"Hey! You, a mere Princess, yet you keep ordering me, a Royal Prince, around...!!"
"Yuldian..."
"...You can do that. Of course."
At Naryan's remark, Yuldian quickly changed the subject. That probably wasn't what he really wanted to say, though.
It seemed that the Emperor was also quite satisfied with the royal marriage of Yuldian that Roselyn had sold off.
Yuldian stood beside Naryan with a tearful expression, just like other noble ladies being sold off to foreign countries.
If the Emperor had said even a single word of encouragement, she could understand why Yuldian had given up like that.
Even though he looks like that, he is a Prince and loves his country.
An Emperor would have said it was for the sake of the country. Yuldian would not have been able to pretend not to know that.
So, in Roselyn's world, when war broke out with Kaluta, Yuldian chose to take up his sword and go to the battlefield instead of running away.
The First Prince was severely wounded in the war, and Yuldian, the Second Prince, was taken prisoner after losing his left arm. At that time, she heard that the Princess of Kaluta took a liking to the Second Prince.
That is why Roselyn took Yuldian with her to the negotiations with Kaluta this time.
'If this matter is resolved well, war won't break out.'
If war does not break out, there will be no one dying in vain, and the Duchy of Bellion will be safe.
'What's left is...'
The culprit of the arson case.
Disappearance case.
And the epidemic.
And all of this was connected to Makluxa.
Anyway, as if what Kaluta said about not speaking without Roselyn was true, she didn't seem to say a word about the epidemic.
‘Once this is over...'
Roselyn rubbed her eyelids slightly.
"Are you tired, Roselyn?"
She paused just as she was about to nod at the voice coming from behind.
Roselyn blinked once at the thick bristles wrapping around her shoulders and turned her body.
"...Arma?"
"Yes, since my older brother said he was going, I got permission from Father and came along."
Roselyn nodded as she gazed intently at Arma, who was smiling brightly.
He naturally held Roselyn's hand.
“We are lovers.”
Roselyn lightly nodded at the softly added voice.
"Let's leave the romantic entanglements at that. Now, would you like to know why you summoned us? Roselyn? I’m starting to miss my wife, too."
Unable to bear watching Naryan and Yuldian, and Roselyn and Arma cuddling in pairs, Garen asked with a smile.
"I didn't invite you."
"Didn't I promise to help? You are being too heartless toward me."
Roselyn shrugged at the sight of him grinning slyly and complaining.
"Why don't you try setting up a romantic front with that priest next to you?"
At Roselyn's words, Garen Wilbreed looked at the priest standing hesitantly beside him.
He was the man whom Roselyn specifically asked the Emperor to allow her to participate in this matter.
If they are involved in this matter, they will certainly set out to catch a big fish.
And as for Roselyn, she really wanted to step forward.
Fortunately, it seemed that Garen remembered as well.
Asidore, Intermediate Priest.
Although the appearance was completely different, aspects like the base of the voice or the bone structure would not have changed, so there was no way that an intelligent man wouldn't remember.
'I wonder where they picked this up from.'
Garen Wilbreed's smile deepened.
"Unfortunately, I have no interest in men."
"I am the disappointed one. I thought you might have such a hobby."
"I have a beloved wife."
Roselyn shrugged her shoulders indifferently and turned her head to look at Yuldian, who was being held in Naryan's arms.
"Your Highness, the Second Prince."
“What?”
"Please use the Abyss to track it down."
"...What? You just called me...!"
"Wow! Yuldian, so there was an Abyss too! What is it? Is it a strong Abyss? I can't believe you have abilities as well, not just looks my type!"
"No!! It's absolutely not strong! Because it's not a combat Abyss!"
Yuldian shouted in shock at Naryan's interest.
He shook his head with a pale face. It seemed he expected a fight. It was quite strange to see him being held in her arms, considering he was about a head taller than Naryan.
"Who! Who shall I find for you!"
As Yuldian hurriedly slipped out of Naryan's embrace...
No, he shouted while trying to break free.
Of course, he couldn't escape. That was because Naryan was incredibly strong.
"It’s... a total scoundrel who hangs around gambling dens."
As Roselyn continued to add explanations, Yuldian's expression turned strange.
After listening to Roselyn's detailed explanation, Yuldian slowly nodded.
***
"Hahaha! I won. Right? All this money is mine. Okay?"
A man with dark green hair wearing an eyepatch over one eye burst into giggles.
The young man stretched out his arms and quickly swept up the chips, grinning broadly as his white lab coat fluttered. His eyes were unfocused, as if he were slightly under the influence of drugs, and the wide-brimmed hat on his head was crooked.
"It's a scam! A scam! How can you keep winning?! You bastard, you cheated, didn't you? Trying to trick people like this... how long have we been in this business...!"
"Hey, I won, so why are you acting like this? You guys are cool if you accept the result."
"Anyway, since I can't give you that money, all of it...!"
The man strode over, grabbed the young man by the collar, and shouted.
Boom!
At the same time, the man's body was slammed into the floor.
Pow, pow, pow!
The young man threw everyone rushing at him to the ground and moved his feet wildly like a whip.
"F***, f***, f***! Why are you getting on my nerves and making a fuss? You're such a pain in the ass!!"
The young man, who was trampling on the men's bodies and kicking them violently, already had his eyes half-closed.
"Ugh! I just came here to clear my already miserable mood, so why are you harping on this dirty thing when I won fair and square?!"
The large bodies sway helplessly from the slamming kicks and only let out small groans.
"Huh?! Huh!! Say something! Say something!! Are you dead? You're not dead yet! Speak!!"
When he didn't get up even after hitting him for a long time, the young man let out a long sigh.
"Ah, my mood is ruined again."
He grabbed the man by the hair, slammed him onto the table, and then stood up from his seat, laughing.
"Ah, exchange all of this for cash. Is that okay? It's money I won legitimately."
The employee, trembling as he faced the young man holding out a chip with bright red hands, hurriedly exchanged the money and handed it over.
“Oh, thank you~.”
A young man, grinning after grabbing a wad of cash, had just left the gambling den and entered the alley.
"Ah, I'm really sick of it these days."
He gave a long yawn.
"I don't know what kind of company makes you earn the experiment costs directly."
The young man clicked his tongue and yawned deeply while looking down at the heavy money bag.
"The test subjects are slowly running out..."
He let out an irritated laugh.
It's not easy to find a singularity. It would be nice if there was one decent one.
He stuck out his tongue and licked his lower lip as he spoke.
"Well, at least if this matter gets resolved well, I won't have to go through this tedious hassle."
Because money as precious as a fortune will pour out like water.
He grinned like a snake, as if the mere thought of it was amusing.
The pitch-black piercing in his lip sparkled. The young man, who had been strolling along with his hands in his pockets, suddenly stopped.
He let out a long sigh.
"Ah, today is seriously a shitty day."
He tilted his head to look into the air, spoke in an exaggeratedly loud voice, rubbed the area under his nose with his finger, and then spun around to look behind him.
"...Which bastard has been following me around since earlier?"
"Damn it, even that little brat seems to have a pretty good sense of smell, perhaps because he's a canine."
"Ha...?"
"I'm sorry, but I guess I'll have to come with you. Of course, you have no choice."
Smiling, Garen appeared in the alley, drew a thin sword from his cane, and spoke.
"Hah, what a big-mouthed old man. Damn it, don't blame me after I die!!"
The young man smashed his fists together, bared his teeth ferociously, and lunged at Garen.
Support Novellate!


Comments
Post a Comment