TVTLQ - Chapter 9

TVTLQ - Chapter 9

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I wouldn't have realized this until quite late if it hadn't been for Margaret's messy spills and the noises I overheard outside Joseph's office late at night.

Ugh, my ears!

I want to wash it again.

"Ah. Lady! Sorry!"

Only then did Joseph realize his situation and hurriedly fell to the floor and hit his head.

A loud bang echoed throughout the room.

"Well, I was wrong! Really...! That shouldn't have happened!"

"What are you apologizing for? The embezzlement thing? Or Margaret?"

"Two, both!"

That's a funny answer. But I understood. They say there is no answer if you are bitten by a mad dog.

When Nathaniel finds out, he will really break Joseph's leg. The nickname of the capital's greatest bastard is not something that can be easily earned.

"Why did someone who knew what was wrong do something like that?"

When I laughed at him cynically, Joseph shed tears like chicken shit.

"Ugh, I'm really sorry. Please close your eyes just this once. I won't do that again. I have a wife like a fox and children like rabbits. If I get kicked out, my family.."

"You do something like that when you have a family? Anyway, stop."

I raised my hand and cut off his excuse, Joseph, who was extremely discouraged, pursed his lips and cried.

At this point. I think I've put in enough effort. I decided to give it a try. 

"Why should I turn a blind eye to you? What can I get?"

"W-I'll do anything!"

Joseph shouted desperately.

"I know how to do a lot of things! Why would the Lord of Merchant entrust the ledger to me! This is because the work has been done neatly without anyone knowing! If you need money from an unknown source. Just let me know...!"

"Director."

"Yes?"

"How long am I going to have to just be called lady? Have you come out to play at the top now? I don't feel very good."

"S-sorry. Director."

Joseph, who was quick-witted, understood what I meant and quickly changed the title. I was quite satisfied with his obedient attitude.

I said, softening my voice slightly.

"You can't stay on top of Pierre forever."

Joseph looked lost at my words. 

"But you can clean up quietly and leave without being punished."

"Yes?"

"This may be your last chance to run away with your family. Maybe even get severance pay. Of course, you won't be caught playing with fire with Margaret either."

"Really? If I do something..."

Bingo.

As expected. Joseph was quick-witted. There is no need to explain every detail. I smiled and told him.

"Give me the list of people who cooperated with my brother in embezzling the company's funds."

"Yes? But that's loyalty to colleagues..."

"I'm choosing someone to get scolded for instead of you, so you don't like it? Do you want to go to my father?"

"No. I will prepare right away."

Joseph, who had been talking about loyalty, immediately chose the path of a traitor. As expected, their loyalty was as light as a feather.

"And one more thing. There will be a large order for goldworks coming in soon."

"You mean goldwork?"

"Okay. It will be an order on a scale we have never experienced before. And the reason why I'm telling you this... You know why."

I lowered my voice and whispered as if I was telling a secret. Joseph, who had been listening politely and lowered his posture, had a strange expression on his face.

He soon realized what I was talking about.

Joseph said with a determined look on his face.

"Of course, Director. Please just leave it to me." 

"You shouldn't disappoint me." 

"I am an expert in that field. Please believe me. You will never be disappointed."

 Joseph spoke as if he was swearing, showing his yellow teeth. I smiled brightly at the person who would become the spark for everything.

***

Exactly one week after my private conversation with Joseph.

"Greetings to the Little Moon of the Empire."

Holding in my arms a huge bomb that not even Nathaniel could avoid.

It was absolutely impossible to remove Nathaniel from his position as successor using ordinary methods. Because he was my father's favorite eldest son and the second-in-command of Pierre Merchant.

'I guess I'll just get scolded for secretly taking bribes and move on.'

No matter what his actions were, my father was only considering Nathaniel as his successor.

So there were two things I had to do to turn the current situation around.

I need to make my father realize that Nathaniel is not just incompetent, but a person who will be harmful to the top. And that incident must be difficult for the father to cover up with the power of the family. 

And I have to let you know that I too can become his successor! That way, I will be able to prevent the top I want from being taken over by the wrong person.

After thinking about it for a while, the method I finally chose was Princess Penelope's upcoming wedding.

Let's bring the imperial family into the fold and make things bigger! 

'Still, if possible, I didn't want to come to the imperial palace.' 

I sighed inwardly as I looked at the floor of the imperial palace, which was so shiny that even flies could slip on it.

In the original work, the biggest driving force behind Rosenia's bullying of the female protagonist was her love for the Crown Prince. He was a man who could not be reached no matter how much I begged and clung to him. However, when the man showed endless affection and attention to his mistress, Estelle, jealousy exploded.

'Because of Rosenia's existence, Prince Rexed ended up as a mal lead.'

Usually, when a Crown Prince and a Duke get together, the Crown Prince is the main male lead.

(The Secret Temptation of a Fake Princess) ended with the male lead being a Duke.

Of course, Rexed's sadistic tendencies may have played a role in deciding on the male lead. Prince Rexed was not as friendly as Rosenia thought.

Even after this, it was still an impoverished reverse harem novel. All kinds of things, including confinement, came up.

'As expected, it's the original work of the novel. I should never interfere with their love.'

"Get up."

The Princess's voice was heard overhead. Only then did I raise my head and straighten my back.

Princess Penelope was standing right in front of the window. Looking at the rose garden beyond the window. 

'She's really skinny.'

It was the first impression I felt upon seeing the Princess. She had gray hair and was skinny.

The princess was the same sibling as Prince Rexed, but she did not inherit the same health as him.

The imperial palace's maids did their best to dress her up, but she was so thin that her dress was left hanging. The hair also seems somewhat dull.

'But she has dignity.'

Is it really true that a red line is a red line? 

I felt an atmosphere that was hard to ignore and impossible to ignore. Although she looks a little tired.

"That princess is my first customer."

Since I am here, you must make this contract a success.

I swallowed my saliva and put a business smile on my face. And I raised my voice to seem as lively as possible.

"Thank you for allowing me to have an audience with you, Princess."

"The letter you sent intrigued me." 

The Princess looked away from the window, turned her head towards me, and smiled. It was difficult to tell whether it was ridicule or just laughter.

"You said there was a gift you wanted to give me. Is that the gift you prepared?"

"No, Your Highness. This is a wedding gift sent by my father on behalf of Marquis Pierre."

As I said, there were a lot of gorgeously wrapped gift boxes piled up in a corner of the room.

These are the gifts my father gave me as soon as I scheduled an audience with the Princess. This meant that he had to first put his stamp on it before asking the Emperor about the import of pepper.

Probably things like jewelry, silk, or teaware. 

"Hmm."

However, these are items that the Princess does not really need. These are also things I already own in abundance.

In fact, the princess did not seem to have much interest in the gift her father had prepared. She just glanced at me and then withdrew her gaze.

I continued before the Princess completely lost interest.

"The gift I want to give you is something completely different."


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments