TVTLQ - Chapter 4

TVTLQ - Chapter 4

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly






"Hey, Rosenia."

My father neatly gathered the documents and put them in the desk drawer. Then he spoke to me like a teacher slowly explaining things to a child who lacks understanding.

"The only place where pepper is produced is the Croix Kingdom. Disease spread there, the workforce decreased, and pepper production decreased. So importing is impossible. Do you understand?" 

"Why is Croix the only pepper-producing area? There is also Medidas."

"Medidas is hostile to the Empire. They can't trade."

"No. Not anymore. The Princess of our Empire is planning to marry the heir of the Kingdom of Borsha this coming spring. And Borsha's successor is Queen Medidas' beloved nephew."

At that moment, my father stopped putting on his outdoor gloves and looked back at me. I continued speaking with a smile on my face.

"Queen Medidas' younger sister married Borsha but died young after giving birth to a son. That's why the Queen especially cares for the Prince, who is her sister's blood relative. It's the wedding of her beloved nephew, so she's sure to prepare a great gift, right?"

"Yes."

"Our Princess, whom the Prince loves, will also need many things to go to Borsha. It would be better if someone with a huge top handled it. And I believe there is only one person who can take on such an important task."

"Okay... I guess we can make a deal with Princess Penelope. Through the Princess's wedding, we may be able to start trading pepper with Medidas...!"

Are you even imagining collecting gold coins?

My father lifted the corners of his mouth and laughed out loud. 

"Ha ha ha! There was a way! Why didn't I think of this!" 

I really like it very much. Maybe there's no need to go out to eat together? I instinctively felt that now was my chance, so I clung to my father.

"Did I help you, Dad?"

"Ha ha ha! Every time it helps! After all, you are my daughter." 

"Okay then. How about I join my father's company and work at this point?"

"You?"

"Yes. In this matter. Her Majesty's will is the most important. I need to see her often, but I think it would be difficult for my brother, who is a man, to play that role."

"I guess she's a bride about to get married."

There was no way Nathaniel could be kicked out right now. 

Because Pierre's owner, my father, is protecting Nathaniel. So I decided to do what I could first. It is to steal Nathaniel's money bag. The reason Nathaniel was able to do whatever he wanted was because he had deep pockets. The allowance my father gives him is pocket money, but as the second owner of the family business, Pierre Merchants, the amount of money he can spend is infinite. 

'First of all, take the position in the business. Let's cut off Nathaniel's money line first."

Originally, I was going to approach a little more slowly, but if there was a shortcut, there would be no need to hesitate. 

"I will try not only pepper but also other things. It has already been decades since trade with Medidas was blocked, so there are sure to be more items that can stimulate the demand of the people of the empire."

"So you're saying you'll try to act as that bridgehead?"

"Yes. I, Rosenia Pierne, am a smart daughter just like my father."

I appealed to my capabilities and at the same time subtly praised the other person. Since ancient times, there is no one who doesn't like to praise themselves. 

"Haha, right."

The atmosphere was good. My father was still smiling and I thought I had fully demonstrated my capabilities. But what followed was a different reaction than I expected.

"That's enough. What is the top? What are you going to do?" 

"Yes?"

"And if an unmarried woman works outside, people criticize you."

What kind of bullshit is this? As I was looking at my father blankly, he clicked his tongue.

"Do you think running a business is like a girl's play? It's much more difficult than that."

My father even disciplined me like he would a misbehaving child. And Marquis, you're such a fool. You trust your son and his wife until the end because he will grow big someday, but you don't let even the 'buyer' of the business touch your daughter? 

I didn't know father was such a stuck-up person. To be honest, I was shocked.

A girl's play house.

My father seemed to have completely forgotten that it was I who had told him the plan to import pepper a little while ago. 

"Father, you just said that the method I came up with was okay." 

"I was just saying that, Rosenia. This father came up with the plan."

Even scams?

Look at this guy. The smile on my lips deepened.

"Is that so. Still, wouldn't I be the most suitable person to have an audience with Her Majesty the Princess?"

"Well, I guess not. Rather, why are you suddenly showing such interest in things at the top?"

"That's it."

If the upper part continues to be in Nathaniel's hands like it is now, the whole family will be ruined. I want to end suffering from the foolish actions of my blood relatives in my past life.

"Father, I can be of help at the top. You know my insight. Whether it's a dress or jewelry, if it's not of the highest quality, you don't even wear it. With me. Pierre can be a trendsetter."

"Rose."

"Furthermore, I am confident that I will perfectly prepare for Her Royal Highness's wedding. Rather, as a woman like me, can sympathize with Your Majesty's feelings. I can also provide you with the necessary items. Therefore..."

"Rosenia, dear."

My father held my shoulder and sighed deeply. Looking at his face, I had a hunch. None of my words worked. Sure enough, my father said something about making my clothes explode.

"Don't pay attention to useless things. Women aren't interested in that."

"Father, I can do well too. I can promote it through society ladies."

"Stop! Why are you stubborn? Okay, anyway, your story helped me a bit. So, this father will give you a gift. If there is something you want, choose it. Jewelry is fine too."

"Father!"

In the end, I ended up raising my voice. No, why are people in business so frustrated?

"You know that's not what I want!"

"You still haven't given up? I said no! How dare a woman work at the top..."

"Why? I think I'll do well if you ask me to."

My father and I quickly turned our heads at the voice that suddenly interrupted the rising voices.

A man was leaning in the doorway, watching us. Nathaniel Pierre, the bastard of this family and my older brother.

***

Since being possessed here, I have never encountered Nathaniel. This is because he was on a business trip to another country. Is it really a business trip? Didn't he go out to have fun? 

Anyway, how did I feel about seeing Nathaniel in person for the first time?

'It looks like we are brother and sisters."

Dirty blonde hair slightly darker than Rosenia's and the same red eyes visible underneath. Even people who are not familiar with it will be able to recognize it right away. That man was my brother, Nathaniel Pierre.

"Son!"

With Nathaniel's sudden appearance, the argument between me and my father went into a lull for a while. My father quickly approached him and hugged Nathaniel tightly. 

"Haha! My son has arrived. When did you come back?"

"I arrived in the capital the day before yesterday."

"What? Why don't you come back home right away?"

"I stopped by at the top and took care of urgent matters first, so I was a little late."

What is urgent?

I'm sure he was stuck somewhere and drank alcohol and then came back. Contrary to my cynical feelings, a bright smile appeared on my father's face.



Previous                    Next


Support Novellate!




Comments