TVTLQ - Chapter 11

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly

TVTLQ - Chapter 11



'If I become the heir, there is no way to marry the Crown Prince. Do you want me to help you succeed to the title of marquess?" 

The Princess turned to me and said this.

Whew... 

The damn Prince stalker setting. Whenever I try to do something, it pops out like this. I brought up the reason I had thought of in advance. 

"My thoughts changed while I was recovering."

"..."

I said I changed my mind, but who could stop me?

"And more than anything, my brother is not qualified to lead the family and the top. They say even if a rich person goes bankrupt, it will last for three generations, but if things continue like this, the fall will be instantaneous."

If things go as planned, Pierre will actually fall within a few years.

"As a member of Pierre, I can't just watch the family fall."

"So you want me to use my strength now?" 

"You're right. It seems like it would be difficult for me to take over Pierre's top position through ordinary means."

"Haha, hahahaha!" 

The princess who was listening to me suddenly burst out laughing. It was a light and impatient laugh. After laughing for a while, she exhaled and swept her eyes with her fingers. 

"You want to lead the top, but you don't have any perspective."

"Why did you think that?"

"Does the Lady think that I can influence the issue of the Marquis succession? Since he knows my secret, he must be able to guess what His Majesty the Emperor's thoughts are when he wants to marry me off. Am I like that, to Marquis Pierre?"

"You don't have to worry. All you have to do is get angry at the wrong situation and make reasonable demands."

"Anger and reasonable demand?"

"There will be no burden on Your Highness. Because all the mistakes will be made by my brother, Nathaniel Pierre."

The Princess looked at me blankly. I approached her with cautious movements. I lowered my voice, afraid that someone might hear me, and whispered my plan to Penelope.

Penelope's face, which had an unpleasant expression at first, gradually became more mysterious. And when I finished explaining everything, she had already returned to her usual calm self.

"It's definitely possible if it goes as you say. But Pierre will have a lot to lose."

"Even if I lose, it's all my father's money, not mine. And if things continue like this, I don't think I'll ever be able to make any money."

"You are so wicked but also smart."

"Thank you, Your Highness."

Penelope clicked her tongue as she rolled her eyes and smiled widely.

I guess I didn't leave the impression that I was a kind Lady. It's okay though. How can a villain be good in the first place?

"Are you outside?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Get a new tea. There will also be refreshments to accompany it."

And it seems that such an appearance was appropriate for holding hands with the Princess.

"Sit down. Let's sit down and talk properly again."

I smiled brightly at the smooth start.

***

"Then I'll see you next time."

After a long audience, I was finally able to leave the Princess's room.

"It's been several hours."

It was early afternoon when I entered the palace, and before I knew it, the sky was turning red and the sunset was setting.

I had no idea how much time had passed.

'I'm going to be busy for a while now.' 

I need to find the tears of the World Tree to deliver to the princess, and we also need to set up a plan for Nathaniel in advance. 

' I don't have much time, so I need to move quickly."

Still, has the biggest hurdle been overcome?

The burden that had been weighing on my heart disappeared and I felt at ease.

"I also received an unexpected gift."

I smiled secretly and checked the golden card in my hand. This is a pass that allows access to the Princess's private villa.

Next time, I promised to watch it outside the imperial palace to avoid people's attention.

'Unfortunately, the possibility of meeting the male leads has disappeared.'

I walked down the hallway humming excitedly. But I should have been a little more humble back then.

"Why is the young lady coming out of there?"

If only I had known that as soon as I turned down the hallway, I would run into the two male protagonists that I wanted to avoid so much. Maybe I'm the unluckiest person in the world?

Why do I meet the Duke and the Crown Prince here?

It's like a One Plus One sale product!

I know you two are inseparable friends, but I tell you to walk a little separately!

The feeling of having succeeded in capturing the Princess and soaring up to the sky suddenly plummeted to the ground.

I wanted to run away, but I couldn't because the opponents were the Crown Prince and the Duke. In the end, I decided to cry and eat mustard.

"Greetings to the Little Sun of the Empire."

"Tsk."

Rexed did not accept my greeting. He just clicked his tongue once in disapproval.

I couldn't see their faces because they were bending over, but their expressions seemed similar.

Calix didn't seem to have many regrets towards me, at least not yet. Prince Rexed is different.

Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that Rosenia was the Prince's stalker in the past.

Ugh. If I had come out 5 minutes sooner, I might have been able to leave the palace without encountering these two people.

Feeling regretful. I bowed down and waited. I think it would be better if you just ignored me and passed by.

"Why did you come here?"

Instead, the Crown Prince repeated the question he had asked earlier. Only then did I straighten my back and answer the question.

"I applied for an audience and was granted permission to enter the palace."

"Audience? With whom?"

"This is Princess Penelope."

Although I was only stating the truth, the crown Prince's face contorted in displeasure. It seemed like he thought that Rosenia was starting to mess around with him again.

The villainess has returned. Rosenia Pierre, What is this?

I would have rather said that I came for something else.

At that moment, the wind blew and his silver hair swayed gently. Princess Penelope had dull gray hair. Her younger brother, Prince Rexed, was sporting gorgeous silver hair as if he had stolen all the light and glory for himself.

Isn't it wrong to say that it took away all her health?

"It looks like the Marquis still hasn't come to his senses even after paying such a huge amount of compensation."

"I just visited to congratulate Her Highness the Princess on her happy birthday on behalf of Pierre."

Unable to pick up what I had already said. I explained further, and Rexed burst out laughing as if the entire hallway was gone.

"Hahaha, Calix. Did you hear? This woman has come now to represent Pierre."

It was a bonus to talk to his friend in a mocking tone as if he had just heard something funny.

Calix quietly turned his gaze to look at me. 

Aside from the nervousness and cold sweat, I wasn't in a good mood. Looks that look down on me and a tone of contempt. No matter how many mistakes Rosenia committed in the past, the matter has already been resolved through material compensation.

But does it have to be such blatant ridicule?

Above all, what happened in the past was only a setting of Rosenia in the original work and was not something I did myself.

I had no intention of impressing the male leads. However, if the other person continued to behave like this, my plan to ignore them would also go wrong.

Because no matter what I do, they may look at me unfavorably and disapprove of me.

"Then it would be better..."

I thought of the Duke who had become somewhat mean to me after I had made an elaborate apology. I sighed internally and bowed down.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness." 

The continued laughter suddenly stopped. Silence can be this creepy. As I slowly got up, I was able to face Rexed, who was looking at me as if he was looking at something strange.

I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"I overlooked the fact that Your Highness might be upset by my visit."

"What?

"I will be careful not to personally appear in front of Your Highness again."

Anyway, from today onwards, I'll be at the villa when I meet the Princess, so we won't have to run into each other again.

Since Rosenia is also a noblewoman, she has no choice but to participate in public events such as imperial banquets. I think Rexes will look at that as well.

"What happened today was unexpected on my part. If I have to visit for higher-level business in the future, I will make sure to bring my father with me."


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments