TSFHA - Part 2 Chapter 17



Upon recognizing the salvation medicine, Revan recoiled in horror and clutched his head.

“Th-th-th-these damn bastards have already released the poison?!”

“They've just started unleashing them. Not all the departments have been bribed yet.”

“Wow, what trick did our Bunny use to foresee this? It happened ridiculously fast, just as Bunny predicted!”

Vania is a time traveler who knows the future.

However, she only knows the future that will unfold exactly as it would when nothing is touched.

Now that so much has already changed since before the regression,

"Normally, this would only happen in two years, but given the state of our household right now, it is bound to happen sooner than expected."

The ability to accurately predict even the changing situations without missing a beat was truly amazing.

"Just as planned, I bought it in your name."

"Yes."

He was surprised, but it was what he expected.

Revan quickly regained his composure.

Vania is planning to make the same salvation medicine that Kali bought.

However, Wassenberg must not find out that Vania is a person with supernatural abilities capable of creating a salvation medicine.

Revan's role in this plan is.

To ensure that absolutely no suspicion falls upon Vania, he will create a salvation potion in her place and become a fully normal person.

“Let me see, then you...”

“The instructions I received from the young lady were three.”

Kali spoke with three fingers spread out.

“Check every moment to see if the Salvation Potion is available. If it is, purchase it in the name of Revan Belzer. And do not return; provide close protection for my brother 24 hours a day.”

“Yeah, the moment they see my name, Wassenberg will send a horde of assassins.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll protect you.”

“I have nothing to worry about... but what about Bunny?”

Kali's complexion darkened.

The last time she saw Vania before leaving for the island, she was in the worst condition.

Quite a bit of time has passed, so she has probably succeeded in perfecting the healing ability and making the salvation potion, but...

"There is no time to recover."

That was the problem Kali was worried about.

Everything was going according to Vania's plan, but then a single variable appeared.

Wasenberg moved even faster than Vania had anticipated, having prepared a step ahead.

***

Sunny morning.

When I opened my eyes because the sunlight streaming through the window was stinging, strong arms were tightly wrapped around my waist.

Huh?''

I looked back.

Nike.

My man is smiling with enchanting beauty.

And that too... completely naked.

“...?!”

My eyes instinctively turned to his solid chest. His tightly packed muscles looked just like a statue.

"Do you like it?"

Then.

...It’s not!

"What is it?!"

I lifted the blanket. I was wearing only a chemise.

'W-what's going on?'

Anyone can see... it looks like I did it. But for some reason, my memory is completely gone, so I can't know for sure.

No, even so, we held hands yesterday? In just one day?

"Did you sleep well?"

Nike chuckled and gave me a morning kiss on the forehead.

It felt natural. Somehow, my mind and body adapted to this situation as if it were only natural.

“Honey, you’ve gotten really hot...”

The simple morning kiss grew a little deeper and slowly moved down. Tracing the bridge of my nose, all the way to my lips.

“I can’t stand it when I see you, Vania.”

Hiiiiiik! How could you say such blatant things!

“What are you going to do if I don’t hold it in?”

“How can I help you?”

Nike, who had suddenly climbed on top of me, grinned and gave me a dangerous look.

I hugged his neck as he approached and whispered.

"Do you like me?"

"Yes."

“Where do you like the best?”

"Face."

...That’s a rather snobbish answer.

“Is it just my face? What about the rest?”

"Not really, other than the face."

“...?”

What is that? It was a hurtful remark. Nike sat on top, grabbed my cheek, and shook it back and forth as if evaluating me.

“You fell for my face, too, didn’t you? Why don’t you be a little honest?”

“What are you talking about!”

"No?"

“W-wow, of course it’s true that I fell in love at first sight. But if you had only been a handsome man, I wouldn’t have loved you!”

"I see."

"You feel the same way, don't you?"

“No. I liked your face. If your shell becomes unsightly, my love will cool too.”

What kind of bullshit is this...

"Let's break up."

"What?!"

Why is the flow like this?!

Nike heartlessly stood up as if he hadn't just lunged at me. Then he tossed a hand mirror at me.

“Look at yourself.”

I looked into the mirror.

"Oh my god!"

Inside, there was me, completely aged.

I looked visibly ill, and my face was deeply wrinkled. My once-lustful hair had fallen out in sparse patches, leaving only a few strands.

“I hate ugly women like you. I will marry Princess Ebonwind.”

“What? Are you crazy?!”

Why did my face turn out like this?

When did it become like this?

Ah, right. It was from the moment it started hurting. I forced myself to use my supernatural ability despite my body reaching its limit, and I've been in pain ever since, and eventually, like this...

“You know why I ended up like this!”

I jumped up, ran, and clung to Nike.

“It was all for you! And for this empire!”

“So what? You want me to live with an ugly woman like you for the rest of my life?”

“Stay alive!”

“Nonsense.”

He forcefully pulled my arm away from his waist. His attitude was cold, without the slightest hesitation.

"Ugly."

He looks at me, thrown to the floor, as if looking at a bug, and speaks.

“You’re going to abandon me, too, if I end up in a pathetic state, aren’t you? I can’t help it.”

“No! No! I love you no matter what you look like!”

"Lie."

“Don’t go, no!”

Nike heartlessly left without even looking back at me as I cried and wailed.

***

“You said you loved me, honey!”

My eyes suddenly opened.

I saw my arm stretched out toward the familiar ceiling of the room.

'Yeah, I thought it was a dream.'

And it was all too clear why I had such a crazy dream.

I threw off the covers, got up, ran to the dressing table, and checked the mirror first.

Fortunately, unlike in the dream, my face hadn't aged, and my hair hadn't fallen out. Just as it was.

'No...'

It's not exactly the same.

I am emaciated. I could not be like the me of this time before the regression.

A sickly look clearly visible on a bare face. A face devoid of any vitality.

"Ugh."

I felt sad.

News was sent yesterday by Kali, who sent a messenger hawk from the islands.

[I will begin a close escort of Revan.]

It was only one line, but it wasn't difficult to read its meaning.

The medical cartel of Wassenberg, which I expected to face at least after the recovery period.

I deliberately sacrificed my body to prepare in advance, fearing that the bad guys would rush into doing their bad deeds, but the bad guys started doing their bad deeds even sooner than that.

What does this mean?

I am currently in a physical condition where I cannot produce any more salvation medicine, which means that the plans I had painstakingly prepared have gone awry.

Even if I try to recover my health as quickly as possible, victims of the medical cartel are bound to appear in the meantime.

And my body, which will have to use this ability again without a sufficient recovery period.

'You never know how much it will fall apart.'

I looked in the mirror again.

Perhaps the wretched appearance I saw in my dream could have become my actual future.

“Seriously... It’s so hard.”

The world is only tormenting me.

***

Bad, then good, then bad.

In the mere three hours or so a day when I can meet Nike, joy and sorrow strangely alternate.

Today was bad.

The moment Nike has to admit that there is no immediate way to stop the medical cartel.

"I saw the note you gave me yesterday."

He was smiling brightly.

"Thank you so much."

How wonderful it would be.

The problem I was worried about has been resolved.

He was worried that people would die without receiving treatment, but since I found a solution for them, he must have fallen asleep happily yesterday.

"Your Highness."

I must tell him, who is rejoicing, that things broke out sooner than expected and that I cannot handle it right now.

"You know..."

The words kept stopping in my mouth.

I couldn't even meet Nike's eyes and just fiddled with my innocent hands, barely managing to speak.

“I received a call yesterday, and now already... already, it looks like Wassenberg has released the medicine into the capital...”

"I know."

"Yes?"

What? I looked up.

“I knew. Because I had already confirmed it before I came to Belzer.”

“Huh? No, then why are you asking that now...”

"Vania."

Nike approached with surprised eyes. She held my trembling hand, met my gaze, and worried affectionately.

“Why are you crying?”


Previous                Next



Comments