TVTLQ - Chapter 27

TVTLQ - Chapter 27

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Yes?"

Mr. Dominic seemed embarrassed by my question and scratched his plate with his fork.

Ugh, I was confused. I was embarrassed. This is suspicious.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. Dominic put down his fork, wiped his mouth with a napkin, and smiled softly.

"What do you mean?"

"In fact, in addition to Mr. Dominic, there was also Duke Artemir who showed interest in the marketability of the item delivered as a gift for Her Highness the Princess."

I deliberately paused in speaking. This is because I wanted to see how the other person reacted. And now Mr. Dominic's reaction...

"Hmm."

He had a smile on his face, but his shoulders were oddly stiff as if he was waiting for my next words. I continued speaking first.

"The Duke proposed a joint investment with me. It was a very attractive offer that was hard to refuse."

"You said so. So, will Duke Altemir also participate in this project?"

"No."

I shook my head slowly. 

"I declined the Duke's offer."

"Why? I think it must have been a really good offer. If the Lady of the Second Division said it was attractive... Was there anything that bothered you?" 

Dominic asked as if he were really curious.

I was a little confused. This is because the question just asked was something Dominic would be curious about, regardless of whether he was Calix or not. Therefore, I came up with an answer that would seem appropriate in any situation.

"Because Dominic was the first to recognize me."

For a moment, the other person's eyes blinked slowly.

"So, I thought that even if I signed a contract, It should be with Mr. Dominic."

Neither my father nor Princess Penelope praised my abilities. Dominic came to visit me one day and discovered my abilities and recognized them. And that was a moment that was quite meaningful to me.

The more money you have, the better. 

"Receiving investment from multiple investment sources is one way to grow your upper income."

 "I know. But I wanted to sign a contract for the first time with someone who I felt the same way about. With someone who can think the same way as me and see the same future."

So, I even wish that the ring was just my overreaction. I would like to start off with peace of mind by confirming that Mr. Dominic has nothing to do with Callix. 

"I declined the Duke's offer, but he was clearly interested in this business. So, if collaboration is not possible, you can jump into the market by producing similar products yourself."

"..."

"That's why I asked Mr. Dominic about his relationship with the Dukr. You said you invested in Alter Trading Company before and were satisfied, right? Maybe that opportunity will come again this time. But this time, please collaborate only with me and Pierre."

I took out a document from my pocket. It was a contract created at the Magic Tower, prepared just in case.

A contract with a magic spell that repays you if you break the terms written in the contract.

Mr. Dominic's eyebrows rose slightly. He seemed to recognize what I had brought up.

"Can I read it?"

"Sure."

With my permission. Mr. Dominic took the contract and began to read what was written on the paper. What is written in the contract is simple.

I would like to hire the other person as an investment advisor for Pierre Merchant for one year.

In return, I offer the other party a profit that is much higher than the typical rate in the industry. And the other party is obliged to maintain strict confidentiality.

'It wasn't the contract I originally prepared for this.'

It was made just in case to catch Dominic when he showed no signs of coming over.

But in the current situation, it could be an indicator. If Dominic is Calix, he will reject my offer for any reason. When a contract is signed, everything I say out loud, everything we talk about, etc. are confidential under the contract.

This means that even if you get a good idea from a conversation with me, you will not be able to use it in your own company. This is a violation of the confidentiality clause and will result in a penalty due to the magic in the contract. 

Your hands and feet will be tied in many ways, which is fatal for the owner of the business.

'I don't know why they approached me, but I don't think they would want to sign a contract at a disadvantage.'

What if Mr. Dominic is Calix?

On the other hand, if it was just my wish, this is also a good opportunity for Dominic.

Working with a good person at such a good rate doesn't come around often, right?

"I want Dominic to be my own person."

I calmly stated my wish. Mr. Dominic was speechless. His face was slightly red as he put the contract down on the table.

I thought it was because of the lighting. Or maybe it's the wine served with the food.

After a while, he finally opened his mouth.

"All right."

"Yes? Really?"

"Yes."

He spoke slowly. 

"The Lady of the Second Division wants me so much."

"Kyaa! Very well thought out. Dominic! I will do a really good job." 

Well, it was my luck after all!

I was relieved that my worries were gone, and at the same time, I was very excited to have Dominic as my own.

Instead of doing this, let's make a toast!

Dominic stopped me as I excitedly raised my wine glass.

"Previously. There is one thing I would like to request to be changed."

"Yes? What's the point......."

"I would like to sign this contract as an investment advisor to Rosenia's vice-owner, not as an investment advisor to Pierre."

I blinked at his request and then chuckled.

That's about it.

It's actually better.

***

"So you signed a contract?"

Aide Dominic opened his mouth after hearing the shocking story from Calix, who had returned home.

Now, what on earth did our Duke say?

"Duke. Please tell me I heard wrong. The Duke has become Lady Pierre's investment advisor. It's a lie, right?"

"It's true."

"Duke!" 

Dominic let out a loud scream. Calix frowned at his booming voice.

"I'm not deaf, so speak quietly."

"No, do I look serious now? This is a magic tower contract. If you break anything written in the contract, it takes effect immediately. If that happens, the name on the contract will change from Dominic Willock to Calix Altemir."

In fact, that part was scarier than the cost of not complying with the contract. A moment of mistake could reveal Calix's actions.

Until now, Calix has used the ring to hide himself and approach various competitors to uncover their secrets. And he used this to inflict a crushing defeat on his opponent.

However, if this secret was revealed due to Calix's name being revealed in the contract, there would be no bigger crisis for Alter.

'When the merchant association collapses, the family collapses, society collapses, and the empire collapses...'

"Stop. You seem to be having strange thoughts again."

When Calix scolded him. Dominic, who was chewing his lip nervously, burst into tears.

"Duke. It was the Duke who did something he didn't normally do. What were you trying to do? "What are you going to do if you get caught?" 

"That won't happen. It's only one year anyway. And I am Lady Rosenia's advisor, not Pierre's advisor."

"Isn't that what it is?"

"It's different. If Lady Rosenia's affiliation becomes the Alter Company, all provisions will be nullified for me."

"Lady Pierre speaks as if she has already passed over."

 "I think it's already been passed on to me."

What kind of nonsense is this?

Dominic wrinkled his face disturbingly.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments