"Therefore..."
Nike was flustered and corrected himself, as if he thought it was absurd that he hadn't heard anything.
“I need to know how you tame Ratan, too. So don’t forget.”
“...”
Wow, you just asked me to remind you of my gangster image...
It's even more shameful...
"Oh, Your Highness. Please, respect my daughter's dignity. Let's just let this go on a humane basis."
Ryan also stopped Nike.
“No. It wasn’t a situation where my dignity was damaged.”
But why? Nike clenches his teeth and tries to protect hia memories...
"Our daughter was a total thug, wasn't she? She revealed her true colors to the Abyssinian? Won't you think of her every time you see her face later? Won't you be devastated? Won't this make you want to date another woman?"
Is Ryan an ally or an enemy?
“Not at all.”
Nike spoke to me once more, with an almost pleading expression.
“Don’t touch it, please. I beg you.”
“...”
Maybe that person actually remembers everything. He knows I love him enough to never ignore what he says, and he uses it to his advantage.
How could I ignore the man I love who is begging me with such a handsome face?
“What were you doing?”
Nike asked me vaguely, trying to distract me. He seemed worried I'd disobey and lose track of time.
“Oh, yes. That’s...”
“Is the Prince hurt? Suddenly?”
Ryan asked.
I shook my head and said.
"He personally summoned Ratan to help us. To be precise, to help the Prince."
Nike's eyes widened.
I sighed and looked back at Ratan.
'What should I do with this?'
The Prince, who seemed determined, would still be stubborn even if Ratan was sent back now. Then he'd just end up harming himself again.
Moreover, although he has become a Ratan, Merchen is still conscious and is watching the whole situation...
Well then, there is only one way.
First, I will explain 'Plan B' to resolve this situation using rattan.
“Hey, there’s something I need you to do.”
It all made no sense now, but I still spoke to Ratan as quietly as I could, tucking my hair behind my ear.
- Please give your order.
I pointed to Nike.
“Remember that person’s face well. He’s your temporary master. Go... and do it.”
“...?”
Nike looks confused.
But the quick-witted demon quickly got up, walked with a thud, and knelt in front of Nike.
- Master!
“...!”
- I am your faithful servant! Give me your orders!
“Ugh.”
Ryan suppressed his sudden burst of laughter with his hand.
“What is this...”
Nike, now master of monsters, had a flushed face, perhaps embarrassed. I turned my head slightly and smiled bitterly.
Babe.
This is a petty revenge for destroying my dignity...
Vania took Nike and Ryan deeper into the forest, where she explained Plan B.
“If I call you next time, you just have to do what you practiced today.”
After giving the order to put the Ratan back in, I headed back home.
The sun is slowly setting.
Merchen was still on Ryan's back, still unconscious.
“Your Highness.”
Vania said as they approached the mansion.
“I’m sorry to ask you this after explaining everything, but please be sure to persuade Merchen when you speak with him separately.”
"What?"
“You don’t have to come out.”
Vania added, looking straight at Nike.
"My brother is precious to me, so I don't want him to suffer. He's a poor person who has to live his whole life with a monster. But if he's being used for that, it's just... so heartbreaking."
"Yes."
"Your Highness, you always sacrifice and fight diligently for your country. I'm truly sorry to say this."
Nike was momentarily stunned when he saw Vania, who was bowing her head in concern for Merchen, asking for help.
“No, you’re right. It’s a favor you don’t have to apologize to me for.”
"Thank you. I really hope you can convince me. Even without Ratan, Dad and I will somehow work out a plan with Plan A. And..."
“...”
“That, and...”
Vania said, closing her eyes tightly.
“Please forget what happened earlier!”
Then, without even being able to catch her, she quickly runs away into the mansion.
Nike slowly dropped the arm that had been outstretched to grab Vania.
“Tsk tsk.”
Ryan, who was watching, clicked his tongue.
“So why are you trying to stop me from doing that? I bet she’ll be so pissed off that she won’t be able to sleep for a week, sleeping in her blankets.”
“...? What are you talking about, trying to make you forget?”
Ryan, who was dumbfounded, laid Merchen down on the bench he had made in front of the mansion.
Lying down...
“Huh? No way?”
He muttered in surprise as he realized it.
“Did you have a good time?”
Ryan glanced back at Nike.
“Did you like that thug-like appearance so much that you couldn’t forget it?!”
“...”
Nike did not answer.
But... it was positive!
Vania, who was harassing Ratan like a thug.
The reason why Nike, who saw that, used expressions like “please” and “request” to protect his memory.
It was literally because he didn't want to forget Vania's appearance!
“Guess who was next to me then? Huh? My boyfriend was there~ What are you going to do, you punk!”
The shocking sight he encountered as he ran to Ratan, worried about Vania, upon discovering him. And that line.
...I guess the term boyfriend refers to me?
Nike, who thought about it, was honestly surprised, and then wondered what Vania would say next.
That's why he told Ryan to be quiet when he tried to make a sound.
He thought Vania would tame Ratan by torturing him, but what the heck.
“Shut up!”
All she did was stomp her little feet and swing her skinny arms.
A threat whose combat power converges to 0!
As he watched it blankly, Nike had a thought.
...Cute.
That was it.
Anyway, the story is that he desperately wanted to keep remembering Vania like that, so he desperately tried to stop time from passing.
“Wow, you have such unique tastes.”
Ryan was terrified.
At that time.
“Hmm...”
Merchen's eyelids fluttered as he lay there with a small groan.
Open his eyes slowly.
This time, too, like a masterpiece.
A handsome Prince who looks like he has fallen under some evil spell and is now waking up sadly.
Nike and Ryan were instinctively speechless, and their gazes were riveted to him...
Nike sent the grumbling Ryan behind and stood in front of Merchen.
“Are you awake? Can I talk to you for a moment?”
“...Oh, yes. That’s fine. But can I speak first?”
Merchen added firmly.
“Please, Plan B.”
Nike paused.
Plan B. Using Ratan, this is a method that solves many of the problems they are currently facing with a 99.9% success rate.
However, Merchen's sacrifice was necessary.
Ratan joins the battlefield.
Of course, a special-class demon couldn't run rampant on the battlefield without any affiliation. In the first place, the situation where a demon subdues another demon is unprecedented.
“As you know, it doesn’t end with just one battle.”
“...”
"To participate in this expedition, you must become a member of the imperial family. After that, many things will change. Ratan will likely be recognized as a potential replacement for the power-user."
“I know.”
"As the demonic incidents continue to occur, everyone will seek Ratan's help. And if that happens, you'll undoubtedly face pressure from the nation, disguised as a favor. That means you'll be forced to go on expeditions like a battle slave."
“I know that too.”
“So there’s no need to come forward.”
“I’ve already made up my mind.”
"That's a nice thought. But I have no intention of forcing you to make sacrifices for the greater good."
"Hmm."
Merchen thought of someone for a moment at Nike's firm words, then smiled.
"Of course, it's a good thing that saves many people, but that's not the only reason I'm helping. Talking to Vania made me even more determined. It's for her sake."
"What?"
“I really want to fight for that kid.”
Nike froze in the face of Merchen's sparkling eyes.
After a while of being speechless, he finally asked.
“...What does that mean?”
"It's true. Vania told me she'd even pretend not to know the cause for me."
“...”
"It was touching. And I'd do that much for her. When I go into battle, a lot will change. Perhaps the biggest change will be the diminishing status of those with special abilities."
Merchen looked at Ryan and asked.
“Ryan, wouldn’t that be great news for you and Vania?”
“Oh, that’s right. That’s right.”
Ryan sat down next to Merchen and put his arm around his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, Prince. Honestly, it's painful to see someone who's never done hard work deliberately cutting themselves to summon a monster..."
"It's not so painful that it's unbearable, and the pain quickly goes away once the monster leaves. Besides, how many sins has that monster committed? To atone for his karma..."
The two chatted away. Nike listened blankly. No, he didn't hear. His mind wandered.
“I really want to fight for that kid.”
Demonization through self-harm.
Living as a combat slave.
Is this a problem that ordinary people can easily decide? No.
But Merchen is determined to act so resolutely that even persuasion won't work.
For Vania, rather than the cause.
“My brother is precious to me, so I don’t want him to suffer.”
Also, Vania wanted to protect such a fairy tale.
The bond the two felt for each other was easily recognizable.
They must be close, right? Of course. They live together. They eat, sleep, and spend a lot of time together under the same roof.
And there will be no secrets.
Maybe Merchen knows that Vania's mind is not young...
At this point, Nike became curious.
'Why am I wondering this?'
Even if I want to...
‘I guess it’s okay to be curious...'
...and you think so too?
Nike sees Merchen. To be exact, his face.
Nike also had eyes, so he was aware that Merchen had a very attractive appearance.
And Vania is not vulnerable to good looks.
“If the Prince were ugly, we wouldn’t be meeting like this now.”
“What are you talking about?”
“If Vania hadn’t fallen in love with the Prince, none of this would have happened.”
A conversation he had with Ryan one day.
Ryan told Nike, who was curious about the return, that Vania had said this to him and told him to keep it a secret.
“...She said she fell in love with the Prince at first sight. So... what the... face!”
How did Vania and I first meet? If we knew we shouldn't love each other, there must have been some heartbreaking trigger.
... It was a shock like the sky was falling down on Nike, who had imagined it with excitement in his own way!
“That... that’s it?”
"Yes."
“Your Highness?”
Nike was pulled out of his thoughts by Ryan's call.
“What are you thinking so intently about?”
“...Sorry. I couldn’t concentrate.”
He felt a little ashamed of himself for thinking such things when he was so busy. But if he didn't ask now, he felt like he would keep feeling uneasy.
So Nike called.
“Merchen.”
And asked.
“Is it because you are determined to fight for Vania... purely because you cherish her as family?”
“...”
Silence.
Merchen blinked.
Nike was flustered and corrected himself, as if he thought it was absurd that he hadn't heard anything.
“I need to know how you tame Ratan, too. So don’t forget.”
“...”
Wow, you just asked me to remind you of my gangster image...
It's even more shameful...
"Oh, Your Highness. Please, respect my daughter's dignity. Let's just let this go on a humane basis."
Ryan also stopped Nike.
“No. It wasn’t a situation where my dignity was damaged.”
But why? Nike clenches his teeth and tries to protect hia memories...
"Our daughter was a total thug, wasn't she? She revealed her true colors to the Abyssinian? Won't you think of her every time you see her face later? Won't you be devastated? Won't this make you want to date another woman?"
Is Ryan an ally or an enemy?
“Not at all.”
Nike spoke to me once more, with an almost pleading expression.
“Don’t touch it, please. I beg you.”
“...”
Maybe that person actually remembers everything. He knows I love him enough to never ignore what he says, and he uses it to his advantage.
How could I ignore the man I love who is begging me with such a handsome face?
“What were you doing?”
Nike asked me vaguely, trying to distract me. He seemed worried I'd disobey and lose track of time.
“Oh, yes. That’s...”
“Is the Prince hurt? Suddenly?”
Ryan asked.
I shook my head and said.
"He personally summoned Ratan to help us. To be precise, to help the Prince."
Nike's eyes widened.
I sighed and looked back at Ratan.
'What should I do with this?'
The Prince, who seemed determined, would still be stubborn even if Ratan was sent back now. Then he'd just end up harming himself again.
Moreover, although he has become a Ratan, Merchen is still conscious and is watching the whole situation...
Well then, there is only one way.
First, I will explain 'Plan B' to resolve this situation using rattan.
“Hey, there’s something I need you to do.”
It all made no sense now, but I still spoke to Ratan as quietly as I could, tucking my hair behind my ear.
- Please give your order.
I pointed to Nike.
“Remember that person’s face well. He’s your temporary master. Go... and do it.”
“...?”
Nike looks confused.
But the quick-witted demon quickly got up, walked with a thud, and knelt in front of Nike.
- Master!
“...!”
- I am your faithful servant! Give me your orders!
“Ugh.”
Ryan suppressed his sudden burst of laughter with his hand.
“What is this...”
Nike, now master of monsters, had a flushed face, perhaps embarrassed. I turned my head slightly and smiled bitterly.
Babe.
This is a petty revenge for destroying my dignity...
***
Vania took Nike and Ryan deeper into the forest, where she explained Plan B.
“If I call you next time, you just have to do what you practiced today.”
After giving the order to put the Ratan back in, I headed back home.
The sun is slowly setting.
Merchen was still on Ryan's back, still unconscious.
“Your Highness.”
Vania said as they approached the mansion.
“I’m sorry to ask you this after explaining everything, but please be sure to persuade Merchen when you speak with him separately.”
"What?"
“You don’t have to come out.”
Vania added, looking straight at Nike.
"My brother is precious to me, so I don't want him to suffer. He's a poor person who has to live his whole life with a monster. But if he's being used for that, it's just... so heartbreaking."
"Yes."
"Your Highness, you always sacrifice and fight diligently for your country. I'm truly sorry to say this."
Nike was momentarily stunned when he saw Vania, who was bowing her head in concern for Merchen, asking for help.
“No, you’re right. It’s a favor you don’t have to apologize to me for.”
"Thank you. I really hope you can convince me. Even without Ratan, Dad and I will somehow work out a plan with Plan A. And..."
“...”
“That, and...”
Vania said, closing her eyes tightly.
“Please forget what happened earlier!”
Then, without even being able to catch her, she quickly runs away into the mansion.
Nike slowly dropped the arm that had been outstretched to grab Vania.
“Tsk tsk.”
Ryan, who was watching, clicked his tongue.
“So why are you trying to stop me from doing that? I bet she’ll be so pissed off that she won’t be able to sleep for a week, sleeping in her blankets.”
“Why is she turning it back?”
“Then why isn't she turning it back?”
“If she turns it back, I’ll forget about it.”
Ryan, who was dumbfounded, laid Merchen down on the bench he had made in front of the mansion.
Lying down...
“Huh? No way?”
He muttered in surprise as he realized it.
“Did you have a good time?”
Ryan glanced back at Nike.
“Did you like that thug-like appearance so much that you couldn’t forget it?!”
“...”
Nike did not answer.
But... it was positive!
Vania, who was harassing Ratan like a thug.
The reason why Nike, who saw that, used expressions like “please” and “request” to protect his memory.
It was literally because he didn't want to forget Vania's appearance!
“Guess who was next to me then? Huh? My boyfriend was there~ What are you going to do, you punk!”
The shocking sight he encountered as he ran to Ratan, worried about Vania, upon discovering him. And that line.
...I guess the term boyfriend refers to me?
Nike, who thought about it, was honestly surprised, and then wondered what Vania would say next.
That's why he told Ryan to be quiet when he tried to make a sound.
He thought Vania would tame Ratan by torturing him, but what the heck.
“Shut up!”
All she did was stomp her little feet and swing her skinny arms.
A threat whose combat power converges to 0!
As he watched it blankly, Nike had a thought.
...Cute.
That was it.
Anyway, the story is that he desperately wanted to keep remembering Vania like that, so he desperately tried to stop time from passing.
“Wow, you have such unique tastes.”
Ryan was terrified.
At that time.
“Hmm...”
Merchen's eyelids fluttered as he lay there with a small groan.
Open his eyes slowly.
This time, too, like a masterpiece.
A handsome Prince who looks like he has fallen under some evil spell and is now waking up sadly.
Nike and Ryan were instinctively speechless, and their gazes were riveted to him...
“You're a picture all by yourself, aren't you?”
“Are you awake? Can I talk to you for a moment?”
“...Oh, yes. That’s fine. But can I speak first?”
Merchen added firmly.
“Please, Plan B.”
Nike paused.
Plan B. Using Ratan, this is a method that solves many of the problems they are currently facing with a 99.9% success rate.
However, Merchen's sacrifice was necessary.
Ratan joins the battlefield.
Of course, a special-class demon couldn't run rampant on the battlefield without any affiliation. In the first place, the situation where a demon subdues another demon is unprecedented.
“As you know, it doesn’t end with just one battle.”
“...”
"To participate in this expedition, you must become a member of the imperial family. After that, many things will change. Ratan will likely be recognized as a potential replacement for the power-user."
“I know.”
"As the demonic incidents continue to occur, everyone will seek Ratan's help. And if that happens, you'll undoubtedly face pressure from the nation, disguised as a favor. That means you'll be forced to go on expeditions like a battle slave."
“I know that too.”
“So there’s no need to come forward.”
“I’ve already made up my mind.”
"That's a nice thought. But I have no intention of forcing you to make sacrifices for the greater good."
"Hmm."
Merchen thought of someone for a moment at Nike's firm words, then smiled.
"Of course, it's a good thing that saves many people, but that's not the only reason I'm helping. Talking to Vania made me even more determined. It's for her sake."
"What?"
“I really want to fight for that kid.”
Nike froze in the face of Merchen's sparkling eyes.
After a while of being speechless, he finally asked.
“...What does that mean?”
"It's true. Vania told me she'd even pretend not to know the cause for me."
“...”
"It was touching. And I'd do that much for her. When I go into battle, a lot will change. Perhaps the biggest change will be the diminishing status of those with special abilities."
Merchen looked at Ryan and asked.
“Ryan, wouldn’t that be great news for you and Vania?”
“Oh, that’s right. That’s right.”
Ryan sat down next to Merchen and put his arm around his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, Prince. Honestly, it's painful to see someone who's never done hard work deliberately cutting themselves to summon a monster..."
"It's not so painful that it's unbearable, and the pain quickly goes away once the monster leaves. Besides, how many sins has that monster committed? To atone for his karma..."
The two chatted away. Nike listened blankly. No, he didn't hear. His mind wandered.
“I really want to fight for that kid.”
Demonization through self-harm.
Living as a combat slave.
Is this a problem that ordinary people can easily decide? No.
But Merchen is determined to act so resolutely that even persuasion won't work.
For Vania, rather than the cause.
“My brother is precious to me, so I don’t want him to suffer.”
Also, Vania wanted to protect such a fairy tale.
The bond the two felt for each other was easily recognizable.
They must be close, right? Of course. They live together. They eat, sleep, and spend a lot of time together under the same roof.
And there will be no secrets.
Maybe Merchen knows that Vania's mind is not young...
At this point, Nike became curious.
'Why am I wondering this?'
Even if I want to...
‘I guess it’s okay to be curious...'
...and you think so too?
Nike sees Merchen. To be exact, his face.
Nike also had eyes, so he was aware that Merchen had a very attractive appearance.
And Vania is not vulnerable to good looks.
“If the Prince were ugly, we wouldn’t be meeting like this now.”
“What are you talking about?”
“If Vania hadn’t fallen in love with the Prince, none of this would have happened.”
A conversation he had with Ryan one day.
Ryan told Nike, who was curious about the return, that Vania had said this to him and told him to keep it a secret.
“...She said she fell in love with the Prince at first sight. So... what the... face!”
How did Vania and I first meet? If we knew we shouldn't love each other, there must have been some heartbreaking trigger.
... It was a shock like the sky was falling down on Nike, who had imagined it with excitement in his own way!
“That... that’s it?”
"Yes."
“Your Highness?”
Nike was pulled out of his thoughts by Ryan's call.
“What are you thinking so intently about?”
“...Sorry. I couldn’t concentrate.”
He felt a little ashamed of himself for thinking such things when he was so busy. But if he didn't ask now, he felt like he would keep feeling uneasy.
So Nike called.
“Merchen.”
And asked.
“Is it because you are determined to fight for Vania... purely because you cherish her as family?”
“...”
Silence.
Merchen blinked.

Comments
Post a Comment