor's reign.

There was no need for wizards of today to hide their identities as they were being treated more preciously as the demand for magic items increased.

'Furthermore, according to Annie's investigation, Mr. Dominic had no particularly suspicious past.'

Before I decided to join hands with Mr. Dominic, I did some research on him.

My intuition is telling me that I need to get him, but a formal contract cannot be made based on intuition alone.

Dominic Willock. Born as the second son of Baron Willock, it is confirmed that he became independent from his family at an early age.

And Mr. Dominic's investigation results were clean.

Because he was the second son, he could not inherit the family property and title, so he became independent from home at an early age.

In such cases, it usually becomes an article, but Mr. Dominic decided to take the path of an investor in a slightly special way.

It was a good choice because it was a perfect fit for my aptitude and talent.

'Anyway, the point is that there was nothing particularly strange about Mr. Dominic's life.'

In fact, it was confirmed that there was a Willock family in the list of nobles and that there was a second son named Dominic Willock in that family.

That's why I was so surprised when I saw Dominic wearing a blue ring.

He is clearly a person who has nothing to do with the male lead, but that is because the ring is the same blue color as Calix's ring, which was depicted several times in the original work.

'Why did Dominic use gloves that are difficult to find and difficult to make?'

Unless you have to hide the existence of a suspicious ring.

"... I understand"

At the thought of being back at square one again, I let out a sigh that was like a lament.

Doubts that I thought had been completely resolved were rearing my head again. Am I doing something completely wrong?

Let's set aside all the conclusions we have made so far and think again about just the facts. 

Calix Altemir is a cold-blooded man who does not give an inch when it comes to business.

Arrogant and self-absorbed is my personal impression as a reader of the original work.

However, it was the truth from the original work that he ran the business in a very cold-hearted manner.

First of all, the male lead took down Pierre from the top!

This is Calix, who never showed warmth even when the other person begged for help.

A 'Calix Altemir' like that would never do anything that would cause harm to himself.

In that situation, the contract clause I presented to Dominic was one that even the male lead could not manipulate.

"There was no problem with the contract.'

It was a clause in which Alter Company would inevitably suffer a loss if Mr. Dominic was hit by Calix.

That's why, even though I found an odd blue ring, I didn't have any further doubts and just passed on.

Of course, that happens sometimes.

This is a case where the male protagonist, who falls in love with the female protagonist, makes a choice that runs counter to his reason.

But that's because she's a 'female protagonist'!

It seemed unlikely that I would have taken on the role of the female protagonist, causing a situation that was so horrifying just thinking about it.

I was more sincere than anyone else in avoiding the main characters of this novel, and in reality, I had nothing to do with them.

I also politely declined the collaboration offer from Calix.

With the flawless reason that I couldn't do it because of my father's sick care.

Is there anything you can be moved by there?

What are you impressed by?

Did you find out that Rosenia Pierre is a dutiful daughter? The dutiful daughter is freezing to death.

Blanc said after seeing my expression become extremely complicated.

"If you're worried about whether it's illegal, you don't have to worry because it's definitely not."

"It's not like that."

I just started to have doubts again and had the same worries again.

Oh, my head hurts.

I said, pressing my fingers to my temples.

"First, make an identical one out of the same fabric. Did you say dragon skin? It's a problem if it takes a long time to get it."

"It is not easy to obtain, but it does not mean that there is no way to obtain it. One downside is that it can be quite expensive..."

"Don't worry about the cost. I will be responsible for all necessary expenses."

Blanc's eyes twinkled as if he had been waiting for those words.

"I want you to make it as quickly as possible. How long do you think it will take?"

"I will try to finish it within this week."

When it comes to men's clothing, he's the. best.

I was satisfied with the smooth work done. Apart from that, there is still something I need to check.

"Whoa."

First of all...Let's put this aside for a moment.

After saying that I would cover all production costs, Blanc's attitude changed very favorably. He had said several times that dragon skin was very rare and expensive, and he seemed excited to take on such work. 

After ordering gloves as planned and filling out the order form, I looked around the inside of the store. The overall design was mainly sophisticated and clean. Yet, even the smallest details exude a lot of luxury.

As was my first impression, it is a place I really like. If I didn't suddenly become suspicious of Dominic again, I would want to buy an armful of clothes to give to him as a gift. 

"Is there even a catalog? 'd like to see the designs of other clothes, too."

"Of course there is."

Blanc brought me a catalog book. I sat down on a chair and flipped through the pages one by one. And when I read all the way to the last page, I made up my mind. 

Here, I have to have it.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments

Post a Comment