TVTLQ - Chapter 1

TVTLQ - Chapter 1

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly

Prologue

One day, there are only two weeks left until the festival that will make the capital lively.

I huffed and took a step forward. In my hand was a crumpled piece of parchment.

It was a kind of business agreement in which Pierre's merchant company would provide the materials needed for this festival. The scale of the festival held every year is enormous. People come from the provinces and the lights do not go out in the capital for a week.

In particular, this festival was expected to be more grand because it coincided with the news of the Princess's pregnancy, who got married early this year.

I tried so hard not to miss that part!

"I'm sorry, Lord Sangdan. However, Alter Trading Company proposed even more unconventional conditions.... Since this is a unilateral termination of the contract, we will provide a penalty fee."

"Ha, penalty? Do you think I came here just to collect a penalty?"

"Don't be too angry. Isn't this an Alter Company? We are also in a position to keep an eye on... Anyway. I'm sorry."

Alter! Alter!

How many times has Alter Company interrupted me so far?

The Alter Company, the greatest enemy and rival of the Pierre Company that I lead, was a member of the Duke of Altemir.

It is said to be the property of Calix Altemir, who can be considered the main male protagonist of this novel.

And Alter Company interfered with me at every turn. They're sabotaging all my business!

Up until now, I've tried to avoid being tied to the original work, but I can't stand it anymore.

They say I avoid poop because it's dirty, but now I have to clean up that poop even if it gets on my hands. 

"I must meet Duke Altemir!"

As I stormed into the Duke's house, I shouted at the top of my voice.

This means I won't tolerate it anymore!

I didn't even want to go into the reception room, so I was standing in front of the entrance and letting out a hot snort, but for some reason, the reaction of the people here was strange.

"Wow, you really came. Hurry and report it to the Duke! Hurry!"

"Isn't Lady Pierre standing there! Hurry and bring her a chair!" 

"What on earth is this fuss about?"

"Miss, please sit in this chair."

 "It's okay."

I glared coldly at the workers who brought me chairs, tables, and unreasonable refreshments.

Are you all planning to have a party in front of the front door now? The maids were even bringing a huge three-tiered cake that I didn't know where it came from.

"Don't do anything like this, just call the Duke."

“Miss Rosenia.”

“Duke Altemir!”

Calix Altemir, who had been waiting for no one, appeared. His hair, which was usually nearly tucked behind his forehead, was down, and he was dressed simply in a white shirt and black pants.

He was not like Duke Altemir, who always acted in a flashy and perfect manner.

Why does your face look so haggard? Like someone who hasn't slept in a few days.

Well, what am I supposed to know about what that guy is like?

That's not what I have to do today.

"Duke Altemir! Why on earth are you doing this!"

Without even a simple greeting, I immediately explained why I was there. It was proof that he was that angry and had endured a lot.

He slowly turned his head and our gazes intertwined. How are you laughing?

The Duke walked slowly down the stairs. He looked like someone who had just gotten out of bed, but his demeanor was noble and elegant.

It felt like a butterfly was flying. I guess this is what being born cute means.

He stood in front of me and gently held my hand. Handle it with care, as if handling a fragile and precious object.

His hand secretly brushed between my knuckles. When I froze, embarrassed by the other person's unexpected behavior, he laughed softly. 

"I was waiting for you to come." 

"What? I beg your pardon?" 

"Now you're finally looking at me."

So, you sabotaged my business and I'm going to get upset if I don't look at it?

Shit, are you crazy?

***

"It is said that if a person does many good deeds, good luck will come to him."

It seems that I received a lump sum payment for the blessings that had been delayed until now. In front of a room filled with expensive dresses and rare treasures, I covered the corners of my mouth with my fingertips that kept rising. 

Twinkle, twinkle. 

Wow, how much is all that?

"Miss, tell me what you need and I will come find it."

"Huh? No, I was just looking around." 

This is enough to tour the mansion. I get it without looking any further.

The Rosenia Pierre I possessed is truly extremely rich!

Rosenia Pierre was a typical villainess from the novel "The Secret Temptation of a Fake Princess."

She is just an extra who commits evil deeds because she is jealous of the female protagonist who is loved by all the male protagonists. And I became Rosenia Pierre a few days ago.

While I was working overtime for a week, I only slept for a short while, and when I woke up, I found out that I had become Rosenia.

I could only guess that I probably died from overwork.

Damn, if I had known this would happen, I should have at least hurled a curse word at the manager who was harassing me.

"Let's go back to our room. Please prepare a cup of tea."

"Yes, miss."

After finishing the informative tour of the mansion, I returned to my room and sat in front of my own mahogany desk.

The maid brought a cup of tea, put it on the desk, and left the room. As I was thinking about the treasures I had seen earlier in the room left alone, I suddenly started laughing again.

“Hehehe, hehehe.”

So this is all mine?

This desk, this room, all that jewelry!

What kind of rice cake is this?

Rosenia Pierre.

As the second child of Marquis Pierre, she was born with everything. Those are the beautiful appearance, brilliant brain, and wealth that everyone can admire.

However, even the perfect woman who says God is fair has some shortcomings.

Slap!

Lady Pierre, are you just hitting me in the face?"

"Didn't you dare cover what's mine? The mean things cannot give up their habits on the streets... You don't think you, who are just a fake, can be a real Princess, do you?"

Is it true that Rosenia's personality is a little bit twisted, and that she is a bit of a bitch?

Because of this, Rosenia is the sweet potato inducer in the novel.

Of course, every time that happened, the female and male leads immediately countered and provided us with a cold cider.

"It was really fun to read..."

 Unfortunately, it has become my job now.

The good news is that Rosenia's evil deeds have not yet begun in earnest, right? There is still a possibility to change the future.

I sat down on the back of the chair and was lost in thought. In 'The Secret Temptation of a Fake Princess', there are a total of four candidates for the male lead, including the female lead. And for me, they were subjects that I must avoid.

Although it is not specifically mentioned in the novel, it can be inferred from the description that Rosenia ultimately faces death at the hands of others.

Who would have killed Rosenia? Of course, one of the male leads would have killed her.

"My future has a terrible ending."

I absolutely hate it.

I wrinkled my nose and remembered the treasure trove I visited a little while ago. 

If I thought about my future safety, an option would have been to take the jewelry I saw earlier and leave this house altogether. I don't know, but it seemed like it would make a lot of money if I sold all of those jewels. But the problem is...

***

'It's too bad to leave like this.'

That's the amount of treasure in the mansion that I can access. 

So how much is Marquis Pierre's total wealth?? It was clear that it would be so great that I couldn't even imagine. With this family's money, I might be able to live comfortably for the rest of my life.



            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments

Post a Comment