TSFHA - Part 2 Chapter 22



“Young Lady, something terrible has happened! His Highness and the aide seem determined; they have been interrogating us one by one!”

As soon as I woke from my nap, the servant in the annex urgently reported.

Just as I expected from Nike. I knew it wasn't that he had let go of his suspicions.

They didn't find out anything from the annex, and hearing that, they went out to the garden where the welcoming ceremony was being prepared; perhaps they intended to rob the servants of the main castle...

In the end, after much deliberation, I had just ventured out of my regular hours.

'It would definitely be strange if I just stayed cooped up in my room on the day Ryan returns.'

It was an outing that needed to be made a success in many ways.

As soon as I entered the garden, which was bustling with preparations for the welcoming ceremony, I spotted Nike in the distance, and our eyes met.

I was going to him.

“Wow, young lady!”

"The young lady has arrived!"

My house chauffeurs, Jack and Rudy, ran up to me first and blocked my path.

“Miss, look at this?”

Jack, holding a melon the size of my face, said

"What is it?"

Hey, I'm busy...

Rudy placed a container full of broken melons at my feet. Jack, standing next to him, rolled up his shirt, revealing his bulging, muscular forearms.

Jack soon pressed the melon against his chest and tucked it between his forearms,

“Yeehaha!”

Crunch!

Smashed a melon with just arm strength!

"Wow."

“Hahahaha! How is it? Isn't it cool?”

“Yeah, that’s cool. That’s amazing. But why are you doing this?”

"They say they are baking melon bread."

Rudy said. Jack showed off in front of me, holding his muscular arms, which smelled strongly of melon, at a right angle.

I pushed Jack, who was intoxicated by his own strength, aside and quickly walked toward Nike.

'Wow, wow... they’re really going all out.'

Perhaps to make the interrogation more natural, he was helping prepare melons while mingling among the servants.

“Guys, who on earth ordered the Prince to do this?”

I spoke while looking around menacingly. I met Max's eyes as he flinched.

You should have shown him in with some common sense! What the heck!

“No. I said I would help.”

Nike hurriedly intervened.

I suppose so. In fact, it wouldn't have been easy for anyone to kick him out when he had come out determined.

“Your Highness, come with me for a moment.”

Just as I was about to suggest moving seats.

Suddenly, Nike rolled up the right sleeve of his shirt.

'Oh...'

The moment a muscular forearm with distinct blue veins was revealed.

I ended up having my eyes stolen away.

Time flows slowly. A man with radiant looks, wearing only a shirt, rolled a melon once in his thick, pretty hands.

I stared blankly at Nike, putting a melon on his forearm, as if to smash it.

His gaze tilted indifferently toward the melon. He tensed his muscles. The veins bulging on his arm muscles became distinct.

My mouth watered involuntarily.

Before long.

Although he didn't seem to put in much effort,

Crunch!

The hard melon crumbled.

Thump.

Nike, who had been slightly frowning at the juice splashing on his cheek, shook his head. His fine black hair swayed softly.

“...”

“...”

Our eyes met. Blue eyes.

I was staring with my mouth wide open, and only then did I come to my senses.

'Ah!'

I got caught peeking like a pervert! I snapped my head away.

Max was visible where I turned my gaze.

Max is looking this way, looking bewildered!

Ah, it seems my impure gaze was obvious to anyone...

"That!"

I hurriedly took out a handkerchief and handed it to Nike. Then I gestured toward Jack and Rudy.

“You guys do this!”

Damn melon! Who brought this out here!

When I came to my senses, everyone around me was looking at us with strange eyes.

It seems not just Max, but everyone must have noticed my sly gaze.

“...Come here.”

Feeling embarrassed, I led Nike with an awkward smile.

Separate from the center of the garden, which was teeming with servants, and move to the corner.

“How did you make it out? Are you feeling okay?”

Nike asked as he wiped his cheek and arm with the handkerchief I had given him. I tried hard to avert my gaze from his forearm.

"I'm feeling fine. It's usually time for me to go to bed, but I stayed up today. It's the day Dad is coming back, so I came out to greet him."

"Yes."

My stamina isn't enough to go far, so I think I'll just go around the edge of the garden.

"And... even though I said goodbye earlier, I also wanted to see you one last time."

I spoke shyly. Nike paused, smiled slightly, and nodded.

I came out to avoid suspicion, but naturally, it was also because I wanted to see Nike one more time.

"Your Highness."

"There were also things I couldn't tell you when we met during the day because I hesitated."

"Yes."

“When you return, you will have to tell His Majesty the Emperor, won’t you?”

"What?"

"I mean... Saying you won’t get engaged."

When I think back on how affectionate Nike had been over the past ten days, it’s clear that when he asked me if we could get married, he didn’t really mean it.

However, the discussion regarding a political marriage with Princess Ebonwind actually happened.

It means that the fact remains unchanged that Nike has to argue with my father about the marriage issue to wait for me.

"I guess that’s how it should be."

“I’m sorry. Because of me.”

“No. I promised to wait, and I’m the one who broke it. I’m the one who should be sorry.”

"Um, no. The reason I specifically mentioned this is that I was a little anxious."

“What are you worried about?”

“What if the Prince succumbs to the pressure and starts considering marriage...”

“...”

“Of course, I know you would never do that. Still, I’m still in shock that you brought up marriage as soon as you arrived, so I’m worried for no reason...”

"Vania."

"Yes."

Nike stared at me intently and bit his lip.

He seemed to be debating whether or not to say something, and his expression was gloomy.

"It's not a serious matter!"

I said it playfully for no reason, worried I might look like an obsessive woman.

"I'm worried the Prince might change his mind."

“...”

Nike, who had been silent, let out a long sigh.

What?

His sullen expression filled my mind with all sorts of thoughts.

Are you really agonizing over this? No, Nike isn't the type to do that.

Then, since we already agreed to date, is it really a bad idea to bring up something that's already over?

But that could be true...

“Uh, I mean, why do you say things you don't mean and make me anxious? If you go back now, I won't even know how you are doing, Your Highness.”

"What?"

“Your Highness, you weren’t like this before. But since I saw a side of you I didn’t know, I couldn’t help but worry. You’re scaring me for no reason when you have no intention of marrying me.”

“Why don’t I want to get married?”

"Yes?"

"I was sincere. I admit I was in a hurry, but I wouldn't have brought up marriage if I didn't mean it."

"What did you say?!"

That's ridiculous!

It's absurd...

I feel a strange sense of unease.

It was different from when I heard the talk of marriage while feeling somewhat awkward after meeting for the first time in a year.

In the meantime, we held each other's hands and blushed. Nike said he would show me he would love me even without memories.

The man who was like that is now.

Did you really say, with such a serious expression, “Why wouldn’t I want to marry (another woman)?”

I asked exactly.

"Were you truly serious about marrying Princess Ebonwind?"

“...? What on earth are you talking about...”

Nike, frowning deeply, seemed to ruminate on the question, then soon.

"You..."

He looked at me with eyes that couldn't have been more surprised.


Previous              Next



Comments