TVTLQ - Chapter 10

TVTLQ - Chapter 10

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




"It's something else. It is absolutely necessary for Your Highness and for your marriage, too."

Princess Penelope raised her eyebrows. It may have been a somewhat provocative remark.

How dare I, who was only the daughter of a Marquis, talk about the Princess's married life. I spoke even more politely, lowering my eyes.

"I have something to tell you privately. Can you please send the maids out?"

"They are my limbs."

"Of course, since they are the ones who serve Your Highness most closely, they must be trustworthy loyalists. But since there are only a few people who know about this... "

I dare you to ask. The Princess glared at me with suspicious eyes.

My skin tingled because she showed off her unpleasant expression without any filtering.

But after a while, the answer I wanted came out of the other person's mouth.

"You guys go out for a while."

"But Your Highness."

"Even if I ask you to go out."

"Yes, I will be waiting outside."

In the end, following the Princess's orders, all three maids left the room.

The Princess, leaning against the window frame and standing crookedly, slightly lifted her chin looked down at me, and said. 

"I sent everyone out as you requested. Okay, let's hear what you're trying to say to me."

"I know that Your Highness is secretly looking for a medicinal herb that can help you see your heir." 

"What?" 

Perhaps because the answer was unexpected, the Princess froze.

"I would like to help you. Your Highness. I have requested an audience with you to tell you that." 

Princess Penelope was born with a body that made it difficult for her to have children. This was because her body was weak and my energy was unstable.

Since there is no menstruation in the first place, she cannot have children.

The Royal Princess is actually a stone woman. It was a flaw that the Emperor wanted to hide. And that was also the reason why the Emperor married the Princess to the weak Kingdom of Borsha. 

'But the Prince of Borsha was a better man than I thought.'

Although the marriage was sold as an ordinary marriage, the Prince of Borsha treated Penelope sincerely.

Have you shown respect and affection to your future spouse? Naturally, the Princess fell in love with the Prince.

However, in marriages between nobles, especially the royal family, having children was almost an obligation. Since she was a Princess, she would not suffer a dishonorable divorce.

However, she will have no choice but to watch as another woman enters the Prince's bedroom to have a child for the next generation. And for a Princess in love, it was a sight she never wanted to see.

"I will help you create a happy family in Borsha."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

The Princess turned her head and made a fool of herself. I wasn't surprised because it was something I expected.

"Recently, I heard that there is a big player in the market who has stepped forward to purchase medicinal herbs."

I simply presented evidence so that the other party could not deny it.

"But the medicinal herbs that the big man requested had one thing in common. These are things that help us see the future."

"..."

"The merchant who provided the goods knew the woman who came as an errand boy. He knows that she is Her Highness' personal maid."

Actually, I didn't find out about it myself.

I just remembered the information I read in the original and confirmed it. In the original work, the Princess bought everything from medicine that was said to be good for women to all kinds of superstitious items in order to have a child ahead of her marriage.

Even though she knew that if that fact became known, she might be ridiculed by people.

"Why are you so confident that you even seek out such medicine?"

'I still found it strange that the Princess of an Empire would marry the Prince of a Kingdom, but isn't there actually something wrong with the Princess?'

In social circles where people like to talk about others, these are back-talking words that can easily be said.

There is no way the Princess, who can be said to be standing at the top of the social world, does not know this fact. That means the Princess is desperate.

When it comes to having a child from the Prince of Borsha Kingdom.

"Of course, I've silenced, so you don't have to worry about the word spreading."

I sweetly told her not to worry too much, but the Princess's eyes were already harsh as she looked at me.

I think I really hurt the other person's pride.

The Princess raised her eyes fearfully and frowned.

"So what do you want to say? Are you asking for a price for hiding the secret?"

"Is that possible? I just want to let you know that medicine cannot relieve your worries."

I smiled softly.

"The remedies available in the folk world are largely a product of chance. How can you rely on such things?" 

"Because I am a woman of the royal family."

The Princess's princess's voice was cold.

"Because she is a woman of the royal family who has the obligation to give birth to an heir and continue the generation. Because she is responsible for giving him her child.

"She has no choice but to rely on things like that."

But is it my imagination that somehow feels hot? The Princess's quietly clenched fist turned white.

I looked at her quietly and then opened my mouth.

"I will give you the tears of the World Tree."

The Princess's eyes instantly turned to me.

"Your Highness already knows what the tears of the World Tree are, so I don't think I need to tell you."

The 'Tears of the World Tree' is a gem given by the imperial family to important nobles several generations ago.

To be exact, a jewel made of 100% pure magic stone. Naturally collected magic stones have special powers. It has the power to compensate for even human physical weaknesses.

You might wonder why such a precious item was distributed to nobles, but in the past, such naturally collected magic stones were quite common.

At least enough for the nobles and royal family to use it without any shortage?

The problem is that an Emperor who absolutely hated magic reigned and destroyed everything made of magic stones.

"Is it just the magic stone?" 

As if he had some kind of resentment towards magic, he tried to completely destroy the wizard's seed.

As a result, a large-scale persecution began and many people were killed. It's not an old thing. Because that Emperor is the deceased father of the current Emperor.

Fortunately, the current Emperor did not follow his father's terrible steps. However, the magic stones that had already been destroyed did not come back.

As a result, artificial magic stones created by wizards were now being used as substitutes in many areas that required magic power.

It is an artificial object that cannot be expected to have any healing effect and is merely an energy source.

"Does Pierre have it?"

The Princess asked me somewhat urgently. I nodded slowly.

When the Emperor's persecution of magic was severe, many nobles followed the Emperor's orders and destroyed everything made of magic stones.

However, there were a few people who did not follow the order and secretly stole liver from the ship...

'One of them is just my family.'

That's amazing. Pierre too.

However, seeing as I am also planning to do dangerous things in the future. It seems that I have possessed a body that is perfect for me.

"Could it be to the Marquis?"

"No, my father doesn't even know the thing exists. I happened to discover something that my ancestors had secretly hidden."

In the original, it was Rosenia who discovered the tears of the World Tree. So that meant that it was safely stored in its original location until I found it and touched it.

The Princess looked at me for a moment and slowly opened her mouth.

"What do you want?"

"Please help me become Pierre's successor."

I answered right away as if I had been waiting for those words. Because there was no hesitation at all, Princess Penelope frowned slightly.

"A successor? Isn't that something you should tell your father?" 

"My father loves my brother very much. So he won't choose me over my brother. Under imperial law, female inheritance is not prohibited, but primogeniture is encouraged."

"Why?"

The Princess asked as if she was genuinely curious.

"I thought you were most interested in marriage."


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments