TVTLQ - Chapter 16

TVTLQ - Chapter 16

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Nathaniel held his cheek with his mouth open with a blank look on his face.

It was so funny that I started laughing a little without realizing it, but I heard the same laughing sound from somewhere.

As I searched for the source of the sound, I saw Calix, who was standing behind the crowd, slightly covering his mouth with the back of his hand and suppressing laughter.

Well, that person also had feelings for Nathaniel. I was looking at Calix, feeling a sense of kinship, when he suddenly raised his head and our eyes met.

I quickly turned my head.

I never thought I would suddenly look at him there. I was surprised.

Nathaniel, who had been slapped twice in succession, was unable to overcome his temper and shook his shoulders. With a face as red as a tomato, he glared at the Princess. His eyes were completely turned upside down as if he was going to hit the Princess at any moment.

Father, who noticed this, rushed out and caught Nathaniel before a bigger accident occurred. 

"I am truly sorry, Your Majesty! You trusted us and entrusted things to Pierre, but we ended up showing you this ugly side!"

"Father!"

"Be quiet! Where are you talking?"

"I got hit now! Twice!"

"Are you out of your mind now? Even if I tell you to be quiet!" 

Nathaniel must have been really excited.

Usually, when my father yells at him, he just pretends to be dead. Now his eyes were wide open and he was protesting. He is truly a model of Anhamuin. He doesn't seem to have noticed that everyone, including the Empress, is looking at him displeased right now.

"Sis, where's Joseph?"

He, who was huffing and puffing, pulled Joseph out from hiding among the people.

"Hey, you did it. Where are you hiding now?"

"Ugh!" 

Nathaniel threw Joseph in front of the Princess. Then he spoke in a boiling voice, cutting off each syllable. 

"Her Royal Highness. I said I didn't do it. It was all done by this guy."

"Is that true?"

Princess Penelope looked down at Joseph with a cold gaze. Joseph, who was trembling and kneeling on the floor, cried out earnestly.

 "Oh, no! I just followed the orders of the Vice-Admiral."

"What? When did I!"

"Didn't you always tell me to save up money and bring it to you?" 

"Fuck you, you won't be quiet!"

"Oh my God....."

An old woman who was watching held her forehead as if she was shocked.

In the midst of the now chaotic revelations, Joseph found me this time.

"Oh, Lady Rosenia ordered it from the beginning."

"Huh?"

"Didn't you tell me! It's natural for merchants to make a profit! Don't worry, you won't get caught!"

At his words, both Nathaniel and my father turned to me. I tilted my head as if I didn't understand.

"..!?"

"Yes! She said she wanted to share the profits with me......!"

"I've never received anything like money from you?"

This is a fact without a single lie. I asked Joseph to settle the money once everything was completed.

I wasn't really trying to take bribes in the first place. I was just digging a trap to send Nathaniel to the goal, so how could I have taken the money?

At that time, Joseph was very excited when I told him to settle the bill later.

He was probably thinking of running away with his share of the money, which was going to go away anyway. Without even thinking that it would become another trap. Joseph, realizing the reality, looked in despair.

He had no way out now.

Joseph, who was looking around, grabbed Nathaniel's pants and pleaded.

"Sir, how good have I always been? You must not do that to me. If you abandon me. I will have no choice but to reveal everything I have hidden..."

"Won't you shut your mouth?"

"Stop!"

The Empress's voice divided the crowd. Everyone stopped moving and bowed their heads at her cry, which clearly showed cold anger.

The Empress said, glaring at Nathaniel and Joseph.

"As of today, all transactions with Pierre Merchant will be treated as if they had never happened. Not only for the Princess's princess's wedding but also for all other items supplied by Pierre, the importation is prohibited."

"Your Majesty!"

My father was startled and knelt down on the floor. Delivery to the imperial family is prohibited. The nobles also had no choice but to turn a blind eye to items that the imperial family turned away from.

That meant that there was no future at the top of Pierre.

"Please take back your words! How can you abandon Pierre? This is all my fault. We will resolve the issue completely and compensate for any shortcomings, so please..."

"I don't want to hear it." 

The Empress waved her hands as if she was disgusted.

 "I don't want to repeat the same thing."

"Your Majesty!"

"Stop! Disappearing from my sight! If you don't go out on your own, I will kick you out." 

"Your Majesty, please..!"

"I will follow your words, Your Majesty."

When the atmosphere in the room was heading toward catastrophe, I pushed my father away and stepped forward. My father looked up at me with shocked eyes. 

I think I know what you want to do. You probably want to scream because you can't tell what to wear and what not to wear.

But I didn't care about this and bowed deeply and spoke politely.

"I will reflect on the inconvenience caused by my brother's unpleasant actions. I, Rosenia Pierre, and as a member of Pierre, I would like to apologize once again."

"..."

Was it because I was a Young Lady alone among men?

The mood of the Empress, who had ordered guests to leave immediately, calmed down a bit. And I took advantage of that opportunity to get to the point.

 "But before that. I would like to offer a small gift I have prepared to Her Majesty the Empress and Her Highness the Princess."

 "Gift?"

I gestured to an attendant who was standing at the very back of the room. At my signal, the servant came quickly to me.

I took the box he was keeping and opened it in front of everyone. 

"This is a mandarin duck made of diamonds." 

I bowed my head and spoke humbly. 

"Since ancient times, mandarin ducks have symbolized the marriage of a married couple. Each feather was carefully crafted by a craftsman, and peridots were placed in the mandarin duck's eyes to wish the couple happiness." 

A pair of mandarin ducks in a box sparkled beautifully. Everyone looked at the mandarin duck as if fascinated by the dazzling light. 

My father knelt on the floor and apologized, the Empress who did not hide her anger and kicked us out, and even Princess Penelope who had planned everything with me in advance.

Hmm, of course, it should be. I lost all the money I had to prepare for this.

"I originally prepared it separately to congratulate Her Highness the Princess on her marriage. Although something unpleasant happened... It is my sincere wish to congratulate Your Majesty on your marriage. It's a small gift. but I hope you like it."

 "It's so cute, yet so delicate."

"I know, right. It's really, really amazing."

People quietly let out exclamations. That's why the items I prepared were of the highest quality. It is incomparable to the items Nathaniel has shown me so far.

"My daughter has a pretty good eye. It would be great if we had prepared something like that from the beginning."

"And..."

I snapped my fingers and made a clicking sound. At that signal, the servant who brought me the small box opened the door.

And at the same time, employees waiting outside filed in, carrying small but expensive-looking jewelry boxes.

When the box was opened, it contained jewels carved in the shape of animals, similar to mandarin ducks, symbolizing the couple's fertility and happiness.

"This is my gift." 

Everyone in the room opened their mouths in surprise.

Did I say it?

I prepared today's gift using all my possessions. I risked everything to make this a success.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments