TSFHA - Chapter 154



The day after receiving a call from the Crown Prince.

"Let's go!"

Ryan said as he led me to the training ground.

We stayed up all night brainstorming on the 'Save Nike Project' but couldn't find a suitable solution.

The biggest problem is that we don't know exactly what Elliot's purpose is for his expedition.

Is he suspicious of Nike and trying to dig up his back, or is he planning to kill him?

I can't be sure of anything.

So what?

“Whether I approach the Third Prince again later or not, I must first successfully complete this expedition.”

So, Ryan's conclusion is.

“It’s a push.”

Go around and around and hit again.

1. Let's go ahead and set out.

2. Fight while thoroughly protecting Nike.

3. At the same time, look at Elliot and directly understand the purpose and intention of his expedition.

This plan needed me.

To be precise, what is needed is a <retrograde poem> that can handle all variables.

In other words, I'm going too.

In the front line of the cursed land teeming with monsters.

"That's ridiculous. You really go. What are you going to do there, Miss?"

“Are you kidding?”

Jack and Rudy, who were approaching, spoke in astonishment. Former S-rank mercenaries, now precious family members who have become our private soldiers.

“Jack, Rudy. Hi.”

I sat on the dirt floor with Ryan and waved hello.

This is Belzer's training ground now.

This training ground, which the Cerberus mercenaries had created as soon as they entered Belzer, was well-maintained and polished by them.

Surprisingly, this is my first time here.

No, there's no need to be surprised. Why would I come to the training ground?

“What about Max?”

Kali asked.

“I’m here!”

Just then, Max, who had been training, approached me, wiping the sweat off his face with the towel around his neck.

Max is a handsome man with a puppy-like, gentle demeanor. However, his muscles are bulging and full of anger.

'Oh no.'

I immediately covered my eyes when I saw him coolly take off his shirt.

I don't want to see any other man's naked body besides Nike!

“Are you crazy? You don’t want to wear clothes?”

I heard Kali scolding him.

Max muttered, "Huh? Why?" and then let out a startled yelp as he noticed me covering my eyes. Then he felt someone hurriedly putting on clothes.

“Haha. Sorry, miss!”

"It's okay."

I put my hand down and looked around.

Now we're all gathered.

Frontline suppression force members who will help with the 'Nike Rescue Project'.

Leader, Kali.

Action Captain, Ryan.

Mercenary for a day, me!

Below are the top-tier Cerberus, including Max, Jack, and Rudy.

"Yes, captain! Now, let's announce our plan."

As Ryan spoke, Kali began to explain.

"The primary goal of this expedition is to secure the safety of the target. As I mentioned, the target is Elliot Wassenberg, the Third Prince and a person with supernatural powers."

Kali added, pointing to Ryan Jack and Rudy in turn.

"My lord, Jack, and Rudy will engage in subjugation near the target. Focus all your attention, including your eyes and ears, on the target. Remember, we must not create a situation where the target's life is threatened. Do not allow more than two demonic beasts to approach."

I told Kali that Nike was a power user and that whenever he was in danger, he would fight by briefly reverting to clear the death line.

So, our mission is to create a situation where Nike 'doesn't need to use his powers at all'.

"And Max will fight with the young lady at close range. You must secure her view, so you must not be injured or killed. Fight from a safe position where you can observe the overall battle situation at a glance."

“Wait a minute, time!”

Jack raised his hand.

"I thought you were joking, but you're really going to war? And you're even being deployed to the front lines?"

“No, Jack. I’m going secretly.”

I said that, brushed my skirt away, and stood up. I then approached Max, who was about to become one with me.

“Oh, really? Do I really have to fight while hiding the young lady in my arms?”

“Will that work? Heh heh.”

Ryan chuckled.

The Eyes of the Mirror - Footsteps of Darkness

I hid in Max's shadow, sharing his view.

I suddenly disappeared before their eyes.

Jack and Rudy were seen looking around with their eyes wide open.

The Eyes of the Mirror - Footsteps of Darkness

I said as I came out again.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll use this ability to hide.”

“Yes, I understand!”

“Yep! Captain, next explanation!”

The two immediately understood and turned to Kali. Despite the flash before their eyes, they seemed unmoved.

“Can you be a little more surprised?”

I said that, but Jack and Rudy were calm.

“I’m not really surprised, my God.”

“Yes, my God. I have even seen you bring a dead young master back to life.”

...Now, this level has become natural.

Kali continued speaking again.

"The Lord will issue battle orders from time to time. Even if they're difficult to understand, you must follow them unconditionally."

I keep an eye on the situation, and if something unexpected happens, I'll turn it into a <Retrograde Poem> for a few minutes.

And I inform Ryan of this with the Book of Sound. I can't return with him while I'm still hidden.

Then, Ryan, who heard my transmission, could give instructions to resolve the emergency situation that would occur in a few minutes.

"We don't know what Elliot Wassenberg intends to do with his cover target. However, if he determines that approaching the target is difficult, he may attempt to eliminate it."

Kali added with a sigh.

Towards Jack and Rudy.

"As you all know, he's a flame attacker. Since we're fighting at close range, there's a high chance we'll get caught up in it. No, there's a 100% chance we'll get caught up in it."

... Yes.

If he were to kill Nike, Elliot wouldn't just point and set fire to him unless he was stupid.

At the very least, they'll make it seem like it was an accident during combat. So, the entire area around Nike will be within Elliot's attack range.

"We've walked this path, prepared to die, but this is our first time directly fighting a person with superpowers. You'll be scared, but you must never run away."

"Kali, don't be so scary. Nothing's going to happen. If you get burned, I'll make sure you get better."

I told Jack, Rudy, and Max.

If Elliot sets fire, time will immediately rewind. If the damage isn't severe, it can be restored later.

However, there is no way to do anything about the immediate pain of having one's body set on fire, and if they are so afraid of that that they do not follow combat instructions at that moment, it becomes a problem.

“I’m sorry to ask you this.”

I sincerely apologize.

Jack said flusteredly.

“...? Miss! What apology? We weren’t even worried!”

“Yes, my God.”

Rudy seemed worried about me and even made a kneeling gesture as he spoke.

“This lowly servant would even roll around in flames for the sake of God...”

“Ahaha, what is it?”

"For a moment."

Then Max raised his hand and spoke to Kali.

“Captain, switch positions with me.”

"What?"

"The captain said to keep an eye on the young lady from the rear. I'll provide close protection for the target."

“Dismissed.”

"Why? It's right for the captain to stand in the rear. You should be in the safest possible position, so even if everyone else is unable to fight, you can still manage."

The two approached each other and stood facing each other.

What?

The atmosphere strangely became tense.

"I am the strongest. I command the battle with the lord from the closest position to the target."

"Are you going to argue like that? Then I'm the second strongest after the captain. Then shouldn't I be at the front, and Jack or Rudy be protecting the young lady?"

“No. You keep the young lady in the safest place.”

“I don’t understand. What’s the reason?”

“Why are you so nagging today? If you want to be nagging, then be nagging.”

Kali was resolute.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t do it this time. Switch positions with me.”

“Why are you being so stubborn?”

“Because I’m worried about the captain.”

...Ahhh?!

"You're crazy. Should I take that as a dismissive remark?"

“Ignoring you? Can’t you even worry?”

“You always said that.”

Kali came up to Max and said,

“The only one who can worry about me is someone stronger than me.”

“So, what are you saying that no one should worry about the captain?”

Max didn't give up and took it.

"He's a top-tier powerhouse among those with supernatural abilities. From what I've heard, even if you're with a young lady, you'll probably experience some kind of physical burn. Do you think the captain needs to handle it?"

"Why can't I handle it? What makes me different from you, Jack, or Rudy? Don't be so blunt, Max. You know better than anyone that I despise this kind of disrespect."

Kali looked angry.

We know what Kali means by "disrespect." She's been told time and again by those far weaker than her, "No matter how strong you are, you're still a woman."

So she was disgusted. First of all, because she was a woman, she was put in situations where she was put out in danger or placed in the rear.

"Why is he acting like that? He knows full well that Kali hates that kind of talk."

Ryan whispered next to me. He really didn't know, but...

'I, I think I know!'

Somehow, Max's worries seem to have nothing to do with Kali's gender.

That... that kind of feeling came!

“The lord and the young lady are here, so why are you making such a fuss? Just keep it to yourself.”

Jack intervened to try to mediate between the two.

“Max, the captain has been telling me not to think of her as a woman for a long time, so why are you acting like this?”

“I’m not telling you to go behind because you’re a woman.”

Max shook off Jack's hand that was trying to stop him.

“Then what? You said you were worried about the captain.”

“Oh, I’m worried.”

“Why are you worried about a captain who is much stronger than you, you idiot?”

“I do it because I like her, why?”

...!

Silence fell.

“?”

“?!”

“!!!”

“...?”

We were momentarily stunned, then slowly understood Max's words, each of us shocked.

The only ones who are calm are Max and Kali.

Max said to Kali, who had an indifferent expression.

“Can I worry now?”

“...”

Kali, who had been silent, sneered.

“...You're crazy.”

Leaving those words behind, Kali turned her back and left the training ground.

'Oh my gosh...'

It was a shock.

A confession attack from Max, a childhood friend and colleague who has been with Kali all her life since her hometown.

Everyone fell into stunned silence.

“This, now...”

After a long time, Ryan muttered as he looked at the empty spot where Kali had disappeared.

“Who will announce it now...?”


Previous                Next



Comments