TVTLQ - Chapter 24

 TVTLQ - Chapter 24

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



What do you do after thinking like this?

Just as a nervous Dominic was hoping for the carriage to arrive at the mansion as soon as possible, Calix spoke.

"That's strange."

"What do you mean?"

Dominic asked nervously. Calix played with his chin with his fingers.

"I'm sure Miss Pierre is at the top." 

"May I ask why you thought that?"

"Because today is the day Dominic Willock was supposed to visit again."

No, this Duke sold his name again. Although the last names are completely different.

At the same time, Dominic realized another thing.

"So you deliberately asked me to go on Wednesday. Because you knew Lady Pierre would be there."

"That's right. The Young Lady was very positive about my suggestion. We haven't confirmed what time we will meet again, so there's a good chance she'll be waiting at the top all day. But they said she were going out for an external schedule and wouldn't be coming back..."

Calix clasped his hands and placed them on his knees, gently raising the corners of his mouth.

"She's lying."

At that moment, goosebumps appeared on Dominic's arms.

It was because his smile felt ominous. What are you planning to do again? 

"Turn the carriage around."

"Duke?"

 "If you refuse to visit Altemir, you should visit Dominic." 

There must be a good reason for avoiding oneself by even lying. A strange look appeared in Calix's eyes as he returned to the top of Pierre.

***

"Did he go?" 

"Yes, he went."

"Phew."

When I heard that the carriage carrying Duke Calix had returned, I sank into my chair and breathed a sigh of relief. The Duke, who had been sending letters continuously for the past few days and requesting a meeting, came to the top in person today. I guess I'm in denial.

Otherwise, how could this bad luck continue?

The Duke also keeps coming.

Should I really do a good thing? I looked at my left hand, which was tightly wrapped in bandages. The wound was caused when a chandelier fell last week, and small pieces of broken crystal became lodged in the palm of my hand.

What if I leave this like this!!

It wasn't so painful that I died, but I just endured it until Dominic returned...

***

I had to hear a scolding from the doctor who came late, telling me that the fragments had become deeply embedded and were becoming more difficult to treat.

"But do you really intend to continue to refuse the Duke's visits? Meeting you once..."

"Isn't there something good about meeting him? It's strange. To offer Pierre a contract with such good terms without any compensation."

To be honest, Duke Calix's offer of a joint investment was very tempting.

It was a contract so tailored to Pierre that it made us wonder why they were giving it to us like this.

But that makes me even more suspicious. I think there's something up there. And more than anything. I don't want to meet male leads.

"If he comes again in the future, Just say I'm not there. Or say I'm hurt."

"But..."

"I'm not lying, okay."

I said, holding up my hand to Annie. Annie sighed softly and nodded that she understood.

More than that, the chandelier.

"Have you checked?"

"Yes. The repairman confirmed that the hook connecting the chandelier to the ceiling had become loose. Because of that, the ring that could not bear the weight broke off."

"Hmm."

"They say that, as much as possible, they are constructed sturdily so that they never fall off, but sometimes defective products can accidentally get mixed in."

It's a coincidence...

"I don't believe in coincidences."

There is no coincidence in this world. If you look at it, I think it's all causally related. Especially when it comes to my life.

I was lost in thought, tapping my fingers on the desk. In fact, since there was an original story, I was first suspicious of the male leads.

But for some reason, it doesn't seem like they are.

'Because I haven't met a female protagonist yet.'

The male lead's thoughts revolve around the mistress, Estelle. So, I don't think he would have harbored a grudge against me to the point of wanting to kill me, as I had no contact with Estelle at all.

'In the end, there is only one answer.'

This was probably done by one person. Someone who was kicked out of Pierre's upper class this time. Surprisingly, Nathaniel wasn't that suspicious.

I didn't even think that idiot could pull off something like this.

If I stay quiet, my father will call me back, so why would I do something like this?

"As expected, the most likely person is Joseph."

He knew that I had deliberately set a trap and led the situation. But now that he's in prison, he can't come forward in person.

'Maybe there are still people in the upper tier who are connected to Joseph.'

Should I try digging a trap one more time?

As I was thinking about a plan to weed out the weeds, I suddenly realized that it was already past five o'clock.

I slumped my shoulders.

This is because today was originally the day Dominic was scheduled to visit again to sign the contract. But Dominic hadn't come yet, and it was soon time for the employees at the top to leave work.

"I guess you don't want to come too."

In fact, I thought it was more likely that Dominic would not come. Surprisingly, a lot of people in business believe in superstitions.

An accident happened before it even started, so he might think it's ominous. But I hope you change your mind and come back. Because I am confident that I will do really well.

And surprisingly, my wish came true.

When I had about thirty minutes left before work, he made a sudden visit.

"Mr. Dominic!" 

I ran to him in a hurry,  happy to see him.

"You're here."

"Yes."

He answered briefly. Then he looked at me and asked.

"Were you waiting for me?"

 "Yes! Sure!"

How depressed I was that you wouldn't come!

I answered with a wide smile and he made a subtle expression. It was a face that seemed happy but at the same time disapproving.

Did I make some mistakes?

As I was about to take a closer look at Mr. Dominic's expression, he bowed his head towards me.

"I'm sorry for arriving so late. I'm a little late because I have work to do."

Ah, I guess that was to apologize for coming late. As expected, Mr. Dominic. He also has good manners. I said, smiling softly.

"You may be busy, it's okay." 

"I was worried what would happen if I was too late and My Lady was not there, but fortunately I was lucky." 

"Oh, I don't have any outside plans today."

I didn't know when you would come, so I was waiting. It seemed too pointless to say that directly, so I said it in a more rounded way.

However, when Dominic heard what I said, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

What? Perhaps I was seen as someone who had no work to do? 

Then it's difficult.

"I was looking at the report. The first delegation is scheduled to go to Borsha soon." 

"You said so. Oh, this is a gift. This is my second visit, and I don't think I'll come empty-handed this time either..."

"Wow...!"

What Dominic gave me was a beautifully wrapped bouquet of brightly colored flowers. When I got closer to the bouquet, I could smell a nice scent. Oh my goodness, what a surprise gift.

"It's really pretty. I need to put it in a vase right away, thank you."

"Do you like it?" 

"Very much." 

Who wouldn't like to receive flowers? Besides, today was the day we were supposed to sign the contract.

A bouquet of flowers as a gift on such a day..!

This was clearly a sign that Dominic was positive about today's deal. 

"But that hand." 

He belatedly checked the condition of my hand and mentioned it. I was deliberately hiding it by wearing clothes with a lot of fluttering lace on the sleeves, but it seemed that it was visible when I accepted the bouquet of flowers.

I smiled shyly and hid my bandaged hand.

"I'm embarrassed. It's no big deal."

"Were you injured in the accident that day?"


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments