"...There is no doubt. It is definitely a puppy."
Rachel tickled my stomach with a troubled look on her face.
‘My pride is hurt...!'
Even though I was only half a wolf, I had my dignity as a wolf.
I felt so sorry for myself as I struggled to survive.
Meanwhile, regardless of what his sister was doing, Zion, who had no way of knowing this, stroked my belly with sparkling eyes.
"I've never seen a puppy before! The fur here is so soft, too!"
"...I know."
"I want to show it to my sister too... Right! What about my sister?"
Zion, who had been tickling my stomach, once again gestured toward the empty bed with a worried look on his face.
Your big sister is here... I’m acting cute to survive...
Rachel answered nonchalantly with an indifferent expression.
"Well... She probably just stepped out for a moment. Don't worry about it."
“It hurt that much?”
"You're not in your right mind when you're sick."
"Then my sister is in danger!"
Zion jumped up from his seat with a surprised look on his face.
No! Don't go!
What are you going to do out there again?
I got up. It was the moment I was about to grab Zion using anything—mouth, feet, or anything else.
“Zion, sit down.”
"Huh."
Zion quickly sat down at Rachel's single word.
When did you two little mice get so close...?
I just blinked my eyes in a daze.
"Ha..."
Meanwhile, Rachel let out a groan mixed with a sigh, as if she had a headache.
“What about you, sister...?"
"Ruby! Puppy!"
"..."
Zion picked me up in his arms and smiled broadly.
Rachel clutched her head and looked at me and Zion, who were in her arms, with a tired gaze.
Rachel's face was full of worry. It seemed to be because of me, who had suddenly disappeared.
I had always only seen her acting cute and adorable, so this serious face was very unfamiliar.
I waved my front paws wildly to soothe the child. I wondered if seeing something cute might make her feel a little better.
Hurry.
However, as if my efforts were not being appreciated, Rachel kept sighing.
"What should I do now? If you see this, brother..."
"Cute! I want to live with you!"
It was a time when the exact opposite reaction was pouring down on me.
Knock knock.
A knock cut between us. Three pairs of eyes stared at one spot.
"Guys? Did you arrive first?"
Noelier's voice rang out from behind the door.
Awesome!
I let out a startled dog sound without realizing it.
I pretended to be a puppy to Rachel and Zion, but it wouldn't work on Noelier, who had seen countless wolves.
If he, who hates wolves, were to see me now...!
'It's an ashes ending!'
I was at a loss and scrambling wildly. My body trembled uncontrollably from the overwhelming fear.
Like in other fairy tales, I hoped a fairy would suddenly appear and save me.
But you know, you can't easily find that kind of luck in life...
I squeezed my eyes shut with a half-resigned heart.
“Is it a puppy?”
As soon as he suddenly stopped wildly flailing his front paws, Zion's voice, full of worry, poured down from above his head.
However, overwhelmed by fear, I couldn't pay attention to it.
'Please, if you're going to kill me, kill me in one go...'
It was then that I had despairing thoughts.
"..."
Rachel snatched me from Zion's embrace and held me in her arms.
'Rachel?'
I blinked and looked up at Rachel. There was even a certain solemnity on her face that did not make her look like a child.
Squeak.
Then the old wooden door opened.
"...Rachel?"
Noelier came inside the house.
"Eve..."
My eyes met his as I was tumbled into Rachel's arms.
"..."
His affectionate red eyes turned cold.
'It's scarier than I imagined!'
This wasn't just a dead flag. It was tantamount to stepping into the fires of hell on one's own.
"...What is that?"
He asked in a voice that had turned chillingly low. Rachel, biting her lip tightly, hugged me tightly as if hiding a treasure.
“It’s a puppy.”
“...A puppy?”
The dragon siblings' gazes met. Zion tilted his head at that cold face, and I trembled with fear.
"..."
Noelier took a slow step. Once fully inside the house, he glanced at the empty bed.
"A sick person couldn't have gone far, and..."
He slowly trailed off. Zion watched the siblings, who had suddenly become serious, and just blinked his eyes with a puzzled expression.
Noelier still furrowed his brows and gestured for me, who was in Rachel's arms.
"Eve disappeared, and a puppy appeared?"
"..."
"Suddenly like this?”
Noelier shrugged one eyebrow. He looked as if he couldn't believe it. It seemed like he was about to burn me to death any moment.
Hiiing.
A scared sound escaped my lips without me realizing it.
"It really is a puppy. It's super affectionate. I'm going to raise it..."
Rachel mumbled like a child caught doing something wrong. As she did so, she hugged me even tighter, as if she didn't want to lose me.
"Rachel."
Noelier raised his voice and called out to Rachel. Rachel shook her head wildly as if she didn't want to hear it.
"It’s a puppy! I’m going to raise it!"
Noelier narrowed his eyebrows at the sight of the child throwing a tantrum.
The atmosphere grew increasingly serious.
...Since things had come to this, there was nothing I could do. It was do-or-die.
I thrashed my front paws wildly. Startled by my struggle, Rachel let go of me inadvertently. Smack! Having landed perfectly, I looked up at Noelier.
My legs trembled as I faced Noelia's cold face.
"Uh, no, woof woof..?"
Rachel's voice trembled at the end. Is this what it feels like to walk directly into the afterlife? I slowly walked toward him. Noelier's red eyes gazed intently at me.
"..."
I took a seat in front of him.
And barked.
King!
"..."
To really look like a dog.
"Wow! So cute! I see it knows how to make such a loud sound!"
Looksion, unaware of anything, smiled brightly and hugged me tightly.
Wait, let go. I need to act cute toward this person.
After struggling to break free from Zion's side, I rubbed my face against Noelier's leg. Then, wagging my tail gently, I scratched his leg softly.
Noelier tilted his head with a peculiar expression. His eyes gleamed like burning flames.
Please, please, just be fooled this once.
Even if you don't believe it, please let it slide just this once...
It's so cute...
I prayed and prayed to every god in this world.
"..."
Noelier, who had been staring at me intently, slowly bent down to his knees. I flinched at his face, which was still cold.
I guess it's not working after all.
Suddenly, I recalled the countless erotic novels I had read in my past life.
'I've only seen those things and haven't even experienced them yet...'
To die so pointlessly. I squeezed my eyes shut, picturing the flames that were about to engulf me.
"Really..."
Along with a pleasant voice, a hand full of heat was placed on my head. They intended to shoot fire at me right now and kill me, before I could even put up a single resistance...
It was when he gave a self-deprecating laugh. A hollow laugh was heard in my ears.
“You’re cute”
'Huh?'
I slowly opened my eyes.
As if nothing had happened, he smiled slightly and stroked my head.
Support Novellate!


Comments
Post a Comment