THIBV - Chapter 14




A few days later, Isaac heard that there was an exhibition among the nobles.

Each family exhibited the works of sculptors they supported, and there were so many wonderful pieces that an entire large park was used as the exhibition hall.

The capital was in an uproar over the incident. Winston Manor was no exception.

But here it was a different kind of commotion.

"You didn't receive an invitation?"

Isaac's cold voice pierced Bridget.

Bridget lowered her eyes and said nothing.

"All the nobles of the capital were invited. Even the executioner was invited. Why weren't you invited?"

It seemed like Bridget's older brother Josh was playing with his lips.

Isaac went on a rampage, saying he couldn't understand why neither he nor Bridget were invited to the event where the noble's family had been Invited.

"No one has invited you since the last party, have they?"

"..."

"What on earth have you done behind my back? What kind of bizarre thing have you done to not receive an invitation?"

Isaac, who had been pacing around in front of Bridget, turned around to look at her.

"Could this be it?"

"...What do you mean?"

"At the party that day. Did you cause any trouble while I wasn't looking? Did you do something that would get you kicked out of noble society?"

Then Penelope, who had been watching Bridget listen to Isaac, stepped forward.

"Hey. Bridget, I wouldn't have thought that. She doesn't have the nerve to offend anyone. Right, Bridget?"

Although she pretended to speak kindly and calmly, she was actually just urging Isaac on.

Isaac heard Penelope's words and thought they made sense, so he argued with Bridget.

"Did you offend the Marchioness Cavendish, who invited us?"

"Never."

"We'll just have to wait and see."

Isaac came up to Bridget's nose and warned her softly.

"You received something, remember?"

It was a story about paying off one's parents' debt in exchange for marriage.

"If you've been given that much money, you should prove your worth. Either get an invitation or give me a string of children."

Isaac left those words behind and walked past Bridget, out of the study.

Bridget squeezed her eyes shut. The cold wind he had stirred brought back horrible memories of her past life.

Prove your worth. Isaac was good at saying that in his past life too.

Those words left me with a great sense of debt. After being gossiped about as 'Bridget the Puffball' and performing clown acts in front of noble ladies for a while, I was abandoned and all I could do was give birth to Isaac's child.

At that time, I thought I had to do something about it. So I clung to Isaac to the point of begging him.

"Can you come to my bedroom tonight, honey?"

I begged and begged my husband, who was deeply in love with his mistress, to hug me just once.

Even though I was rejected and my pride was hurt, I persistently begged and suffered all kinds of humiliation whenever I entered Isaac's bedroom.

I spent a miserable and shameful night without any sense of manners or respect, listening to complaints mixed with comments like, "Your body is stiff." "You don't feel like a woman because you don't have charm," and "Your figure is lacking."

One day, right after completing an act like defecation, Isaac looked down at .e and muttered this:

"It's like watering a dead tree. Isn't there something wrong with it?"

Although I tried hard to endure the humiliation, I could not have a child, and I endured miserable days crushed by mental pressure until I got divorced.

I shuddered as I recalled the anger and misery of that moment.

The discomfort clung to my whole body like mud. It wasn't just a feeling.

As I became emotionally vulnerable, magi came rushing in from somewhere and clung to my body, writhing.

'Get out of here, Bridget. It didn't happen in this lifetime.'

I tried to calm my mind.

Penelope, who had not left until then, clung to me affectionately.

The feeling wasn't much different from the feeling of being stuck to a magician, and it sent goosebumps up my arms.

"Are you okay, Bridget? You look pale. You're upset..."

Penelope thought I was upset because Isaac yelled at me.

"Don't worry too much. I'll try to appease him."

Penelope, who had been cold to me ever since the day she ruined my wedding gift, was secretly becoming friendly with me again recently.

I couldn't quite tell whether she wanted to reconcile or to give up.

It wasn't a very pleasant feeling to be comforted by my husband's mistress after an argument with him.

"Isaac sometimes gets so angry, but you know he's actually a warm person, right? You try to act a little more cheerful. Isaac is dying for Aegyo. Isn't he really cute?"

I forced a smile.

Penelope continued to talk about how Isaac was when he was with her and how good their relationship was, and then she said, "If you work at it, you can repair your relationship with him." and disappeared.

***

That night, Penelope was counting the number of colorful envelopes on her bed in her room.

"You received ten invitations? What?"

Many nobles who had learned of Bridget's one-on-one meeting with Millea at the last party were sending her invitations.

Penelope, unaware of this fact, was simply jealous of why the nobles were so interested in Bridget.

"But no matter how talented you are, Bridget."

Penelope smiled contentedly as she hid the envelope under the mattress.

While he was doing that, Isaac knocked and came in.

He came to spend time with Penelope and let out a shout of joy when he saw her lying sideways on the bed, smiling.

"Penelope, you are so beautiful."

Penelope looked sensual in a thin, transparent silk slip that showed off her silhouette.

"I've been waiting for you, Isaac. Come here."

Penelope seduced Isaac with her seductive voice.

Isaac frantically took off his outer garment and buried his face in Penelo 
pe's arms.

Penelope let out a loud scream and whispered as she gently stroked Isaac's body.

"Shall we go somewhere else today?"

"Somewhere else?"

"Everyone is asleep. It's a time when we can spend our time anywhere without any worries."

Penelope smiled and took Isaac's hand.

Isaac followed Penelope out of the room, his mouth-watering.

***

I was lying in bed, purifying myself. The magi that had clung to me earlier seemed to be bringing nightmares.

Then I heard a strange sound in my ears. Someone was whispering in front of the door.

A startled me held my breath and listened to the sounds outside.

"Shh, Isaac. Bridget wouldn't be happy if she found out we were doing this here."

"Oh, it makes me even more excited knowing that Bridget is listening."

"Oh...!"

"You really make me hot."

The sounds of my husband and his mistress were clearly heard throughout my room.

At first, they lowered their voices, but as time went on, they became lost in their own world and no trace of caution could be found.

'In the hallway...'

It had to be intentional. Isaac's room was on the opposite side of the hallway, so it was hard to believe he had lost patience on the way to his room.

I covered my ears with a pillow on my bed.

But the excited laughter of the two people pierced through the pillow.

'Don't worry, Bridget. I'm just sleeping.'

If something like this had made my heart tremble and made me cry, I wouldn't have been able to swear revenge.

But being able to fall asleep to that sound as a lullaby was a separate matter.

Even though I purified my magi, I still felt like I was having nightmares.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments