TVTLQ- Chapter 25

TVTLQ- Chapter 25

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"It's not a serious wound. The doctor treated me a bit excessively, but it's not a big deal. Rather, would you like to go inside first?"

At first glance, his expression seemed to be getting darker, so I hurriedly took him into my office.

"Please sit down and wait a moment."

After offering him a seat, I approached the desk to take out the contract I had prepared in advance.

However, instead of sitting on the chair, Dominic slowly walked around the room and looked inside.

As he was looking at the books on the bookshelf, he found a basket on the bottom shelf and froze in place like a stone.

"Mr. Dominic... ...?" 

What do you think is over there?

“Ah.”

I quickly went to him to find the contract and realized that he was looking at my clothes in the basket.

So, the clothes I wore on that unfortunate day when the accident occurred.

I spilled tomato sauce and got covered in broken crystal dust, so I changed my clothes right after Dominic left, but I was so busy that I forgot to clean it up.

It looks like the staff who cleans it every day put it away here. The center of the white shirt was stained dark red. It's really ugly.

Ugh, why do I keep showing Dominic this shortcoming? 

"Dominic, shall we begin our story now?"

So stop looking. I'm embarrassed. I deliberately raised my voice cheerfully and broke his attention from my dress.

Mr. Dominic slowly turned his head.

"Mr. Dominic...?"

I was a little surprised to see him. This is because Mr. Dominic looked somewhat moved.

... What? Why?

"Sir."

"Yes, please tell me." 

His expression was so serious that I straightened my posture without even realizing it.

Mr. Dominic looked at my hand for a moment and then spoke in a soft voice.

"If it's okay with you, would you like to have dinner with me?"

A proposal to have dinner together.

***

Accompanied by Dominic, I went to a restaurant I often visit for lunch.

'I wanted to have them stamp it as soon as he arrived...'

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't sign a contract right away, but what can I do?

It looks like the investor is very hungry. Let's eat dinner together first. 

"Are you sure you don't mind eating here?"

"Yes, it's okay."

I wanted to make sure to capture his heart by going to a better restaurant and serving him a multi-course meal on the evening I was going to eat anyway. Since the other person insisted that he wanted to go to a place I usually visit, I had no choice but to come here. Still, the food here is good. It would be good with wine.

"Please prepare these three dishes and this bottle of wine."

"All right!"

"... And can you pay a little more attention to the plating today? The person in front of me is an important person."

"Yes! Just leave it to me!"

The employee who served me today was the same employee who spilled tomato sauce on me last time. He left with his will strengthened by the additional demands I whispered to him.

This is how he repaid me.

After finishing my order, I smiled and said to Mr. Dominic.

"This restaurant is a little small, but the food is good. This is the place I visit most often."

"I'm looking forward to hearing more from you."

"Haha, as much as you would expect..."

I feel burdened for no reason. What if he is disappointed? I appropriately changed the subject.

"But Dominic said it the other day. You have invested a lot so far."

"Yes, that's right."

"If you don't mind, may I ask which investment you were most satisfied with?"

Mr. Dominic looked interested in my question. He placed his gloved hands on the table and opened his mouth.

We're about to eat, so why don't we take off our gloves?

It's unique.

"I invested in rare minerals five years ago."

"Rare mineral?"

"Yes. Everyone said it was just a useless stone, but it turned out to be the best one for carving a magic circle. That's what I remember most."

"Have you invested in Alter Trading Company?"

"You're right. I see you know."

I know. How much money did Alter Company make through that?

I remembered it because it was mentioned several times in the original work. By the way, Dominic, I thought you would be a person who is not tied down to one place but moves around and makes short-term investments. Alter also made an investment once.

"What does Pierre's second-in-command think about the Alter Company?"

While I was lost in thought for a moment, Dominic asked me about the male Lead's company.

It was a bit of a sudden question, but I wasn't taken aback. It occurred to me that perhaps this question might be a test. A test to check whether I am a suitable partner by asking my thoughts about surpassing the competition.

I said with a smile on my face. 

"It's a company with a lot to learn."

"Hoo. May I ask in what way you felt that way?"

"First of all, Alter Corporation has a very tight distribution network nationwide. That leads to cost savings, so I can say that they have a cost advantage over other top companies."

This is something Pierre must learn. Pierre, a latecomer, was less organized than Alter.

"And above all, I think the leader, Duke Altemir, has great insight."

"... Is that so?"

"Yes. There are many businesses that Duke Altemir has succeeded in so far, including the minerals that Dominic invested in. That's great. I respect him because he is someone I can learn a lot from."

Of course, I don't respect every aspect of him. Instead of revealing all my thoughts about Alter Trading Company, I only mentioned its positive points.

An attitude of acknowledging and learning from others can be seen as a passionate attitude.

Dominic smiled happily as if he was satisfied with my answer. He nodded and said.

"Yes. He is someone I can learn a lot from."

"I think that makes it more fun."

"Yes?"

"Wouldn't it be even more enjoyable to win if your opponent is great?"

I said with a grin to Dominic, who had a blank face.

"I don't think Alter Company will always take first place. Of course, I recognize Duke Altemir's insight and ability, but I am also stubborn."

If my opponent is superior, I will learn from it, absorb it as my own, and then completely surpass it. Would I just be satisfied with Pierre?

"Until now, Alter Company has grown by preying on many merchants. So shouldn't Alter be eaten by someone else at least once?"

"Right."

Dominic let out a small laugh. Does he also think my goal is meaningless? 

"Mr. Dominic."

But I don't think so. 

I straightened my back and looked at him.

"We need Mr. Dominic Willock at the top of Pierre. Please trust me and invest in your future."

I raised the corners of my mouth, smiled confidently, and held out my hand to him. So that I can look more confident and cool than anyone else. Actually, my heart is beating like crazy.

Mr. Dominic looked at my outstretched hand without answering. I swallowed nervously. I wasn't this nervous even when I was alone with the Princess. 

"I am..."

And the moment Dominic opened his mouth, someone suddenly intervened.

"The wine came out first!" 

The staff member brought a bottle of wine and two glasses that I ordered.

Why at such an important moment!

I waved my hand at him to tell him to come back later, but the other person must have misunderstood it and shouted loudly. 

"Ah yes! I'll pour you some wine now!"

No, that's not it! He put the glass down on the table and started pouring wine into the empty glass.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments