TVTLQ - Chapter 5

TVTLQ - Chapter 5

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly





"Did you? You must have had a hard time."

Then he patted Nathaniel on the back with lots of affection. That attitude also played a part in Nathaniel being able to sit in his position until the end.

He was extremely nice and condescending to my father, the water owner. That's why my father trusted Nathaniel until the end, even though there were rumors that he was a bad boy.

"Rather than that, Rose, you want to work at the top?"

Nathaniel came up to me and playfully shook my head with his hand. He looked like an older brother loving his younger sibling. In reality, he doesn't really have any affection for his younger sister.

Ugh. In all of my past and present lives, there will never be a more miserable moment than this.

"Our Rose has grown a lot. I'm thinking about helping this guy."

"But my father said no."

Regardless of my personal feelings, I answered charmingly and with a bit of grumpiness. It occurred to me that perhaps I could use Nathaniel at this moment.

"I can do as well as you. I am my father's daughter and my brother's younger sister. My last name is Pierre."

I looked at Nathaniel and my father alternately, fluttering my eyelashes, and my father sighed.

"Nathaniel. You tell me something. No matter how young or immature you are, you won."

"Why, father. I think I'm okay? I'm leaving the work to Rosenia."

The father suddenly turned his head, perhaps shocked by the betrayal of his son, who he thought would naturally be on his side.

"What?"

"I know Father cares about Rose, but shouldn't she get some social experience too?"

"What kind of noblewoman is doing outside work? I'm raising her with care without even getting a drop of water on her hands!"

"My father too. That's an old-fashioned idea. These days, women work hard too. Last night, no, yesterday I met some really passionate people." 

Didn't this guy just say it was last night? There were more than one or two parts that got stuck, but for now, I stayed quiet.

Do more, do more.

"Now you're telling me you're going to make your sister work?" 

"Of course, Rose can't work alone. She'll probably make a mistake. But wouldn't it be okay if I took you around and showed you around a bit?" 

"That's right, Father!"

I immediately raised my voice and intervened. First, let's get permission to go to the top. Unless I want to start my own business secretly, my father's permission is essential. Of course, you could sell your property and use it as a foundation to start a business secretly.

I am confident that I will succeed like that. But I didn't want to create something new. I want to get my hands on Pierre, something I originally had and can rightfully claim as mine.

"Besides, if we leave it like this, Pierre has no choice but to fail."

And what about the countless people who work under Pierre? They will become unemployed in an instant. This was not a misfortune limited to the residents of the mansion. This is the future that Pierre's employees and everyone who does business with the company will experience.

Of course, some will quickly find new jobs. There will definitely be people who are unable to do that and fall into hardship. 

Nathaniel, it's only because of that one idiot.

"Father, please."

Just leave it to me. You'll thank me later, right? Because I will save this family that was on the verge of ruin.

"Father, a field trip isn't that bad. Don't worry too much. I will take care of it."

"Are you really able to take good care of your younger sister?"

"Sure."

My father sighed, covering his face with one hand. I waited anxiously for my father's decision. And after a while, I finally got the answer I wanted.

"Alright. I will allow you to follow your brother to the top for just one month."

"Thank you, Father!"

"I will allow you to enter the upper level, but please do not cause any unnecessary accidents. Nathaniel, take good care of your younger sister."

"Of course. Do not worry."

"Now that it's like this, let's all eat dinner together. You two should go out for a while."

At my father's words, I went out of the room with Nathaniel. Although it was difficult, we were eventually allowed to go to the top. As I smiled slightly, satisfied with the results I had achieved, I heard a sly voice next to me.

"You owe me one."

Instead of answering Nathaniel's words. I smiled prettily. Yes, I owe you. And I plan to repay that debt diligently in the future. By taking away everything that was given to you one by one.

'You hate working anyway.'

I will do my best so that you can give up your position as successor to the top and go down to the countryside to rest for the rest of your life.

***

The first and second days spent at the top of Pierre were truly hectic. I set up my place in the upper central branch building, greeted people, and learned the basics of the job.

"Okay, okay? Now you take care of it."

Nathaniel, who seemed to care about me quite a bit at first, perhaps out of awareness of his father, disappeared on the third day. He left me alone in my temporarily empty room. Okay. It was like a miracle that he stayed calm for two days. Thanks to this, I was able to see for myself that he was a person who exceeded my expectations. Nathaniel was literally an asshole.

Is it because Nathaniel, the leader of the injured group, is like that? The staff at the top also did not welcome me very much.

"If you need anything, call us. Don't cause trouble by touching the Lady yourself.$

That chilly expression as the cold wind blows. In their eyes, I seem to be an immature aristocratic girl who goes out of her way to 'play house', as my father said.

So, the title is still 'Lady'. 

"It's not easy."

Still, there were some achievements. Those are the contract documents and ledgers from the last five years that are on my desk right now. I guess I've been too quiet up until now. So everyone ignores me. Shall we do an exciting sword dance to make the tears go away?

"Where will blind money come from? It was all stolen."

This is through typical accounting fraud that inflates costs and reduces revenues. Most of the money stolen went into Nathaniel's pocket. However, the amount distributed to those who cooperated in the process was also considerable.

"It is true that I took pity on the unemployed people who would be created because of Nathaniel and tried to save them, but, "

But that doesn't mean I tried to take care of these parasites. 

'I have to block Nathaniel's pockets by defeating his collaborators.'

If I set fire to his tail, Nathaniel will eventually have no choice but to cut off his tail. Being outside of his father's eyes is probably something he doesn't want. And I'm going to stay calm for a while. Then, I planned to use that opportunity to completely replace the existing employees using embezzlement as an excuse. I also give a warning to those who are ignoring me now. Smart.

"Yes. Come on in."

At the sound of a knock on the door, which I don't usually hear, I took my eyes off the documents I was looking at and raised my head.

Margaret, a female employee whom Nathaniel had assigned to wait on me, came in and bowed. Margaret's clothes were slightly disheveled. Soon I noticed a disturbing, mark on the nape of her neck.

"..."

When Nathaniel introduced Margaret to me, the two seemed quite friendly. And there are traces like that. If possible, I think I'd like to get rid of Margaret first.

"Lady Rosenia, a guest has arrived looking for Lord Vice-Admiral."

"Okay?"

I answered without revealing my true feelings. But it's strange.

Why are you reporting customers looking for Nathaniel to me?


Previous             Next


Support Novellate!



Comments