TVTLQ - Chapter 2

TVTLQ - Chapter 2

The Villainess Wants To Live Quitely



In my past life. I lived a life mired in debt. After my parents died in an accident, the only family left was his younger brother, and he was my only blood relative.

Since I was a child, I had been avoiding studying, so I was quite upset. Still, I thought it would be fortunate if I grew up without being crooked and just pretended to be a normal person.

Contrary to my wishes, my younger brother started hanging out with friends who weren't that good.

"Yes? My brother is at the police station?"

There have been several times when I had to rush to the police station because of a sudden phone call while working. Like getting into a fight with a passerby while smoking a cigarette on the street, or ordering too much food at a store and running out without paying.

It was for a variety of reasons. My younger brother, who was prone to accidents, barely graduated from high school. Still, he said he was going to make money now, so I thought he must have come to his senses too late.

"Hey! A brother I know told me about an item that is only good for me, and if I make a lot of money from it, he will buy you a house!"

He suddenly spoke like a person with wind in his lungs.

Thud!

I slammed my fist down on the desk that I had been gently sweeping just a moment ago.

"I should have made him come to his senses at least by breaking his Ieg."

My younger brother stole my ID card and seal while I was away at work and ran away. And based on that, he took out private loans. Of course, he ran away without paying back. He left me with a huge amount of principal and a huge interest rate.

"Damn you, son of a bitch."

The terror and fear I felt back then when the men with tattoos on their forearms were waiting for me in front of my house. I thought things like that only happened in dramas. I never thought the day would come in my life when I would meet a man with a daily bag.

The damn guy went into hiding after that and lost all my contacts.

I worked like crazy to pay off the debt I owed. I was willing to work overtime to earn money. And the result is now.

I put my fists on the desk trembled, and slowly took a deep breath. There was still heat, but it was a thing of the past. Now I have no debt to repay.

There is only the enormous amount of gold I saw earlier. And as someone who died after going through all sorts of hardships. I didn't want to throw away this good fortune that I had.

'Honestly, unless I make up my mind and go looking for them, I probably won't even run into the female or male leads.'

In the original, the whole incident I started as a villainess was arguing with the female lead. So, as long as I live quietly as if I were dead, wouldn't there be no problem?

There is no need to try to twist the original or run away.

The hobby I enjoyed in my hellish life was reading novels. Judging from my many years of experience as a romantic fan reader, there was a high chance that if I just tried to maintain a good relationship with the female lead, it would only end up being scraped off.

The same goes for snooping around to leave a good impression on the male leads. Even those who leave just to escape end up attracting them and are all caught.

'And honestly, I should just run away and say I did something wrong.'

Even in my past life, I didn't do anything to run away. Then I feel like I am really giving in to the misfortune that has befallen me. Maybe that mindset is what made my life more difficult. 

Still, that was my way of life.

"Okay. I've decided."

Just don't show up, don't come forward, let's live quietly. There is no need to think about it as difficult. All you have to do is make excuses and avoid places where I might be involved with them.

Was there a kid like that??

The goal is to hear a similar level of sound.

Appropriate severance of human relationships brings peace.

"Good."

Having made up my mind. I nodded in satisfaction. It's so easy!

You can just ignore it and go your separate ways, right?

I don't care whether the female lead is seeing you or picking mulberries with the male lead. Make love between yourselves!

I will love my house and money.

"So now the problem is how to maintain my new happy golden spoon life..."

Actually, my current situation was not all that optimistic. Although I have had the good fortune of being the daughter of an extremely wealthy family, my life is limited. Not my health, but my family. There was also one person here who was like my younger brother from my previous life.

“Nathaniel Pierre.”

Rosenia's older brother and the eldest son of Marquis Pierre, who will continue the family line in the future.

"That was a complete mess, that bastard."

It was a famous gang in the capital, who were often drunk and rioted and assaulted innocent subordinates.

That's all. He is even more extravagant than Rosenia, so much so that it is said that the money he spends in a year is equivalent to one month's budget for the imperial family. It's a bonus that he likes women and is addicted to gambling. Even in the original, near the end, he falls for the male lead's trick and leaves the family in huge debt ruining the family. 

Debt, debt, debt.

Just saying that short word in my mouth gives me goosebumps all over my body.

I thought I was finally happy, but are you asking me to give up my happiness again because of my trash-like relatives? 

That will never work.

"I guess I've found what I need to do first."

I have to drive away the insectivores from my house who only eat food so that they can live in a place with good air and water.

***

A time when the sun is high in the sky and someone is having a lively day.

"Is it Pierre again?"

"Yes. Duke." 

In front of the hotel room that was in disarray, Calix Altemir smiled coolly.

Erendis Hotel boasts 180 years of history. This hotel, which was built by the first Duke of Altemir to commemorate his beloved wife's birthday by taking the last name she used before marriage, was a historic building representing the capital. Leading engineers and artists at the time participated in the construction of the hotel, and it was one of the largest construction projects in the history of the empire, taking seven years to complete.

'Come on, Calix. Now you take charge of running this hotel. It will serve as excellent management practice before taking over the family business in earnest.'

When Calix Altemir inherited the hotel as a gift for his sixteenth birthday, he vowed to preserve his family's fine art. However, it was not because he was moved by the story of extreme love shown by his ancestors. What he wanted to protect was its reputation as the best hotel in the empire. Because he thought that Altemir, the founder and pillar of the Empire, should not have even the slightest flaw.

Now that he has succeeded his father as a Duke and also runs other businesses, the hotel was only a small part of him. However, that small factor has been constantly getting on Calix's nerves lately.

"It seems that Marquis Pierre raises animals rather than humans."

Calix, who was full of exasperation, finally let out a laugh.

Nathaniel Pierre stayed at the hotel for three days. But was it possible that a war broke out during those three days?

The furniture in the room was toppling over arbitrarily, and all the bedding was torn, leaving white feathers fluttering around. The rug on the floor was stained red as if alcohol had been spilled on it, and the pictures hanging on the wall were not spared.

The air around Calix calmly recited, and the air around him became cold.

His expression was no different from usual, but the employee who had been assisting him for a long time noticed that Calix was currently in a very unhappy mood.

"Here, Duke." 

The employee, who had hesitated while observing Calix's gaze, very carefully handed something to him.

A long piece of paper with an empty amount column.

"This is how you claim repair costs"

"Understood."

Calix's beautiful face cracked as he checked the blank check.


Previous                     Next


Support Novellate!



Comments