"Ahem, then you promised, right?"
Carcel asked me as I said that, feeling unnecessarily embarrassed.
"Then, how about coming to my house for our next date?"
“Yes?”
Isn't that a bit fast?
"It’s not anything else… but if Asha ends up liking me."
Even though he uttered just that one word, that alone instantly caused Carcel's lips to crumble.
He gently raised the corners of his mouth and smiled as he continued speaking.
"If you marry me, I will give you 32 bank accounts and 5 house deeds, just as I told you."
"Wait, were you serious and not joking?"
I really thought it was just empty words.
Carcel added to me subtly.
"Actually, I have three additional vacation homes, so I have eight property deeds. I was worried that mentioning it might burden Asha, so I didn't realize it..."
The way he looked at me while saying that made it seem like he was revealing a huge secret.
I shook my head.
"Please don't pour out something like that so seriously, as if you were making a confession..."
"Anyway, if that happens, you'll be living at my place, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to come take a look at what our new home is like in advance."
Carcel said in a languid voice.
It seemed as if he was trying to seduce me.
"Since your daughter will be living with us anyway, you are welcome to come along if you have the time."
"I think Linea would like it too."
Linea lacked social skills due to prolonged abuse.
Since Linea had never been particularly close to an adult male, it seemed like a cute picture would come out if the two of them were together.
Carcel, staring at me from across the room, trembled as if nervous.
"When spring comes, the Marquis's mansion's garden is filled with blooming spring roses. It would be even more beautiful if Asha and your daughter came to see it in person."
"Is that so?"
I looked around at the pink roses that filled the place we were in and asked.
"Will it be as pretty as the roses here?"
"It's not the one brought from there; it will be prettier than this."
Come to think of it, it had been a very long time since I went flower viewing.
Because I ran non-stop in my past life as well.
Even taking a picture under flowers while wearing spring clothes seemed like a luxury to me.
'Come to think of it, I should have enjoyed life a little more back then.'
I have no regrets about having lived diligently, but at the same time, I do have some regrets about the things I missed out on because of it.
"Great."
So, shouldn't I enjoy this life a little?
I smiled at Carcel.
Not knowing what kind of look he was giving me.
***
Carcel gazed at Asha, who stood opposite him and looked especially lovely like a flower deer today.
She might not know, but does Asha realize that her facial expressions change from moment to moment?
If it is delicious, chew faster with an expression of admiration, and if it is not to one's taste, close the lips in a straight line and slow down the chewing speed.
Capturing her rapidly changing expressions was Carcel's ability, as he liked Asha more.
He was so engrossed in watching Asha that he couldn't even taste the food.
"It's really delicious. Right?"
"Yes."
Fortunately, Carcel nodded to her as she asked with a lovely smile if the food suited his taste.
Honestly, if Asha liked it, he was confident he would gobble it up even if it was filth.
'I don't want to go home.'
He wanted to just take that small, cute girl and lock her up in his house.
If he had been just a little more of a twisted person, he might have been able to do that.
It felt as if controlling and destructive desires, which he didn't know existed within him, were surging up.
Asha, who is affectionate, thoughtful, and honest.
She doesn't know anything.
That he was Duke Lakan. And that he was not a pure person in the slightest, and although she might have felt guilty about using him.
'I was also relieved that she was someone who felt such guilt.'
He certainly didn't intend to make her feel that way.
However, the moment Carcel heard those words, he realized who Asha was weak to.
And by exploiting that vulnerability of hers... he had to make her decide to marry him even if he revealed that he was the Duke of Lakan.
I have to act like a gentle lamb in front of Asha.
Carcel's lips curved leisurely upward.
Asha still knew nothing and smiled at him, lowering her guard even more than before.
The sight was so lovely that Carcel could only watch her.
"Wine, it's really delicious!"
Before he knew it, Asha was getting a little tipsy, and her way of chattering became drawn out and even cuter.
“Is it that delicious?”
"Maybe it's because it's expensive, but it goes down so easily. Carcel, try it quickly, too. Quickly!"
Unable to resist her urging, Carcel also drank wine.
And he nodded to her, who seemed to be expecting a review that it was delicious.
“It’s very delicious.”
"Right? It feels good to have a drink after a long time."
Asha wasn't drunk; she was just in a good mood and bouncing around more than before.
Carcel simply watched her, finding her cute.
"It's time to get up!"
At 9 p.m., Asha got up while intoxicated.
Although it was a pity, Carcel nodded after catching a glimpse of the sleepiness clinging to Asha's eyes.
"I will give you a ride."
"I'm asking for a favor today. I'm a little drunk."
Considering that, her pronunciation was clear, and she didn't stagger.
However, Asha looked more excited than usual.
'I shouldn't drink in front of other men.'
Carcel, perhaps thrilled, glanced at Asha, who was laughing no more, and thought to himself.
Feeling better, Asha began to smile broadly.
"Goodbye. Thank you for the meal."
As Asha was leaving the restaurant she had deliberately rented out, worried that someone might see him and Asha together, she greeted the staff brightly.
After leaving the restaurant, Asha began to acknowledge even the passersby.
"Hello."
"Huh?"
Of course, a passerby glanced at her and walked past.
Carcel laughed inwardly at the cute incident.
But if she shows this side of herself in front of other men, there’s no way anyone wouldn’t fall for her.
He carefully put Asha into the carriage.
"Asha, are you okay? Don't you feel like throwing up?"
As the carriage started to move in earnest, Asha kept bumping her head against the side.
"I'm okay."
Although she answered so nonchalantly, Carcel began to feel anxious again at the sight of her swaying along with the carriage every time it jolted.
"Asha, may I sit next to you?"
The man sitting opposite asked.
Asha just quietly nodded her head.
So Carcel moved over and sat next to her.
"Asha, you've been bumping your head all over the place for a while now, so I think you'd better lean on my shoulder for a moment."
As if the intoxication was gradually taking over her senses compared to earlier, Asha leaned her head against Carcel's firm shoulder without hesitation this time.
Carcel pressed his lips together tightly because it was so light that he couldn't even feel its weight, and the round head touching him was cute.
"Thank you"
Even while mumbling, Asha did not forget to kindly express her gratitude.
Carcel, who had initially just leaned against her silently... eventually let out a low laugh at the sound of her small breathing that was heard before he knew it.
His whole heart felt ticklish, as if a butterfly were flying around inside.
His heart ached.
“Uhm.”
Before anyone realized it, Asha had comfortably leaned back on Carcel's shoulder and closed her eyes.
Is it because he honestly poured out everything?
She didn't seem to be particularly wary of Carcel either.
He looked down at Asha for a long time.
She meekly accepted the fate that had rendered her absolutely unable to move once she had leaned on him.
He simply wished all alone that this time would last forever.
It was a first date that resulted in a dark history for Asha in its own way, and a precious memory for Carcel that he did not want to change.
***
"Oh my!"
I suddenly came to my senses.
“What time is it?”
When I opened my eyes, the room was bright.
There were times when I sipped on stolen liquor from the kitchen by myself out of spite for having been possessed by a villain, but I had never drunk with someone else like this.
I hurriedly got up.
It looked like I hadn't even changed my clothes; I was still wearing my going-out clothes.
I marveled at how on earth I had managed to find my way back to my room and marveled at my own homing instinct.
However, that was only for a moment; soon, an ominous premonition flashed through my mind.
'Wait, but I think I was a bit drunk yesterday. I didn't act shamefully toward Carcel after that, did I?'
Since I felt better at the restaurant, my memories had been fragmented, so I couldn't even clearly remember how I parted ways with Carcel.
'Did you make a mistake?!!'
Support Novellate!


Comments
Post a Comment