TVTLQ - Chapter 20

TVTLQ - Chapter 20

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"What woman in the world would avoid the Duke?"

In the Empire, there were two men who made women run towards them like moths, wanting to even touch them with their fingertips.

One of them was Calix Altemir. The other was Crown Prince Rexed Bernhard. This may be because both of them are still single and have good looks and an abundance of wealth and power.

"Didn't you say in her last letter that it would be difficult to meet with Marquis Pierre's daughter due to her health? That's probably why."

"No, that seems like an excuse." 

Calix said as he put down the letter.

The Marquis is sick?

I've never heard of such a thing.

"Hmm."

Calix looked down at the letter written in round handwriting. Although it looked sharp, the font was surprisingly compact.

Normally, he wouldn't have bothered to hold on to someone who said he couldn't meet his schedule.

In the first place, the other person approached him before he did, so there was that aspect.

However, Rosenia continues to break away from Calix's inertia. And this completely caught Calix's interest.

"Unless you have something to hide, there is no reason to avoid it." 

He has to meet her in person as well. However, it seemed clear that if he went to visit her in person, she would avoid it citing various reasons. Calix fingered the ring on his right thumb.

Dominic saw this and frowned slightly.

"Surely you were planning to meet Miss Pierre in order to eliminate a political enemy?"

"Whether it will be static or not is unknown yet."

Calix laughed and pressed the small hole hidden under the bright blue gem of the ring. Then something surprising happened.

Calix Altemir, who is tall and handsome, has gone somewhere, and before he knows it, a fascinating woman with a deadly appearance has appeared in his stead.

Dominic let out a small exclamation

"I am amazed every time the Duke uses that ring."

"It is a valuable item."

Calix. whose voice had completely changed, looked at the ring on his right thumb and spoke. What he wore was an item specially commissioned by Iearus, the current owner of the Magic Tower.

The bright blue egg that looks like a gem is actually a magic stone with a permanent magic that changes the wearer's appearance.

Calix has used this ring to sink numerous enemies so far.

The only drawback is that the illusion magic can be broken if the wearer's energy is disturbed.

"Hmm."

He stood in front of the mirror and checked his appearance. It looks so beautiful that anyone passing by on the street will turn their head to check it out.

He chose this because he thought it would make people less cautious when he approached the female form...

When he saw the change in appearance, he didn't want to appear in front of Rosenia as a woman.

“Tsk.”

Calix clicked his tongue and activated the ring again. The color of his hair, which was as black as the night sky, gradually faded and turned into light brown. The dark blue eyes also changed to the same color as the cloudy, cloudy sky. The clear facial features became slightly blurred, giving an ordinary Iook.

"Huh? Why did you change back into male form?"

"Just... I changed my mind." 

Calix checked his attire.

Is he now going to keep Pierre's upper hand in check? Or is he going to meet Rosenia, who constantly gets on his nerves?

The answer will be known the moment he reaches the top of Pierre.

***

There are definitely days like that. It was a really scary and violent day. And I could swear that today was that day.

Clink-

"Ouch! What!"

As I was waiting for my food to come out at a restaurant I went to for lunch, I was startled by the sudden incident and raised my leg. The employee who was serving food suddenly tripped and fell right next to me.

"S-sorry, the customer! Are you okay?"

The employee, whose face was bright red from kissing the floor, bent down deeply and desperately apologized.

I saw red tomato sauce splattered on the clothes I was wearing.

This was my favorite outfit...

I wasn't in a very pleasant mood, but I couldn't show it.

I could just buy new clothes, but the staff at this restaurant would have to work for several months to compensate for the clothes I wore. 

"It's okay. It's just a little splatter. It's not like I'm hurt. Is that really okay?"

I reassured the employee with moderately friendly words. After apologizing for a long time, the employee said she was truly sorry and brought us all kinds of desserts as a courtesy.

I sighed as I poked at the sweet-looking Mont Blanc cake with my fork.

"For some reason, the weather is a bit fierce today."

Letters from Calix have been coming for several days in a row, and they are very ominous. Should I go home early today?

"It was a good meal."

After finishing my meal, I headed straight to the upper building. Since I don't have anything urgent to do. I thought I'd go home early for the first time in a while. I also have to prepare to go find the magic stone to give to the Princess.

But when I arrived near the upper building, Annie called me loudly and came running in a huff. 

"My Lasy! Why come now?"

"What? What's wrong?"

The weather was fierce today. What really happened?

Annie reacted loudly to my question.

"Well, huh, huh. He's here!"

"What? Who?! Could it be Duke Altemir?!”

"No! Investor!"

"Investor?"

I blinked at the unexpected answer.

What is that all of a sudden...

"This time, they want to develop and sell a sub-line of the product that was delivered as the Princess's wedding gift. He wants to invest heavily, keeping in mind not only domestic but also overseas exports. I think it's already been thirty minutes since he visited." 

"What? Then at least find my father! He waited too long."

"He heard a rumor that the person who played the biggest role in this incident was My Lasy. He said he definitely wanted to meet and talk to My Lady."

Oh my God. I quickly followed Annie into the building.

What is an investor?

The presence of investors was invaluable when leading the top line. In fact, it's the same in everything. Not just at the top.

You can only do things if you have money.

In particular, I had already lost a lot of blood to take Nathaniel's place.

So, I was thinking that maybe I should start appearing in the social world and look for someone who would finance me.

However, this precious investor came directly to me on his own initiative. The investor who came to see me said he was waiting for me in the reception room where I had previously dealt with Calix. 

"Whoa."

Standing in front of the reception room, I quickly checked myself before opening the door and entering. Okay, It's okay.

"... It's not."

< p>Unfortunately, at lunchtime, the restaurant clerk spilled the food and put tomato sauce on my clothes.

Ah really! Why on earth doesn't something like this happen today?

Annie took off the scarf that was around my neck as I was crying. 

"Miss, wouldn't it be possible to cover it up with this?" 

In a hurry, I rolled up the scarf Annie gave me and tied it around my waist like a belt. It's almost as if you can't even see the sauce-covered part. Still, it's better than nothing.

It doesn't seem that strange.

"Thank you."

"No."

Annie bowed her head.

I swallowed hard, knocked, and entered the living room. 

I'm sorry. Have you been waiting long?"

The man who was sitting slowly got up from his chair. I walked up to him with great strides and extended my hand to shake his hand.

"This is Rosenia Pierre. I'm sorry for making you wait so long." 

"Hello."

For a moment, I flinched without realizing it.

It's because the other person's voice in my ear was so sweet. The other person was tall, and when he lowered his head slightly. his soft-looking light brown hair swayed together. His hair was almost a wheat color, but under the sunlight, it looked slightly golden.

Gray eyes with a mysterious atmosphere, visible through thin glass frames, looked directly at me.

The other person lowered the corners of his eyes and smiled. 

"My name is Dominic Willock."


Previous        Next


Support Novellate!



Comments

Post a Comment