TVTLQ - Chapter 26

TVTLQ - Chapter 26

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



As the situation became inevitable, I eventually gave up and waited for her to quickly pour herself some wine and return.

"I'll pour you half oxygen and half wine!"

Please don't do that and go quickly!

The corners of my mouth trembled as I forced myself to swallow what I wanted to say.

And I, who seemed anxious from the beginning, ended up doing it.

"Oh!" 

Mr. Dominic had spilled a little wine on the gloves he had been wearing all along.

Ah...

Now I won't be able to come here again.

Today is becoming my second unlucky day. I almost felt like crying, but I held it back and asked Dominic.

"What should I do? Are you okay?"

"Yes. It's no big deal."

He smiled and shook his hands. Fortunately, the wine didn't splash onto his clothes, but his gloves got completely wet.

"I think it would be better to take it off."

Mr. Dominic took off the thin black gloves he had been wearing all along.

And when I saw his bare hands, I froze in shock. On his thumb was a ring with a blindingly blue egg.

Like the special ring that Calix had in the original.

All I knew about the Ring of Calix was its function and the simple appearance described in the original work.

A ring with a simple design with a blue egg so bright that it blinds the viewer. Although it looks ordinary on the outside, it is actually a magic item with an illusion magic that changes the wearer's appearance. Calix used the ring to change his appearance and rescue Estelle, who was imprisoned by Rexed.

It was an important event in the original work.

I stared at the ring on Dominic's thumb.

The bright blue ring caught the light and sparkled dazzlingly. Why didn't I know you were wearing a ring inside your gloves until now?

If you wear gloves while wearing a ring, that part is bound to bulge. But I never felt anything strange while I was with Dominic.

Although I thought it was a bit unusual to keep wearing gloves...

Is it because I was staring too closely?

Dominic smiled and subtly pulled his hand back. 

"Is there wine on my sleeve?" 

"No, um..."

Embarrassed, I looked away. My behavior just now was not polite. However, my mind was still spinning tightly due to a sudden suspicion.

This seems like a really crazy idea. Surely Mr. Dominic is Calix Altemir

In the original work, Calix took on the form of a woman when rescuing Estelle. Only the gender seems to have changed, with the appearance of a fascinating woman whose hair and eye colors remain the same.

But the person sitting in front of me right now is clearly a man. It was difficult to find Calix's original appearance in his light brown hair and gray eyes with a mysterious glow.

Besides, in fact, a ring with a blue egg is something that anyone can have.

The ring is not exclusive to the male lead.

Among the jewels I owned that I sold to prepare a gift for Princess Penelope, there was definitely a blue egg. But the blue ring that suddenly popped out.

Isn't it too suspicious to just pass it off as a coincidence?

'It was definitely a ring so blue it was blinding in the original.'

I don't know how much blindness you mean. Unfortunately, that was the end of the original description of the ring.

There were no detailed descriptions of what shape the gems were made into.

I glanced at him.

When our eyes met, Mr. Dominic gently rolled his eyes and smiled.

... Am I overreacting to this?

My perfect investor, who I communicated well with and thought the same way, is actually the Male Lead?

Although I thought it couldn't happen, I couldn't just ignore it. It reminded me of the recent letters from Calix, who had repeatedly asked me to meet him.

The letters kept coming back even when I sent them a rejection reply.

Gulp.

I swallowed my saliva out of nervousness.

I wanted to see the ring Dominicwore again. However, the opponent had already taken out new gloves and put them on.

If you look at it like this, it's obvious that you're wearing a ring. 

Everything was strange.

In a situation where I had doubts but wasn't sure, I decided to sneakily ask.

First of all, an apple.

"Sorry. I guided you here for no reason."

"It's no big deal. Never mind.

Dominic smiled kindly. When he motioned to the employee to go and do some work, the employee, who was crying, bowed repeatedly and left.

"Anyone can make mistakes."

"Still, I'm sorry. I came here to serve a meal and this kind of accident happened. I will give you better wet gloves as a gift."

 "It's okay if you don't."

"No. I can't do it because I feel uncomfortable. So, could you please take off your gloves for a moment? I want to check how to prepare the size."

I told him, hiding my pounding heart. When he took off his gloves, I planned to check the ring again. But...

"I'm really fine. But it wouldn't be polite to keep refusing. I can't give you the wet one, so I'll give you this. Both hands are the same size." 

Instead of taking off the gloves he was currently wearing, Dominic handed me the one glove he had taken off earlier that was not wet with wine.

Oh, this isn't it.

I couldn't cry or laugh and took the gloves he gave me.

Mr. Dominic, sitting with perfect posture and wearing clean new gloves, looked as calm as usual. It seems as if all the fuss is already over.

Sigh.

 Who doesn't spill the wine one more time?

I waited anxiously for the employee who had been acting rude the whole time to make one more mistake.

"The food has arrived. And this is a service. I'm so sorry again, Sir. Have a great time."

After making one mistake, he woke up and provided perfect service. Damn it! 

"The food is delicious. I'm sure the Lady will enjoy it."

"Yes."

I cut the steak in an ambiguous mood. As he said, the food was especially delicious today, but my mind was too complicated to savor the taste. In fact, this was a problem that could be easily solved by asking the other person to take off the ring just once.

If it were magic, his appearance would change the moment he took it off. But since Dominic and I had barely met each other for the first time, I couldn't make such a request.

"Miss, Vice President?"

"Yes?!"

I was so lost in my thoughts that I ended up not hearing Dominic's call. I was startled and raised my head to see Mr. Dominic looking at me with concern.

I said with a sheepish smile.

"Sorry. What did you say?"

"I was talking about the contract delivery date."

"Ah, contract..."

Contract. I have to do it. I have to do it.

Once I thought that my perfect investor, Dominic, might actually be Calix, it became difficult to make any decisions!

I pursed my lips, meaningless as I confidently shouted that people should trust me and invest.

Come to your senses, Rosenia.

You know this kind of attitude is not good when it comes to contracts.

Moreover, if Dominic had nothing to do with Calix, I would have lost a great investor by worrying for nothing.

That will never happen. I clenched my fists. Now was the moment to make a decision.

Okay. If you're going to keep worrying like this, let's ask honestly.

"Before that, there is something I would like to ask Mr. Dominic personally."

Not all, but only half to be honest.

"Mr. Dominic, what is your relationship with Duke Calix Altemir?"


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments