"Why?"
“Oh, don’t come too close.”
Elliot, observing the surroundings, reached out and distanced himself from Ryan.
"Just stick close enough so we can hear each other. It's been a while since we last saw each other, so I need to catch up with my brother."
“Haha, yeah.”
“You got a title? You’ve only been out of prison for so long, and you’re already so successful?”
“Oh, so that’s what happened.”
“What did you do to catch the Crown Prince’s eye?”
“It’s nothing special, just something.”
Ryan nodded at Nike.
"I saved him once. I guess I was given a lot of credit because he was a member of the royal family. I didn't know they'd give me a title, even though I was a criminal."
Elliot clicked his tongue inwardly as he watched Ryan speak with a proud expression.
'Fool...'
Would the government give the death penalty to a criminal just because he is crazy?
Saving the lives of the royal family was just an excuse, and bestowing Ryan with a title was a political ploy to keep Wassenberg in check.
'How could you possibly know that? You've been rotting in prison for half your life, so how could you possibly have any intelligence?'
If you're stupid and clueless, you deserve to die. Elliot doesn't really feel any respect for someone of the same bloodline.
And this stage right now is a perfect opportunity.
“Ryan, I have a good idea.”
“What are you thinking?”
Elliot took a step forward first. He tilted his head slightly and whispered.
"You're having a hard time, and I can't help you out openly. You have to live with your father's approval. You understand that, right?"
“I know.”
"Don't be too upset. But since we've met today, I'll give you a shoulder to lean on."
“What are you talking about?”
"My brother, you've never been to a place like this before. It means you're immature. It wouldn't be strange if you made a mistake, right?"
Elliot looked at Nike and whispered quietly.
“When the Third Prince fights with the Demon King, I will light a fire all around him.”
“What? Why would you do something like that?”
"It's okay, brother. Just say it was a good intention, seeing the royal family struggling and trying to help. Despite his inexperience, he personally participated in the battlefield and did his best. What can the royal family say?"
“...”
"Do you understand? You're just going to stick close to the Third Prince. Then, when you see what's happening, you can rescue him from the fire."
"...Ah."
Ryan gasped as he understood.
Elliot grinned.
“Then my brother will achieve another feat, right? Because you saved the lives of the royal family.”
“Wow, bro. Really...”
Ryan burst out laughing.
“You’re so smart and amazing. Would you do that for me?”
“Well then. Since you’re my brother, I should help you out like this.”
Ryan continued to laugh, covering his eyes with his hands, as if he was moved.
“Really... really, the camaraderie is deep. I never thought my brother would think this much of me... I’m almost in tears...”
“Hey, it’s not that impressive.”
If you get too moved, not realizing they're sending you to the graveside just to kill you easily, you'd feel a bit sorry, wouldn't you?
“Oh, don’t come too close.”
Elliot, observing the surroundings, reached out and distanced himself from Ryan.
"Just stick close enough so we can hear each other. It's been a while since we last saw each other, so I need to catch up with my brother."
“Haha, yeah.”
“You got a title? You’ve only been out of prison for so long, and you’re already so successful?”
“Oh, so that’s what happened.”
“What did you do to catch the Crown Prince’s eye?”
“It’s nothing special, just something.”
Ryan nodded at Nike.
"I saved him once. I guess I was given a lot of credit because he was a member of the royal family. I didn't know they'd give me a title, even though I was a criminal."
Elliot clicked his tongue inwardly as he watched Ryan speak with a proud expression.
'Fool...'
Would the government give the death penalty to a criminal just because he is crazy?
Saving the lives of the royal family was just an excuse, and bestowing Ryan with a title was a political ploy to keep Wassenberg in check.
'How could you possibly know that? You've been rotting in prison for half your life, so how could you possibly have any intelligence?'
If you're stupid and clueless, you deserve to die. Elliot doesn't really feel any respect for someone of the same bloodline.
And this stage right now is a perfect opportunity.
“Ryan, I have a good idea.”
“What are you thinking?”
Elliot took a step forward first. He tilted his head slightly and whispered.
"You're having a hard time, and I can't help you out openly. You have to live with your father's approval. You understand that, right?"
“I know.”
"Don't be too upset. But since we've met today, I'll give you a shoulder to lean on."
“What are you talking about?”
"My brother, you've never been to a place like this before. It means you're immature. It wouldn't be strange if you made a mistake, right?"
Elliot looked at Nike and whispered quietly.
“When the Third Prince fights with the Demon King, I will light a fire all around him.”
“What? Why would you do something like that?”
"It's okay, brother. Just say it was a good intention, seeing the royal family struggling and trying to help. Despite his inexperience, he personally participated in the battlefield and did his best. What can the royal family say?"
“...”
"Do you understand? You're just going to stick close to the Third Prince. Then, when you see what's happening, you can rescue him from the fire."
"...Ah."
Ryan gasped as he understood.
Elliot grinned.
“Then my brother will achieve another feat, right? Because you saved the lives of the royal family.”
“Wow, bro. Really...”
Ryan burst out laughing.
“You’re so smart and amazing. Would you do that for me?”
“Well then. Since you’re my brother, I should help you out like this.”
Ryan continued to laugh, covering his eyes with his hands, as if he was moved.
“Really... really, the camaraderie is deep. I never thought my brother would think this much of me... I’m almost in tears...”
“Hey, it’s not that impressive.”
If you get too moved, not realizing they're sending you to the graveside just to kill you easily, you'd feel a bit sorry, wouldn't you?
Ryan then spoke with a bright smile and reddened eyes.
“Thank you, bro!”
Oh my, a life.
***
Ryan came into the barracks for a moment.
He was in shock, and then I spoke very carefully, in a low voice.
[...Dad, are you okay?]
Ryan paused and tilted his head.
“Why? What else could be wrong?”
...I don’t think it’s okay.
We knew exactly what he was going to do, thanks to Elliot blowing it out of his own mouth a little while ago.
It was so pointless that I had been racking my brain for days and nights trying to predict Elliot's actions.
'He just plans on killing Nike.'
Of course, it wasn't unexpected. Still, since it was a matter of eliminating the royal family, I thought they'd be cautious.
Because it is a different weight from the death of a single soldier.
'But since it's Wassenberg, the cleanup won't be difficult.'
They are people who live above the law in the first place.
Wasn't the reason why Nike, who had been stealing Wassenberg's rice bowls at every turn before the return, kept alive because of me?
They could have killed him easily, but they kept him alive on purpose to threaten and tame me.
So, back to the main topic.
Elliot said he would attack Nike on purpose to help Ryan achieve his goal, but... are we stupid?
Of course, I know that wasn't the intention.
'You're planning to send them away together, right?'
...So, Ryan.
Honestly, it was really shocking.
[Hey, that guy isn't my brother or family, so don't worry about him!]
Ryan took it calmly, but I could sense that he was thinking a lot.
'This is the worst, Elliot.'
At this point, there is no particular reason why Ryan should be eliminated.
Because he hadn't grown enough or shown his teeth to threaten Wassenberg.
But as soon as Elliot had a reason to kill, he tried to send away the innocent Ryan.
...my own brother. My sibling.
Ryan left the barracks and walked slowly towards Nike.
As I approached, Nike whispered in embarrassment.
“Hey. Elliot Wassenberg is watching. Keep your distance.”
“It’s okay. My brother told me to go next to the Prince on purpose.”
"What?"
Ryan whispered, scratching his head awkwardly.
“I tried talking to my brother, but I think he’s just going to ram me.”
“...”
Nike paused, as if he understood.
“It looks like they’ll tie up the demon and burn the Prince with it.”
“...I see.”
Nike looked up at the cage nearby, the cage containing Ratan.
“If it weren’t for your help today, I would have been dead.”
Yes, that's right.
If Elliot came here determined to kill Nike, then Plan A, which was to protect him, was hopeless.
Even if you block access, wind down time, and try various countermeasures, Elliot will continue to attack until Nike is dead.
The only way we can truly overcome this situation is with Merchen's help.
“I didn’t think he would even think about killing the royal family, but he really did.”
“But did Elliot Wassenberg tell you that out loud?”
When Nike asked with a puzzled look, Ryan shook his head.
"No, he told me to stick close to the Prince. He said he'd set fire to you as if he'd made a mistake, so I could save the Prince and earn some merit."
“..!”
Nike's eyes widened.
He probably understood without further explanation that Elliot intended to kill Ryan as well.
“...Are you okay?”
After a long while, a surprised Nike asked cautiously.
"Why do you think I'm not okay? I'm the one sharpening my knife to kill my brothers first."
“...”
“It’s been a long time since I thought of him as family, and it’s been a long time since I gave up on expectations.”
As Ryan said that, his gaze turned to his left arm.
You can see the scars he carved into his forearm while he was incarcerated.
Twelve. Twelve years.
Ryan spent many years honing his mind before deciding to kill his brothers.
Because it's not a decision that can be made with a clear mind.
Accept that your blood relatives are trash, and that you are the only one who can clean it up.
Even so, because they are ‘family’, he can’t help but feel weak at times, and he cut away at it as if he were tearing off a piece of flesh...
That's how he decided to kill, and that's how he trained his mind.
Elliot, that's a fundamentally different decision from the one that bastard decided to kill his own brother without any second thought.
[Cheer up, Dad! There's a cute bunny!]
“Phuha!”
I flirted with Ryan, who seemed to be having a hard time contemplating things. He smiled, but it didn't seem to be helping much.
At that time.
- Grrrrr...
A small murmur was heard from under the cloth-covered cage.
This is a signal sent by Ratan, who detected the appearance of the demon in advance.
Nike, hearing the signal, gestured.
Then the knights waiting next to the cage removed the cloth.
“What, what is it!”
“Ugh!”
“I, I, isn’t that Ratan?!”
Everyone was surprised and made a noise.
Some even recognized Ratan, who had been wanted and was causing a stir across the continent a year ago.
Ryan also pretends to be surprised and turns around.
Next to the Wassenberg barracks.
Elliot, who still hasn't grasped the situation, narrows his eyes and looks at Ratan, wondering what on earth that is.
"The demon has already been subdued, so don't attack! Don't be afraid and maintain your formation!"
Nike shouted at the punitive force, who were startled and panicked by Ratan's appearance.
Soon, the cage entrance opened.
In the silence.
Iron wrench.
Thump, thump, thump.
Ratan, wearing large shackles attached to a cage, walked out with heavy steps.
Ratan's yellow eyes quickly scanned the surroundings.
It seems like it's looking for me.
‘...Are you anxious? Will you listen to me?’
If you don't listen and act wild again because he can't see me, it'll be a problem.
Just in case, I originally planned to teach it along with physical education...
'The day I came up with Plan B, I couldn't show any more violence because Nike was with me!'
A situation that has been tamed only with words.
Indeed, Ratan...
At that moment, the axis shook.
Arms of demons sprouted from all over the ground. Soldiers quickly grabbed their weapons and took up battle stances.
- Ghhhhhhh!!!
Ratan roared.
Immediately, the lower-level demons that had emerged from the ground froze, and all turned their heads towards Ratan.
- Get on your knees, you lowly creatures!
Ratan's voice, which seemed to echo within the cave, spread throughout the battlefield.
Thud.
Thump, thump.
Thump, thump, thump,
All the demons knelt down towards Ratan as if they had been brainwashed.
A battlefield where a bizarre sight unfolded.
Only silence reigned over the shocking scene.
Whoosh whoosh.
Then, suddenly, Ratan's left arm caught fire.
Ryan turned around, and Elliot was in his sight. Shock, absurd. A pale expression, a mixture of emotions.
- It tickles.
Ratan muttered as he did so, then he put out the fire on his left arm with his right hand.
Mere fireworks cannot penetrate that monster's iron skin.
To begin with, other than the fourth Gabriel, who possesses the <Fountain of Purification>, there is no one with the ability to subdue Ratan.
- Shall I remove it?
Ratan, who is quick-witted and knows who the arsonist is, takes a step toward Elliot and asks.
As Elliot, startled, took a sharp step back, his private soldiers stood in front of him as if protecting him.
Nike said to Elliot.
“Didn’t you hear me say not to attack?”
“What is that!”
“It’s a mercenary demon.”
“...!”
Elliot was shocked.
He immediately ran towards Nike like a madman and said.
"T-what do you mean? A mercenary? You're not suggesting we bring him into the battlefield, are you?"
His expression was a sight to behold, lost in thought. I could almost hear his mental state crumbling with each passing moment.
It can't be helped.
All thoughts of his purpose in coming to kill Nike must have evaporated from Elliot's mind by now.
Do you have time to worry about that?
This is the worst of the worst for Wassenberg, because someone with the same powers as a superhuman has appeared.
“It’s a difficult demon to subdue, so what danger do you think it could cause...!”
Elliot's excited words were cut off.
Thud!
Because Ratan, who had been listening, knelt before Nike.
- Master!
It's started!
Our plan B is Nike's natural acting, the key to success!
- Lord of darkness, god of the underworld!
???
What...
- Your faithful servant, a slave bound by a great blood oath, I kneel before you, God, and offer you my obedient worship!
I was taken aback. Ryan also covered his mouth with a gasp, and Nike also froze.
By the way, I never ordered that line where your hands and feet curl up.
100% Ratan's ad-lib...
In the silence.
The soldiers all stared at Nike with their mouths wide open.
The same goes for Elliot.
That's right...
Shocking (Nike's) solo stage!
An unexpected turn of events.
Ryan whispered with his mouth covered, looking at Nike, whose ears were turning red.
“...Shit happened. My ears can't handle the stress."

Comments
Post a Comment