TVTLQ - Chapter 19

TVTLQ - Chapter 19

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Because he was the person who was there on the day when all the incidents occurred and watched it.

"The name of the injured party is Rosenia Pierre."

Calix tapped his fingers on the desk while chanting Rosenia's name.

A woman who once stalked his close friend Rexed.

And the woman who saved Pierre's life from almost falling.

'I don't know if I can say that I salvaged it."

People who don't know anything would think that she was just lucky enough to take the position of Vice Director instead of her blood relative who temporarily stepped down. But Calix didn't think so.

From Calix's perspective. Rosenia was clearly leading the mood at the time.

He stood back and pretended that he was not involved at all.

'I wasn't really surprised when it turned out that it was pyrite and not gold."

Everyone made a fuss. He was embarrassed and didn't know what to do, so he made a fuss. But that woman was particularly peaceful, like a person who had escaped all the storms of the world. 

'Show off what you have prepared at the right time.'

Everyone can understand that, by preparing so many items you can completely forget about the unpleasant things that just happened.

"Didn't you tell me! It's natural for merchants to make a profit!  Don't worry, you won't get caught!!

"She said he wanted to share the profits with me..."

The person most involved in the embezzlement, who is now in prison, said something that seemed to blame Rosenia at the time.

As if she had deliberately instigated it.

Of course, it turned out that Rosenia Pierre was not guilty of anything, so the statement was ultimately dismissed as nonsense.

But what if, in fact, she had planned all of this?

"That's nonsense."

Calix chuckled and shook off his thoughts.

It's too much imagination.

He remembered that when he went to the top, Rosenia was as alert as a scared cat. 

He can't believe that such a woman planned something so terrible that it could lead to the downfall of the upper class.

Doesn't that make sense?

"..."

However, Rosenia clearly said what she wanted to say in front of the Empress.

Calix rested his chin on his hand and was lost in thought. The animal-like sense that had made him successful so far was still sending signals.

If this delusional imagination is true, a fearsome competitor who threatens the Alter Company led by his family has appeared.

Leading from the top is hard. Especially for a Young Lady who has just become an adult.

But will that still be the case in a few years?

If she grows up and reaches the top of the business... 

 "That's Interesting."

When he first met her, he never thought she would make him feel this way.

Calix felt like he wanted to find out more about Rosenia.

Whether as a competitor to the company or in some other sense.

He took out new stationery from his desk drawer and picked up a fountain pen.

And he began writing the letter in an elegant handwriting that anyone could admire. He said as he handed the envelope to Dominic after finishing sealing it.

"Send this to Pierre." 

"If you are sober due to injury... Do you mean Nathaniel Pierre?"

"No way."

When Dominic asked a question, Calix pulled the corner of his mouth and smiled.

"It will be difficult for him to occupy a position at the top of Pierre anymore. Send to Rosenia Pierre. I want a reply right away."

"All right."

Dominic took the letter and left the office.

How will she react?

A joyous smile appeared on Calix's lips.

***

There is no God.

Although I was originally a non-religious person, I decided to believe that way from today onwards.

Otherwise, there would be no way a letter like this would have arrived to me.

"Altemir, the Duke sent it to me?" 

"Yes, My Lady."

Annie, the newly hired secretary, answered in an unnecessarily thorough manner.

I was in danger of death. Why did Calix send me a letter?

No matter how much I thought about it, I couldn't figure out the reason.

I treated Calix with complete indifference. I had run into him a couple more times since the day he went to the upper level to pay for a hotel repair bill, but I had never had a personal conversation or interaction with him.

But why on earth...?

The only thing I like about it is that the letter on the envelope says It is addressed to Rosenia Pierre, the new leader of the Pierre clan.

"Why do you need to send me a letter?'

I opened the envelope a little nervously.

And when I finished reading the Ietter, I closed my eyes. 

'Animated film." 

"Yes, My Lady?"

"Take this and burn it." 

Damn it, did taking Nathaniel'sace bring om bad luck?

Although there were various rhetorics attached, in the end, the letter conveyed one message.

I wish I could meet you in person.

Are you crazy?

"Ahh."

I grabbed my hair and hit my head on the desk.

What have I done?

Why does Calix want to meet me? No. I absolutely hate it!

"My Lady, do you really want to burn it?"

Annie took the letter back and asked cautiously.

I looked at the letter with eyes full of resentment. After a while, I spoke in a dying voice.

"No. Give it to me."

What if they get angry later because I burned the letter?

First, I put the letter in a drawer and sealed it.

"Ha..."

I can't dare chew on Male Lead's letter, but I have to send a reply, right?

[Dear Duke Altemir.

Hello, Duke. This is Rosenia Pierre. Are you doing well and in good health?]

I hate writing this so much. First, like Calix, I started filling the first part of the letter with rhetoric.

And now to the main point.

[I would also like to accept the Duke's invitation, but unfortunately, I have to tell you that it will be difficult. My father was very heartbroken as my brother went through hardships due to a recent incident. As a result, his health deteriorated greatly and he needed someone to nurse him by his side...]

My father, who was healthy except for the disease, was sold because he was sick.

If you say you can't go out because you're busy taking care of your sick father, then you're the bad guy!

The ending was roughly made up. 

Phew. 

Why do I even have to write this letter?

"Now, give this to the Duke." 

I handed Annie a letter over one and a half pages long. If I wrote it this long, it wouldn't seem insincere and it would be okay, right?

Since I politely declined. I will never receive a letter from him again.

But that was my mistake.

"Miss, there is a letter from Duke AItemir."

"Again...?"

The next day. I received a reply from damn Calix.

Oh, I know this. This is what happens when a boy who is a wizard goes to magic school.

There was a question written in the letter: 

"When would it be okay?"

"I think it will probably be difficult in the future." 

I wrote that back in the letter.

Even after replying and sitting down, I felt uneasy.

That kid who was a wizard.

He keeps rejecting the letters, but eventually, the school comes to deliver them in person.

I'm sure the Duke won't come to visit me if I keep doing this, right?

“Ahaha, no way... No way.  Eeeeeeeeeey... Nonsense. I believe not! Really!"

***

“Ha ha ha!”

Calix burst into laughter at the letter that came back like a knife again today.

His assistant, Dominic, looked at him in surprise.

'It's a big deal.'

His owner never smiled.

Even if he did smile, it would only be a very small smile. But these days, his owner has been laughing quite often.

"What do you think?"

Calix asked, gently shaking the reply he received from Dominic.

"It seems like Lady Rosenia is avoiding me."


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments