TVTLQ - Chapter 7

TVTLQ - Chapter  7

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




"I guess I made Miss Pierre uncomfortable." 

"Oh, no. Rather, I feel sorry for the inconvenience my brother caused."

I was shocked and apologized again. I feel like I'm making all the apologies I'll ever make today.

"Hey, Duke. Among the places, we have a contract with is a famous interior prop workshop. If necessary, contact us there..."

"No. It's okay. Because we also have business partners."

Calix declined my offer politely but very firmly. Just by his attitude, it seemed like he didn't want anything to do with Pierre anymore.

I feel the same way, but...! However, I definitely don't want to leave this negative image behind.

"They say that the injured party is also out on the road, and there is nothing we can do about it. I'll just go back now."

He must have thought he had nothing more to do with me, so he quickly stood up. I hesitantly followed him and got up from my seat.

Half of me wanted to catch him and somehow relieve him of his discomfort, and half of me wanted him to go away quickly.

While my mind was wandering, he spoke politely to me.

"Please forward the letter I gave you instead." 

"Yes...!" 

Okay, let's just send it.

"I will make sure to deliver the letter."

I bowed repeatedly as I saw him off outside the building. There's nothing I can do about it even if I'm servile.

Because I really didn't want to give any sentiment to the original characters. Especially negative comments! 

"Huh."

When the carriage carrying the Duke finally disappeared into the distance, the tension that had been constricting my entire body was instantly relieved. It was a busy street with people passing by, but my legs gave out and I fell to the floor like a falling leaf.

It's okay, right? You're not very angry, right? Yes? It has to be, please! 

"Ugh. Nathaniel!"

I knew he was a crazy person who caused trouble both inside and outside. but I didn't know that this also applied to male leads.

 "You're really dead." 

There is no such thing as a comfortable country life for me anymore. I know that if I'm kicked out of the countryside. I'll have to work my butt off!

***

As the carriage slowly started, Calix looked at the woman's reflection through the window. Today, Calix tried to meet Nathaniel Pierre and warn him but ended up meeting an unexpected person. 

"The second child of Marquis Pierre." 

It was his first time meeting the other person in person, but he knew of her existence.

How could he not know?

Because she was the woman who made a surprise confession to his close friend and Little Sun of the Empire, Prince Rexed, a year ago.

The whole thing took place at a resort where the Crown Prince went on a private vacation with his family.

Security at the villa was tight and outsiders were not allowed to enter. However, when the Crown Prince was walking alone on the beach, Rosenia, who was looking for an opportunity, barged in.

"His Royal Highness, I am in love with you. Please accept my love!"

A confession that can only be embarrassing to those who are victimized.

"I don't like it."

Naturally, the Crown Prince rejected her confession.

Rexed, who had lived his entire life receiving attention from people, extremely disliked invasions of privacy. It was for this reason that he went on vacation to a faraway place that took several days to travel to and from.

So, Rosenia, an uninvited guest, would not be happy.

Even so, Rosenia was fanatically obsessed with Rexed and was engaging in behavior bordering on stalking. She sent him numerous letters and followed him consistently at all his official appearances.

The extravagantly decorated Rosenia was dazzlingly beautiful, but to Rexed, who was already tired of her behavior, she was nothing more than a leech that he did not want to deal with. But Rosenia was no slouch either.

"If Your Highness does not accept my love, I will be so sad that I will become the foam of the sea!"

At first, he wondered what she was talking about. What a waste. 

Has she read a fairy tale? But as Rosenia gradually retreated and the waves that washed up on the sand began to wet his ankles, Rexed realized what she meant.

"Hey, what are you doing...... Guard!"

The situation was resolved only after the knights came and captured the rebellious Rosenia. In the process, it was a bonus that even the Rexed got soaked in seawater.

"You've given your child a proper education,  Marquis."

"I am truly sorry, Your Majesty. Since she was a child born to me at the end of my life. I raised her... I beg you. Please relieve your anger."

Marquis Pierre, worried about his family's honor, prayed to the Crown Prince over and over again. Thanks to the Marquis' plea and apology, and the enormous compensation he received, this matter was not made known to the outside world.

All that Calix knew about the incident was that Prince Rexed told it only to Calix, his close friend.

'After that, I knew she was recovering under the pretext of illness.'

He heard that she doesn't show up in social circles and never leaves the house. However, it was somewhat surprising to meet Lady Pierre outside, especially at the top.

They say the Lady ran away from home without her father's knowledge and followed Rexed. Because of that, there was an uproar in the Marquis.

'Is it possible to be like that even if you are immature?!

At that time, Rexed laughed at his opponent as if he was shocked. The Marquis was also sarcastically worried that he was having a hard time. Thanks to this, for Calix, Rosenia's image was defined as that of an immature young daughter.

But the Rosenia he met in person...

'It's different.'

She didn't seem particularly immature. She seemed a little calmer than that. She was also very polite to Calix. She was able to easily tell that the other person was having a hard time with her. Because she reacted promptly to each of his actions. Especially when she bowed deeply and apologized for her brother's mistake. I had to hide my surprise.

This is because he thought that it was not an action worthy of a woman who immaturely ran away from home and came to the Crown Prince's private space.

'Rexed's eye for people can't be wrong.'

Did the person change during that time when she was sick?

But being sick would have been just an excuse for self-reflection anyway.

"I will make it clear to my brother that something like this will never happen again. Don't worry, Duke. And I'm sorry again."

Calix recalled Rosenia's last words before getting into the carriage. It was a cry that sounded quite heartfelt, but he wasn't expecting it. Because people don't change easily.

The humble appearance she showed today was probably just one of her eccentricities. Thanks to that eccentricity, Nathaniel Pierre was able to avoid being publicly criticized by Calix.

"You're lucky with the trash topic."

With a clear sneer on his face, Calix completely looked away from the window.

***

Joseph, who was an assistant to Nathaniel, the leader of the Second Order, considered it the greatest luck of his life to have him as his master.

He was not wise and had an impatient and impulsive personality. Unable to control his anger, he often raised his hand at subordinates. But there was one advantage that outweighed all the disadvantages.

"What? Are you scared? Haha, really? Then, even if you pay for your trouble, will you still think the same way?"

Nathaniel was a big man. He treated the money like it was his own pocket and wasted it like water.

And in the process of silencing him, a considerable amount of money was distributed to his confidants.

Joseph was the beneficiary.

"Is it okay?"

At first, he couldn't sleep at night thinking about embezzling public funds. Even if it was Nathaniel who ordered it, he would definitely not be able to avoid disaster if he was caught by the tax office or by the Marquis, the owner of the merchant house.

But as he began to experience first-hand the sweet benefits of money, his anxiety dulled.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments