KFBRV - Chapter 26




Gisela. The greatest conman in the empire in the world of Redemption>.

She has a keen eye for detail and a gift for eloquence. She is good at deceiving others by pretending to be an astrologist.

In addition, she was Charlotte's greatest supporter in the group.

Gisela wanted to repay the favor to Charlotte, the pharmacist who had given her son an effective medicine.

'It was thanks to Gisela's deception of the guards that Charlotte, a commoner, was able to enter the palace and purify the Crown Prince.'

Later, it was also Gisela who told Charlotte that Odette was a 'fake Purifier'.

The secret Gisela heard from Ferdinand's nanny on this day in her previous life, at this very place.

3 years ago. The nanny barely escaped by shaking off the soldiers on the day when all the people in the town were killed to silence the Count's mouth.

The nanny, who was the sole survivor, ran away and lived a wandering life.

She even kept the fact that she worked for the Count's family a secret, fearing that the Count's family would pursue her and kill her.

But the nanny once lamented her strange life.

Only to the astrologer she met on Red Globoznik Street on the first day of the founding of the country.

“Really. I told you, it was only then? It was only then that I told you that you were a fake Purifier. To an astrologer named Gisela.”

“...”

“What are those eyes! Are you blaming me? I was drunk, what do you want me to do! You tongueless woman! Instead, I told you Mrs. Becker’s secret! So give me the bread you brought me. Don’t you feel sorry for me, who is dying?”

The nanny would be asleep on the street, drunk, by now, instead of meeting Gisela.

Holding tightly in her hand the silver coin that would have been paid to Gisela as usual.

'She'll probably never wake up again.'

The most criminal district in the empire. Holding silver coins on Red Globoznik Street.

Odette, who had been looking out the window, drew the carriage curtain and turned her head towards the nervous Gisela.

“You’re feeling much better now that you’re not shaking. Are you ready to talk now?”

At those words, Gisela's eyes filled with resentment.

“Did you do background checks on me? Did you park your carriage to target me?”

“I say again, change the pharmacist. You’re actually ruining your son’s health.”

“Please answer my question first.”

“If it was a question worth answering, it would have been answered long ago.”

Gisela closed her eyes for a moment and calmly collected her thoughts.

“You know, young lady, that I am a fraud, not an astrologer. You know my name, and that I am the only family with a son...”

“...”

“I live hand to mouth... The young lady’s attitude is clearly that of an aristocrat, not someone who would target me... It was clear that you were targeting me...”

Gisela calmly gathered her thoughts and finally came to a proper conclusion.

“You came to recruit me.”

“It’s worth using.”

“You don’t have much time. If you start by finding my son’s weakness instead of trying to persuade me, it means you don’t have time to put in the effort to persuade me.”

As expected, it was Gisela. She had excellent judgment.

'Of course, even if I had had enough time, I wouldn't have used a moderate method.'

It was impossible to 'persuade' Gisela, who was a silver-tongued orator, with words.

“What do you mean the pharmacist is ruining my son’s health?”

Odette smiled as if finally she had heard a question worth answering.

“Your son is vomiting blood not because of illness, but because of an old herbal medicine used by the pharmacist.”

"Oh my God..."

“If you want to get a fair reward, it’s better to threaten the pharmacist than to report him. Just take this for now.”

Gisela was handed a container containing round pills.

“It’s a heart medicine from Albrecht Pharmaceuticals.”

“This is...”

“You can tell by the blue label, right? This medicine is only sold to the nobility. No matter how much you have, you will never be able to get a medicine as good as this.”

In this game world, there was a rare disease that caused the size of the heart to gradually decrease. Once you contracted it, you had to take medicine for the rest of your life to survive. And Gisela's son had that rare disease.

“But if you do as I say, your son will take this medicine regularly.”

Gisela's hands began to tremble at her words. What she had in her hand was a potion she had never dared dream of obtaining.

“What should I do?”

“It’s not that difficult. Just pretend to be an astrologer like you always do and fool one person.”

Gisela, holding the medicine, nodded while bursting into tears. It was a medicine that could restore her son’s daily life. If she could give this medicine to her son consistently, Gisela would gladly give up her life.

“I’m thinking of finding a small house in a sunny place for you and your son. I’ll hire a doctor for you. There’s no better place to nurse and care for your son.”

Sobbing, Gisela kept mumbling, 'Thank you, God.'

How difficult must it have been to live in a neighborhood with such poor public safety, trying to keep a sick son alive?

For Gisela, who had to cheat to survive, Odette was like a lifeline.

“The store and the house will be ready in a few days. I will contact you as soon as they are ready. If you are going to do this deal, listen carefully to what I tell you from now on. First, you will need to establish a reputation as a proper astrologer.”

Odette handed over the paper. It was densely packed with information, with dates as if it were a book of prophecy.

“The things on this paper will happen exactly on this date. Get some fame somehow. I’ll send a contact to the house soon, so report back by letter.”

“Who am I supposed to deceive?”

“The very last page.”

At those words, Gisela unfolded the last piece of paper. A portrait drawn with great skill appeared on it.

Height, facial scars, moles, hair color. Even the impression and features were written in detail.

“Paula, the maid of Count Albrecht’s family.”

A drug from the Albrecht Pharmaceutical Company. The maid of Count Albrecht's family.

Gisela flinched at those words. She must have guessed her identity beneath the shadows because she swallowed with a frightened expression.

However, she does not ask Odette about her 'identity'. Gisela will probably continue to pretend not to know her identity.

Gisela asked a few more questions after that.

As the mouth is tight, there are no good chess pieces. Odette opened her mouth to find a great chess piece that could bring down her mother.

***

As promised, Odette dropped Gisela off at the place where she first got on. As she saw her leaving after saying goodbye dozens of times, she could see how embarrassed Gisela was by the opportunity she had given her.

A sunny house, the best medicine that could save her son and a store where she would work from now on. Odette was given a new life.

'The potion that Charlotte made for Gisela's son in my past life probably wasn't as good as the one I gave her.'

Although the heroine's skills were excellent, they could not be as effective as the medicine that hundreds of court pharmacists had to research for years to create.

'I deserve to pay my people a lot better than Charlotte.'

Odette doesn't have the kindness and loveliness that the main character has. So she decided to compete with the value of her name and money.

Her meeting with Gisela has gone well, now all that's left is to return to the mansion.

The coachman said that his horse was very tired from the gallop just now and that he would go and smoke a cigarette so that the horse could rest for a while.

As soon as the coachman returns, she can take this carriage and go home.

Odette opened her locket necklace and checked her watch.

'By the way, it's taking quite a while. I think I've had enough of talking.'

At that moment, someone knocked on the carriage door.


Previous                Next



Comments