RAMHM - Chapter 62 < Grand Duchess's Bedroom >



Noevian's bedroom was completely silent. Jimsker, who had been sent to Countess Acacia yesterday, had returned in a bad state. Furious, he formally lodged an objection with the Emperor and requested that he sanction Rhodnes. However, the Emperor's reply was absurd. The Imperial Knights 2nd Squadron led by Rhodnes was currently occupying the Countess's residence under the pretext of investigating the 'disappearance of Baroness Kuroseda'. Jimsker doubted his eyes at the Emperor's reply that had arrived at dawn. Even in his opinion, Rhodnes's occupation of the Countess's residence was an act involving a great deal of personal emotion. Furthermore, the Emperor had heard from the Crown Prince that Noevian wanted to keep Blie by his side, and had even added that he should leave Countess Acacia alone. It was quite a ritual for the Emperor to attach a handwritten note to the end of an official letter, so Noevian stared at it for a long time.

“Your Highness, what should we do?”

“...”

He thought that Rhodnes would not stay still, but he did not know that he would be so blatant. This was already the second time he had used the expression 'my woman'. 

At first, Noevian had planned to bring in Blie and keep an eye on her so that she would not act rashly, and then send her to the territory for a while when the time was right. He had no intention of putting Blie in the position of Grand Duchess, which would be of great political use. Blie also said that she was using Rhodnes because she wanted to be by his side, so Noevian believed that she would not complain. After all, after the funeral, Noevian would stay in the territory more often than the capital. He had planned to bring a younger daughter from a family that would be more beneficial to him and put him in the position of Grand Duchess. However, if Rhodnes wanted Blie and wanted to put her in the position of Princess, then it was a different story. 

Doesn't that mean Blie has a choice? If she was like her usual self, she would have come running last night, even if it meant risking rudeness. Since he had granted her what she so desperately wanted, he bet she was in a hurry before he changed his mind, and she must have been very shameless in loading up her wagon with luggage.

“Sir Jimsker. What did your father say?”

"... Yes?"

“This morning, no one was guarding the main gate as if they were supposed to. Did they have any word for you?”

There was. Jimsker blushed as he recalled his father, Count Raylon, who had met him at the front gate on his way back to the Grand Duke's residence yesterday with his trousers wet.

“I'm sorry.”

“Aside from apologies, I want to know what you were talking about.”

'Since the Grand Duke ignores us like this, we have no choice but to do something else,' he said. Count Raylon had been a member of the Crown Prince's faction before Noevian became the Grand Duke, so strictly speaking, he was not in Noevian's faction but in the Crown Prince's faction. He had always been displeased with Noevian, who was still young and inflexible as the head of the Crown Prince's faction. 

Jimsker rolled his eyes, trying to choose what to say to Noevian. However, Noevian seemed to have understood everything he said through that short silence and did not ask any more questions. It was a conflict that had to happen at least once. Since they were loyal to the Crown Prince and not to him.

'Anyway, we have to solve the Blie problem first.'

He can't let Blie run wild any longer, and he can't let the Duke of Castagna influence me any longer.

"Your Highness?"

As Noevian stood up without saying anything, Jimsker approached him, flinching.

“I will go to the Count’s residence myself.”

Even if it meant clashing with Rhodnes, he had no choice but to bring her. The Emperor’s order could have been delivered late, and as the lord of the Count’s family, he would have the upper hand, so he had a good reason. 

Knock knock-. 

As soon as he picked up the jacket that had been carelessly draped over the chair, a knock was heard on the door of the quiet office. Noevian and Jimsker’s eyes simultaneously turned to the open crack in the door.

“Your Highness, Countess Acacia has arrived.”

Jimsker looked at Noevian in surprise at the butler's report. Noevian's face, which had been frozen like a rock just a moment ago, was noticeably relaxed. Jimsker thought that was quite unusual.

*** 

I saw off Rhodnes, who had gone to investigate the missing person's case with a worried face and headed to the Grand Duke's residence. I brought only Jonah and a few maids for now, not knowing what would happen to the servants. It seemed true that Noevian had instructed them to decorate my room in advance, so the Grand Duke's servants were not particularly surprised. However, Annie and her group were nowhere to be seen, and only Marie greeted me. I casually gave Marie the hat I had been wearing and looked around the bustling surroundings.

“Where is my bedroom?”

“I will guide you.”

Noevian's voice was heard from the upper stairs.

Contrary to my expectations that he would be very angry after yesterday’s commotion, his expression was slightly excited. However, instead of feeling relieved, my heart grew cold. When I saw his face excited at the thought of my body being placed at his feet and the government being together in this well-decorated grand palace, I couldn’t help but harden my expression. Perhaps because I didn’t notice that day, Noevian’s face was brighter than any expression I had seen recently. I laughed and placed my hand on his outstretched hand. From Noevian’s hand that I held tightly, I read the anxiety that must have tormented him all night.

“This is the bedroom you will be staying in from now on.”

The place he took me to was not my original bedroom, but the room next door. As soon as I entered, I saw the walls covered in a horrible pink that was Blie’s taste. Before I could frown, the butler Gaspard came in after me and started explaining how much effort he had put into everything. 

The large window let in a lot of sunlight. The horrible pink curtains hanging there and the chiffon curtains added a romantic atmosphere. The old-fashioned, huge console was made of some kind of high-quality wood, he continued with a trivial explanation. I listened to him with a bored expression and immediately waved my hand.

“Yes, then go out.”

"Yes?"

“Do I have to tell you twice?”

Gaspard shuddered as if struck by lightning, then looked at Noevian and left the bedroom. I naturally let go of Noevian’s hand and sat down on the new pink bed.

“Was the term ‘Grand Duchess’ just a title?”

“I guess there’s something you don’t like again.”

“Yes. The Grand Duchess’s bedroom is in the room next door. Did you think I wouldn’t remember a place I’ve been to before?”

“No. You can’t go there now.”

“Why?”

“Come if you want.”

"If you want to come." He spoke as if it were my room, so I stared at him with a confused expression. Noevian, who was facing me, opened the bedroom door that Gaspard had closed and opened his mouth to me.

“It’s basically my room right now. Come if you want to sleep together.”

“!”

“I’m not particularly pleased with the rumor that I’m having sex with the person I’m considering before my ex-wife’s funeral is over, but I’ll try my best to keep the word from getting out.”

It wasn't a funny joke at all, but he just laughed quietly and told me to rest before leaving.

“Rest?”

How dare you say something like that? Are you out of your mind? I bit my lip for a moment in disbelief, but soon after, Jonah came rushing in.

“Madam, I heard the Grand Duke is preparing to enter the palace?”

“Yes. I won’t go out to pick you up or anything.”

“Yes. But the Grand Duke ordered all the servants, except me, to return to the Count’s residence.”

“I knew it.”

I looked out the window at the huge carriage at the entrance to the Grand Duke's residence. Soon, I saw Noevian get into the carriage with hurried steps and leave.

“Jonah, call Marie.”

*** 

Marie, who had been called to me, answered my questions in a rambling manner. She said that since the theft, the Grand Duchess’s bedroom had been cleaned in front of Noevian and the door had been locked to prevent anyone from entering or leaving.

“Damn it. Lock the door?”

“Yes, yes!”

“Okay, I understand, so go out.”

Only after Marie left did I cover my mouth as I watched Jonah blink in surprise.

“Did I just say shit?”

“Yes. I thought you were serving His Highness the Second Prince.”

“Damn it. I was going to tell him about his foul mouth one time, but I ended up getting in trouble instead.”

“...”

“...Did I just say damn it?”

“Yes, but that’s okay, ma’am.”

Jonah smiled as if he had gotten used to being with Rhodnes and Neil for a few days. I slowly walked around the room covered in pink and lost in thought. I didn’t know how much freedom I had in this grand-ducal residence, but before Noevian drew a clear line, I tried to search the Grand Duchess’ bedroom and office first. That was because I had a reason to say I wanted to go there. However, the fact that the bedroom door, which was easier than the office, was locked meant that I had to waste the precious time that Noevian had left the house.

“Jonah. Bring me the most luxurious clothes from my suitcase.”

“...A noble outfit?”

"Yes."

The Grand Duchess's bedroom was connected to the Grand Duke's bedroom with a bathroom in the middle. Therefore, if you entered Noevian's bedroom, you could enter the bedroom through the bathroom. Coincidentally, the bathroom door could only be locked from inside the bathroom, so if you could enter the bathroom, it was only a matter of time before you could enter the Grand Duchess's bedroom. 

Knock knock-. 

Just then, there was a knock on the bedroom door. As Jonah opened the door while watching me, the maid Sophie walked in very slowly, leaning on her cane. Behind her, Annie's group followed in, their eyes almost buried on the floor.

“Welcome to the Grand Duchess’ residence, Madam. I am Sophie, the head maid.”

“Until I officially become the Grand Duchess, you may call me Lady Blie, Head Maid.”

"Thank you."

Sophie looked at the wide-open suitcase with gentle eyes.

“You can have your servants help you unpack.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that, my maid will take care of it. I was just about to go see you.”

“Is there anything you would like to tell me?”

“Prepare the bath water.”

I chuckled softly as Sophie's gaze naturally turned to the clock on the wall. I usually wash up before going to bed.

“Before His Highness the Grand Duke arrives, I would like to make some preparations in advance.”

As if she understood what I meant, Sophie's droopy eyes grew wide and her wrinkled cheeks flushed slightly.

“B, Blie?”

“I don’t think there’s much time left to prepare for a husband.”

Jonah looked up from my suitcase, searching for my clothes. I raised the corners of my mouth smoothly as I looked at Jonah and Sophie’s eyes, which were shaking violently.

“I’ll wait in His Highness’ bedroom. You all will understand, right?”

How wonderful it would be to see the mistress who had seduced the Grand Duke waiting for him in the bedroom as soon as he entered the Grand Duke's residence. It would be the icing on the cake if I could pretend to wait for him and enter the Grand Duke's bedroom.

“His Highness’s bedroom?”

“Yes. We’re going to be a couple soon, so what? Prepare the bath.”

“Then, the bath water...”

“I would like to use the bathroom in His Highness the Grand Duke’s bedroom.”

I search the Grand Duchess's bedroom until Noevian returns. That was my plan.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments