TVTLQ - Chapter 6

TVTLQ - Chapter 6

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly





"What about you, brother?"

"The owner of the company went to an external meeting with the company."

It means he went out for a drink.

"Don't you have Joseph?"

Margaret trembled as she looked for Joseph, Nathaniel's assistant.

What? I looked at her suspiciously. Margaret said, shaking her head slightly.

"He is currently going out."

"... Is it so."

Both the master and his subordinates are the same. Where have you both gone?

"Are you a guest I have to meet now?"

"Yes. That's right."

"Hmm." 

I was lost in thought for a moment. The owner of the upper section is my father, but my father delegated most of the work to Nathaniel, the second owner of the upper section. So, although he was a little unlucky, it was safe to say that Nathaniel was the face of Pierre's upper class.

If you're looking for a sole proprietor, you're definitely one of our top clients.

Seeing as they can't even send Nathaniel back just because he isn't there, it must be a pretty big deal, right?

'Maybe I can make you my partner?'

Just as Nathaniel has collaborators, the more people I have to help me, the better. 

Okay, let's meet.

"Please guide me."

"Yes, Miss." 

I followed Margaret to the room where the guests were waiting. Until then, I was excited with little anticipation. Without even anticipating what the future would bring me.

"Hello." 

When I encountered the tall man waiting in the room, I completely froze on the spot.

"This is Calix Altemir." 

The main male protagonist of this novel and one of the four male lead candidates who probably killed me.

Calix Altemir was waiting for me

***

Rattle.

Rattling.

Am I shaking now?

My head was spinning furiously. I looked for the reason why the male lead was in front of me, but no answer came to mind. Could it be that the original work was carried out without my knowledge? But I didn't do anything with the original, right?

There was still no contact between me and the male protagonist, Calix in the original work. The first time the male lead and Rosenia meet is at the female lead's birthday party.

The female lead's birthday was in August, and now it's July.

It is too early in terms of timing. So, I thought I wouldn't have to encounter the main characters at least until that moment came.

Why is Calix here?

I was embarrassed to suddenly meet the male lead. It's not like Calix was doing business with Pierre's merchants. Then why on earth did you come here? The thought that the other person might be the person who killed Rosenia in the original gave me a chill down my spine.

Calix's eyebrows were slightly raised as I stood still because I was nervous. Seeing that. I came to my senses belatedly and opened my mouth hastily.

"Sorry. Have you been waiting long?"

"Are you an agent of Pierre's Vice-Legal Commander?"

"Yes, that's right."

Didn't you subtly avoid answering the question 

"Have you waited a long time?"

Damn it, Margaret. If the guests were this important, you should have come to see me a long time ago!

He certainly didn't seem to be in a very happy mood. Do I want to make this male lead my partner?

Sorry. I thought wrong.

"The introduction is late. I am... Called me Lance. I don't have a last name because I'm a commoner."

"Lady Rosenia? What do you mean by that?"

Margaret, who was standing nearby, intervened without notice. Why on earth are you like this! Are you planning to get me into trouble?

"Haha, I introduce myself like that to the outside world by order of my father, but I have to be honest with the Duke. This is Rosenia Pierre. I'm helping my brother and learning the trade for a while."

I smiled out loud on purpose as if to hide my embarrassment, but my heart was burning inside. Maybe I could have hidden my identity. Calix didn't seem to recognize me at all.

Margaret, are you just being clueless or pretending not to notice?

I glared at Margaret without Calix knowing and spoke rapidly.

"Margaret, please bring tea for the Duke."

"It's okay. I won't stay long."

That's not how you should treat guests.

"Haha, would you like to sit down first?" 

Why do you keep saying such shocking things?

Feeling like my blood was drying up before I even started, I guided Calix to the sofa in the middle of the office. He sat down with graceful and noble movements. Black hair neatly pulled back, a straight nose that matches the slightly sharp eyes, and even a sharp jawline. He looks like he is claiming, 'I am the male protagonist of this novel.'

Why on earth am I sitting facing the me lead right now?

I lifted the corners of my mouth and smiled, hoping that this situation, which I never wanted to face, would end soon.

"May I ask what brought you here?"

Without answering, he simply took out a white envelope from his coat pocket and held it out towards me. I hurriedly opened the envelope that Calix had given me. What came out of the envelope was a blank check with a fairly large amount written on it and a piece of paper with something written on it.

1 set of chairs 43 gold, bedding 17 gold 50 silver, wallpaper 58 gold.

On the paper, miscellaneous things that were difficult to find in common were endlessly listed along with the amount of money. First of all, the check is made payable to Pierre's office.

"What is this?"

I couldn't understand what was going on so I asked him, and Calix spoke in a pitchless voice.

"This is a damage claim."

"The amount of damage?"

"It can be said that this is the cost of restoring items damaged during the three days that Nathaniel Pierrestayed at the Erendis Hotel."

"Yes?"

I opened my eyes and looked at the paper again. When I looked again, it only listed items that could be used at the hotel. And the amount written on the check was a whopping 1,730 gold. In my previous life, a watch would be worth the price of a high-end luxury brand. Or what about the rent for a newly built office? 

"This is Nathaniel, No, my brother said that?"

Calix nodded slightly at my shoulder.

Ah, the back of my neck! The back of my neck!!!

If I had low blood pressure, I would have gotten better quickly. Because the blood is pouring out now!

So, you're saying that the bastard called my brother came out of the male lead's hotel and caused a whopping 1.730 gold worth of damage?

What on earth are you doing out there?

If you behave like this, there will be no use in me living quietly!

'I can't be hated by the male lead either.'

I jumped up from my seat and bent my upper body 90 degrees towards Calix.

"I'm sorry. My ugly brother caused me a lot of trouble."

"Lady...?"

"I'm so ashamed that I don't have anything to say. How on earth should I apologize... Even if it's under my own name, no. Even in the name of Marquis Pierre, we will make sure to compensate you for the damage. I'm really sorry."

I closed my eyes tightly and apologized sincerely. It wasn't difficult to bow my head. Maybe it's because I've already done it once in my past life because of my blood relatives. It's just that the person I pray to has changed from a loan shark to a male lead.

Where on earth did Nathaniel disappear at such a serious moment?

That's not it. Was I lucky to have met Calix?

Nathaniel would not bow down to Calix and try to relieve his anger.

"Miss Pierre, please raise your head."

"Duke, but "

"Strictly speaking, it wasn't Lady's fault. I did not come here to interrogate innocent people." 

I slowly raised my head when I heard a voice that seemed to be a little bit kinder. His expressionless face relaxed a little. It seems like you pity me a little?

Even though the calming atmosphere was reassuring, anxiety still took hold in a corner of my mind, tormenting me. How do I solve this?

Of course, compensation for damages will be provided. I'm willing to pay double or triple the price if I want. However, Nathaniel seemed to have already fallen out of favor with Calix.

That dislike shouldn't extend to Pierre and me.

As I fidgeted and fidgeted with my fingers, I sighed heavily.



Previous                 Next


Support Novellate!



Comments