TVTLQ - Chapter 17

TVTLQ - Chapter 17

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



All the dresses, jewelry, and anything else of value I had. It was an all-or-nothing situation anyway.

I wanted Pierre and I had to bet on devouring this huge top in one go. In fact, the biggest bet I made was on a family called Pierre.

They first had to plan something crazy to defraud the Princess's wedding gift.

"Oh my God... It's so beautiful."

Before I knew it, all the women who had arrived came over to look at the gifts I had brought.

As the appraiser assessed that all of these gems were real, their vigilance had disappeared before they knew it.

"I can say without a doubt that these are the best products. It seems like there are also gems I've seen at auctions before mixed in."

"This is really amazing. I can't believe the Young Lady prepared this as a gift,"

"I think this would be good enough to send to the Kingdom of Borsha?"

When a woman said something, the person next to her slapped the other person's hand. The atmosphere was somehow disturbed, but it was something that made the Empress angry.

There was no way the Empress would change her words, and Pierre's mistake in the first place did not go away.

"But right now, a delegation is scheduled to leave for the Kingdom of Borsha at the end of this month. Time is running out. But how can you know ten when you see one?"

The excitement over the beautiful jewelry subsided a little.

I just stood quietly without saying anything to their conversation. Now it was time for someone other than me to step forward.

"Mother."

Princess Penelope, who had kissed me beforehand.

"How about sending these goods to Borsha?” 

“Princess!”

The Empress looked back at Princess Penelope with a shocked face. Penelope continued calmly.

"These are items worthy of being sent to the kingdom. "It's small, but each and every piece is made up of precious things. Have you forgotten the prank they played by plating pyrite? Is that possible? There must be clear punishment for mistakes. But it's a pity that there seems to be at least one proper person in Pierre."

Princess Penelope picked up the diamond mandarin duck in her hand turned to me and said.

"I wish the couple success and happiness in the future." 

"Yes. Your Highness." 

"It's the happiness of a couple..."

The princess made a somewhat sad expression and gently stroked the mandarin duck's head with her fingertips.

The mandarin duck sparkled beautifully in her hands.

"I liked the kind intentions you showed. And I hope the people of Borsha feel the same way, Mother."

"Princess."

"Among the items presented today, I will choose these animal jewels as gifts to send to the Kingdom of Borsha.

The Princess declared while looking around the audience. This is the decision chosen by the Princess, the main character of the wedding. Those who are merely involved have no choice but to follow.

Even the Empress, who still seemed displeased, did not add any more words to her wishes.

"But before that, we need to organize it properly." 

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I will take responsibility for completing this task."

My father, realizing that the worst was over, hurriedly bowed and walked out. But the Princess shook her head.

"I will never entrust the Marquis with anything to do with my wedding."

"Yes?"

"Rosenia Pierre."

"Yes, Your Highness."

 I went straight to stand in front of Penelope.

The Princess looked down at me and said.

"From now on, take responsibility and fulfill the contract. I will only do business with you at Pierre's Merchant."

"I will do my best." 

Finally.....!

I held back the laughter that threatened to escape and bowed my head deeply. 

In the eyes of others, you will seem like a person who is just overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. I really wonder what Nathaniel looks like right now, but I can't look up!

"And the Marquis."

"Yes......!"

"We will send an audit team to Pierre's headquarters today through the Tax Department."

"Uh, Your Highness!" 

My father screamed desperately.

He was the one who resolved the embezzlement case I uncovered internally in order to prevent the Tax Bureau from getting involved. But this time, an unavoidable storm came.

"We will have to cooperate properly. I hope that supplying goods to the imperial palace is not completely banned."

"B-but I...."

"Why? Are you dissatisfied with my decision?"

The Princess raised her eyes coldly. My father flinched at her spirit. My father, who was shaking for a moment, answered with his shoulders drooping.

"No..."

"I hope the Marquis keeps in mind that since you are Pierre, who is Ioyal to the imperial family, this will stop at this level."

"Yes....Your majesty."

"And then, Marquis, is the Marquis really this clueless?"

"Yes?"

"How long do I have to stay in the same place as that unpleasant guy? Do I have to say this with my own mouth?" 

"S-sorry! Nathaniel, get out there! hurry!" 

"Father?!"

"Leave quickly!" 

Nathaniel, who was standing still, was immediately kicked out.

As expected, our Princess was perfect until the very end.

Wow, really great!

***

The firewood filled with oil burned happily with even a small spark. As the Princess had predicted, tax officials came to the top that evening.

"Hey, why are you touching this! Don't take it!"

"Can't you see the official document here? The Marquis' actions now could lead to charges of obstruction of official business."

"You, don't do that, just talk to me. Look!" 

They confiscated all contracts, ledgers, and documents kept inside the upper chamber.

While my father and the employees were panicking and following the Tax Bureau employees around, I secretly called the person sent by the princess.

"Take this too."

Then he handed over the embezzlement documents of Nathaniel and Joseph that he had organized in advance.

The employee who handed over the data looked a little shaken. 

"Your Highness the Princess told me in advance, but aren't you Pierre? Can you hand this to us directly?"

"Because it's about righting a wrong."

I smiled like a brightly blooming flower.

"Pierre was a great inconvenience to Your Majesty today. However, the merciful Princess Penelope prevented the complete collapse of our Pierre clan. So, I think I should repay the favor."

I kept saying things, but the truth is, I have to eat the top, so I'm going to get rid of all the people who get in my way.

How can you know my deep meaning?

"So, please be kind to me."

 "Huh. really. This is the first time I've seen someone say good wishes to an employee who was investigated. All right. We would like to ask you to please take care of us."

They shook off everything without leaving a single speck of dust behind and returned late at night with an abundance of confiscated goods.

And the results came very quickly.

About a week later, Joseph and Nathaniel were sentenced to imprisonment along with a hefty fine.

"How could you use me and abandon me like this! Miss! Miss!"

Joseph, who had been calling out to me, was taken to prison. By the way, I would have told you to call me the manager.

Anyway, it's good to be self-employed. Nathaniel was able to at least avoid going to prison with the huge bail provided by his father.

But his ending wasn't so good either.

 "Nathaniel. You should go down to the territory for a while."

"Father!" 

"Uh-huh! If you want to ask for forgiveness, you have to at least show some self-reflection!"

His father decided to put him in a corner of the empty estate.

"The reason I turned a blind eye to your mistakes until now is because they were all problems I could solve! But you! How dare you interfere with the Princess's wedding?" 

Nathaniel put on an aggrieved expression, but it was no use. In any case, it was discovered that the funds stolen by using pyrite instead of gold went into his pocket. It was a situation where I had to consider myself lucky just to not go to jail.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments