"Am I crying? Ah..."
Without even realizing it.
Nike took a handkerchief from his bosom and wiped my eyes.
Because the touch was so affectionate... I felt even more sorry.
“Why, why am I crying... because I’m sorry.”
"What?"
“Actually... things escalated sooner than I expected, so I’m not in a position to resolve this according to plan right now...”
“Yeah. So?”
I hung my head low.
"You must have been relieved and thought it was a relief, but I'm sorry for changing my mind."
Nike did not answer. I kept my head down for a long time before finally looking at him again.
For some reason, Nike just kept blinking blankly. Then he spoke.
"Is that all?"
"Yes, yes..."
“Why are you apologizing for that?”
"You were happy thinking it was resolved."
"Ah."
Nike paused, covering his mouth as if remembering the image of himself running with a bright smile.
"But that’s not the case. I will try my best to do it as quickly as possible... but I’m sure I still won’t be able to prevent all the damage..."
"Vania."
Nike grabbed my shoulder.
"Listen carefully."
And, he made eye contact with me and spoke.
“If a problem arises in the country, the Imperial Family has the duty to resolve it. It may sound ridiculous to say this, considering how much help you have already given me... but I mean that there is absolutely no reason for you to blame yourself for failing to solve the problem.”
“...”
“And the Imperial Family isn’t that incompetent. We heard about the future from you, so we didn’t just sit idly by. We have prepared countermeasures.”
"Yes?"
“Even if a fundamental solution is difficult, a measure that can buy enough time to think of other methods... such a plan.”
As I was surprised, Nike wiped the rest of my wet eyes with his index finger and added.
"No one asked you to solve the problem, and even if someone did, you have no obligation to do so. So don't cry. And don't worry, either."
That comfort put me at a surprising sense of relief. So much so that I found myself wondering why I had rushed here so anxiously.
It felt like absolutely nothing, like there were no problems at all...
I suddenly felt ashamed of myself for crying.
“Um... by any chance, could we go back just 3 minutes?”
At those words, Nike laughed.
“What should I do? Even if you secretly go back in time, I remember everything.”
"Oh, right."
That's right.
I don't know the principle behind it, but holders of the <Time of Reversal> shared memories even without physical contact if they were in close proximity.
“Ugh, makeup...”
"You're pretty."
After I calmed down, I was worried that my makeup might have smudged, but Nike quickly reassured me again.
His gaze was affectionate, as if it were not just words.
The man who had wanted to break up with me because I was ugly in my unlucky dream was nowhere to be found.
"Will you break up with me if I become ugly?"
“...”
He paused at the unexpected question, closed his eyes for a moment, laughed, and said.
“That will absolutely never happen. Will you believe me?”
"Yes."
Feeling instantly better at a few words from Nike, I grinned, then realized my mistake and asked.
“Ah, but what... do you have a plan?”
"What did you say?!"
Ryan, who was preparing for the ball the next day after finishing the wonderful countship conferment ceremony, was surprised.
He can't even count how many times his vision has gone completely white since he came to the capital.
“Why are you so surprised? Didn’t you know about this?”
However, the Crown Prince remained composed.
While speaking of the desperate situation, some medical departments in the system received a lifeline from Wassenberg and began charging exorbitant medical fees.
“But do you really have to wear that outfit?”
After interfering with the attire for the awards ceremony, he visited ahead of the ball to check on Ryan and revealed a shocking truth.
"Is the outfit the problem right now?"
“Ah, right. Is there any way to stop the distribution of that salvation medicine?”
Without even realizing it.
Nike took a handkerchief from his bosom and wiped my eyes.
Because the touch was so affectionate... I felt even more sorry.
“Why, why am I crying... because I’m sorry.”
"What?"
“Actually... things escalated sooner than I expected, so I’m not in a position to resolve this according to plan right now...”
“Yeah. So?”
I hung my head low.
"You must have been relieved and thought it was a relief, but I'm sorry for changing my mind."
Nike did not answer. I kept my head down for a long time before finally looking at him again.
For some reason, Nike just kept blinking blankly. Then he spoke.
"Is that all?"
"Yes, yes..."
“Why are you apologizing for that?”
"You were happy thinking it was resolved."
"Ah."
Nike paused, covering his mouth as if remembering the image of himself running with a bright smile.
"But that’s not the case. I will try my best to do it as quickly as possible... but I’m sure I still won’t be able to prevent all the damage..."
"Vania."
Nike grabbed my shoulder.
"Listen carefully."
And, he made eye contact with me and spoke.
“If a problem arises in the country, the Imperial Family has the duty to resolve it. It may sound ridiculous to say this, considering how much help you have already given me... but I mean that there is absolutely no reason for you to blame yourself for failing to solve the problem.”
“...”
“And the Imperial Family isn’t that incompetent. We heard about the future from you, so we didn’t just sit idly by. We have prepared countermeasures.”
"Yes?"
“Even if a fundamental solution is difficult, a measure that can buy enough time to think of other methods... such a plan.”
As I was surprised, Nike wiped the rest of my wet eyes with his index finger and added.
"No one asked you to solve the problem, and even if someone did, you have no obligation to do so. So don't cry. And don't worry, either."
That comfort put me at a surprising sense of relief. So much so that I found myself wondering why I had rushed here so anxiously.
It felt like absolutely nothing, like there were no problems at all...
I suddenly felt ashamed of myself for crying.
“Um... by any chance, could we go back just 3 minutes?”
At those words, Nike laughed.
“What should I do? Even if you secretly go back in time, I remember everything.”
"Oh, right."
That's right.
I don't know the principle behind it, but holders of the <Time of Reversal> shared memories even without physical contact if they were in close proximity.
“Ugh, makeup...”
"You're pretty."
After I calmed down, I was worried that my makeup might have smudged, but Nike quickly reassured me again.
His gaze was affectionate, as if it were not just words.
The man who had wanted to break up with me because I was ugly in my unlucky dream was nowhere to be found.
"Will you break up with me if I become ugly?"
“...”
He paused at the unexpected question, closed his eyes for a moment, laughed, and said.
“That will absolutely never happen. Will you believe me?”
"Yes."
Feeling instantly better at a few words from Nike, I grinned, then realized my mistake and asked.
“Ah, but what... do you have a plan?”
***
"What did you say?!"
Ryan, who was preparing for the ball the next day after finishing the wonderful countship conferment ceremony, was surprised.
He can't even count how many times his vision has gone completely white since he came to the capital.
“Why are you so surprised? Didn’t you know about this?”
However, the Crown Prince remained composed.
While speaking of the desperate situation, some medical departments in the system received a lifeline from Wassenberg and began charging exorbitant medical fees.
“But do you really have to wear that outfit?”
After interfering with the attire for the awards ceremony, he visited ahead of the ball to check on Ryan and revealed a shocking truth.
"Is the outfit the problem right now?"
“Ah, right. Is there any way to stop the distribution of that salvation medicine?”
Do you ask if there is a way?
Ryan was furious, but still, he is the Crown Prince; he couldn't speak so arrogantly...
He said.
The Crown Prince paused and examined Ryan's expression.
Ryan couldn't help but be surprised, flustered, and angry.
The thing Vania worried about. The thing she prepared for, even sacrificing her own body. The thing she feared would explode soon, but Ryan never imagined it.
Surprisingly, it happened two years early, just as Vania had feared.
And it is a situation where they cannot respond because it is much faster than expected.
"Ryan."
"Those who do bad things indeed are the worst, but regardless, when a problem arises in the country, the Imperial Family is the place that must resolve it."
"Who cares what anyone says?"
"Vania isn't some goose that spits out golden eggs at a mere tap. I feel bad because I've always made her suffer, so that's why I'm trying to cherish her and protect her."
“...”
“Your Highness had no choice but to acknowledge it because you were already convinced that she was a time traveler, but that does not mean that just because Vania can solve everything, it is acceptable to simply burden her.”
"Of course."
Bane chuckled. He approached and patted Ryan's stiff shoulder to soothe him.
"The more I look at you, the more convinced I am that you are fundamentally different from your father. It's fascinating."
The older brother acts like he has no sense of reason whenever his half-sister is mentioned.
This man, who has a strong sense of family and knows how to cherish his blood relatives dearly...
Bane found it truly ironic that he was a biological child of a human who could use their bloodline and then mercilessly discard them.
“I already knew about the collusion among the medical departments. Nike told me. He told me, claiming he had vague memories of before the regression, but in reality, he must have heard it from Vania.”
“...”
“I have already called in local clinics and had them on standby to ensure that patients do not go without treatment, under the pretext of educational seminars. I didn't want to raise suspicion by acting too quickly.”
Ryan flinched.
"Excuse me..."
"However, since this is not a fundamental solution, I just asked if there might be another way."
“...”
Ryan, who had been closing his eyes tightly, let out a sigh.
“Your Highness, how I wish you had told me that first.”
“Haha. Why? Do you want to go back three minutes again?”
"Is it possible?"
“It is possible. And you are right. The duty to solve the nation’s problems lies with our Imperial Family.”
Bane added with a smile.
"So, I am in a position where I need to ask for your help. Knowing the future is a great source of strength. Just being given the leeway to prepare like this is enough to give me a huge breath of fresh air."
It was clear who the suffocating forces were.
Unable to root them out, just holding on well... that is probably all an ordinary human can do.
"Finish getting ready and come out."
Bane turned around.
"Your Highness."
Ryan called.
“If you love your country this much, why do you leave the Wasenberg family alone instead of punishing them?”
At the childish question, Bane turned around in disbelief.
"Are you making fun of me right now?"
"I am asking seriously."
"Ha."
"Serious?" Bane rubbed his forehead with a sigh.
Soon, he approached Ryan, leaned his face close, and spoke.
“Punishment? Fine, shall I sentence them to death? Would they walk to the guillotine of their own accord then?”
“...”
Bane gritted his teeth. It was painful to open his mouth and admit the reality he was facing.
"Duke Wasenberg could become a god at any time. But he is merely playing along with me. I am aware of his twisted ideology, and I am simply using that to keep him in check, barely maintaining a line."
“...”
“That is all I can do. There is no way to get rid of God. As an ant, I protect the empire while giving him pleasure.”
When he finished speaking, Ryan had an expression that made it impossible to tell what he was thinking.
“...Sorry for getting worked up. I got angry because I was trying to admit my incompetence with my own mouth.”
Bane caught his breath and turned around again.
Pause. Bane stopped in his tracks at Ryan's voice.
“If you can grab them by the hair and send them to the guillotine so they can’t resist, then you do it?”
"What..."
The words that followed.
“If there is someone with supernatural abilities who can treat even those so-called gods like ants, then you do it?”
“...”
Bane froze, unable to breathe, as he ruminated on the meaning of those words. Then, after a long while, very slowly, he turned around.
'Did you leave it there?'
“Did you leave it here?”
The Crown Prince paused and examined Ryan's expression.
Ryan couldn't help but be surprised, flustered, and angry.
The thing Vania worried about. The thing she prepared for, even sacrificing her own body. The thing she feared would explode soon, but Ryan never imagined it.
Surprisingly, it happened two years early, just as Vania had feared.
And it is a situation where they cannot respond because it is much faster than expected.
"Ryan."
"Those who do bad things indeed are the worst, but regardless, when a problem arises in the country, the Imperial Family is the place that must resolve it."
"Who cares what anyone says?"
"Vania isn't some goose that spits out golden eggs at a mere tap. I feel bad because I've always made her suffer, so that's why I'm trying to cherish her and protect her."
“...”
“Your Highness had no choice but to acknowledge it because you were already convinced that she was a time traveler, but that does not mean that just because Vania can solve everything, it is acceptable to simply burden her.”
"Of course."
Bane chuckled. He approached and patted Ryan's stiff shoulder to soothe him.
"The more I look at you, the more convinced I am that you are fundamentally different from your father. It's fascinating."
The older brother acts like he has no sense of reason whenever his half-sister is mentioned.
This man, who has a strong sense of family and knows how to cherish his blood relatives dearly...
Bane found it truly ironic that he was a biological child of a human who could use their bloodline and then mercilessly discard them.
“I already knew about the collusion among the medical departments. Nike told me. He told me, claiming he had vague memories of before the regression, but in reality, he must have heard it from Vania.”
“...”
“I have already called in local clinics and had them on standby to ensure that patients do not go without treatment, under the pretext of educational seminars. I didn't want to raise suspicion by acting too quickly.”
Ryan flinched.
“So, even if something were to happen, they’ve set things up so that local doctors who just happen to be in the capital at the time could step in to care for the patients.”
"However, since this is not a fundamental solution, I just asked if there might be another way."
“...”
Ryan, who had been closing his eyes tightly, let out a sigh.
“Your Highness, how I wish you had told me that first.”
“Haha. Why? Do you want to go back three minutes again?”
"Is it possible?"
“It is possible. And you are right. The duty to solve the nation’s problems lies with our Imperial Family.”
Bane added with a smile.
"So, I am in a position where I need to ask for your help. Knowing the future is a great source of strength. Just being given the leeway to prepare like this is enough to give me a huge breath of fresh air."
It was clear who the suffocating forces were.
Unable to root them out, just holding on well... that is probably all an ordinary human can do.
"Finish getting ready and come out."
Bane turned around.
"Your Highness."
Ryan called.
“If you love your country this much, why do you leave the Wasenberg family alone instead of punishing them?”
At the childish question, Bane turned around in disbelief.
"Are you making fun of me right now?"
"I am asking seriously."
"Ha."
"Serious?" Bane rubbed his forehead with a sigh.
Soon, he approached Ryan, leaned his face close, and spoke.
“Punishment? Fine, shall I sentence them to death? Would they walk to the guillotine of their own accord then?”
“...”
“It’ll be a miracle if he doesn’t get so enraged at the audacity of an ordinary human trying to judge a psychic that he burns everything to the ground.”
"Duke Wasenberg could become a god at any time. But he is merely playing along with me. I am aware of his twisted ideology, and I am simply using that to keep him in check, barely maintaining a line."
“...”
“That is all I can do. There is no way to get rid of God. As an ant, I protect the empire while giving him pleasure.”
When he finished speaking, Ryan had an expression that made it impossible to tell what he was thinking.
“...Sorry for getting worked up. I got angry because I was trying to admit my incompetence with my own mouth.”
Bane caught his breath and turned around again.
“If you can do it?”
“If you can grab them by the hair and send them to the guillotine so they can’t resist, then you do it?”
"What..."
The words that followed.
“If there is someone with supernatural abilities who can treat even those so-called gods like ants, then you do it?”
“...”
Bane froze, unable to breathe, as he ruminated on the meaning of those words. Then, after a long while, very slowly, he turned around.

Comments
Post a Comment