TPITT - Chapter 110


I returned to my residence and sat down at my desk in my office, putting aside my thoughts about Michael.

As I had been away for a long time on a business trip, I had a lot to do as soon as I got back.

'Still, since Cedella is doing a good job as the Princess's proxy, I just need to receive her reports.'

My bath products business includes not only soaps but also cleansers, shampoos, and massage oils.

It expanded and excited the people.

Even though summer is just around the corner, the heat of hot spring bathing is not subsiding but rather is increasing.

“In particular, hair growth shampoos are gaining explosive popularity. Word of mouth has spread through the system and noblemen are inquiring about purchasing it.”

The Gnosis Academy was also making steady progress in creating a scholarship system in my name.

With Cedella having completed the basic tasks, all that remained was to select the scholarship recipients.

After reporting on various business and external activities, I gave new instructions.

“Tell Balbo Riblo my name and have him support the blacksmith in earnest.”

“Understood, Your Highness.”

Soon, a homunculus fighting tournament called the 'Summer Festival' will be held.

The martial arts competitions are held over two weeks in the imperial stadium, not in the palace.

That is because it is disclosed to the public.

The scale of the event was so large that people from all over the continent flocked to it.

The significance of the martial arts competition was that it was intended to spread the Emperor's authority by demonstrating the martial arts of the knights to the world.

Therefore, not only the homunculus that participate in the martial arts tournament but also the weapons they use receive a lot of attention.

'There's no need to say anything because the Night Ray that Michael has is truly a famous sword.'

I planned to step in before the Marquis Chansley could exploit Balbo with his unfair contract.

“I just had a thought, I think we should build a single house for the knights in the pioneer district. I think we’ll assign them based on their performance in the martial arts competition.”

“Then let’s see where the best house is?”

“No. Alben must have already seen it.”

“I guess that’s true.”

I and Cedella talked on the premise that Michael would win as if for granted.

After completing the basic report, Cedella came with a luxurious box. Inside was contained about five or six letters.

“Letters? Things that can’t be handled by Cedella?”

“Yes. This is a letter that Your Highness must reply to personally.”

“Who is that big shot?”

I picked up the letter on the top shelf, wondering. I opened my eyes wide when I saw the sender's name written as Limona Lund.

Cedella explained with a smile.

"A few days after Your Highness left the mission, Limona came to Arpel. Then I called her in pain and sent her back, and she sent me a letter every two days from now."

I began to read the letter quickly.

The letter expressed concern about my health and the current state of Limona herself.

It contained of apologizing for being busy and not being able to visit were written in cute handwriting.

I read the six letters quickly, then slowly again.

The heartwarming content brought a smile to my face.

But in the end, what took hold in my heart was guilt.

Isn't it like I'm pretending to be sick to get her true concern out of me?

I felt like my sins were increasing, in addition to the fact that I had hidden my identity.

“Ah, I fooled Limona again.”

“This time, it was my fault. I’m sorry.”

“What Cedella did is the same as what I did. By the way, what if Limona finds out about everything someday? I think she’ll be really angry.”

“Well, yes. I guess so. She might clench her fists and cry over the fact that she was deceived.”

"Ugh."

For some reason, Cedella was buried. She wasn't the one who always sided with me.

“But a commoner getting angry at the royal family? Isn’t that a privilege granted to friends?”

"Ah..."

I made an enlightened face, stopping pretending to hold my heart.

What followed was a defense worthy of a close associate, Cedella added.

“And it was inevitable that you lied about your identity. If you had revealed that you were the Princess, we would never have been able to start our relationship.”

“Then, is there any room for leniency?”

“It depends on Limona’s heart. If Limona likes you very much, wouldn’t she forgive you?”

“I have to do better.”

I, full of determination, sat up straight and began to report further.

“What social club does Limona go to?”

“Here is the list.”

I, who had returned to my Princess-like appearance, looked through the documents.

Fortunately, the names of the people related to the Marquis of Chansley were not included, but I did not forget to give them a warning in case of an emergency.

Tell Limona and the extremist to be extra careful because it will be known that Limona's guardian is me. Betty is probably in a state of high spirits to heal with rose potpourri."

“Understood. And I have important matters to report to you regarding the Third Princess, Your Highness.”

"What?"

“They say that Count Fritz entered the palace this morning.”

Count Fritz was a scribe who had served the Brigitte family for generations.

“Wow, not only is your fiancé Lord Belteo not enough, but also a bookworm? You’re really serious, Sister.”

I leaned back against the back of my chair, my eyes loosely closed, deep in thought.

Then, I suddenly felt curious.

“But how did Cedella know that?”

“That is... Your Highness is carrying out a great task by receiving the imperial command. I felt like I couldn't be comfortable. So what should I do? After much thought, I decided to try recruiting maids and servants from all over the palace.”

“Wow, as expected from Cedella. How can you be so capable?”

“You are too kind. It was easy because I had Your Highness’s support.”

Whatever the reason, the ability to build a network of information channels in the palace in a short time was admirable.

Cedella, too, was a talented woman who was enough to become a maid of honor when I became Emperor.

I moved on to the next agenda item.

“What happened to Josen Sanchez?”

“Count Sanchez is scheduled to be transferred to the Debonair prison near the capital this weekend. At that time, Lord Redmon will resume the interrogation.”

“Oh my. Debonair Prison? How horrible.”

The Debonair Prison was a place where demon hunting, judgment, and executions took place hundreds of years ago in the days of the gods.

It was the place where the most torture was carried out, meaning it was a historic torture site.

Alben was a large nobleman who seemed to have never heard of a weapon other than an eating knife.

There was a peculiar weakness and fragility.

But for some reason, he was holding various torture devices for display, with his back to the old-fashioned torch.

The image of him being happy was vividly drawn in my mind.

And I, his master, actively encouraged his evil taste.

“Tell Josen Sanchez to find evidence of Chansley’s sale of each stone, by any means necessary.”

Chansley is the epitome of a corrupt aristocrat. If yu put him in a corner by imposing hefty fines, you will be able to outline all kinds of dirty work to squeeze money.

At that moment, I was busy with state affairs.

Michael barely managed to pull himself together and returned to the knights' quarters.

In the room, Sylvestian had already arrived one step ahead.

He looked like he had just washed up and was half naked, with wet silver hair and a towel around his neck.

He went up and greeted Michael.

“Michael? Are you back now?”

"Yes."

“What a surprise you came later than me.”

After finishing speaking, Sylvestian looked at Michael carefully.

Michael's face was tired from not sleeping well the night before.

This, combined with the fact that it was the night of the banquet, led to a misunderstanding of Silves Tian.

“Ah, you also met the 7th Princess yesterday... Ah, no. I’m sorry.”

Suddenly the atmosphere became awkward.

'It would be nice to take a look at this guy rather than the Emperor.'

Michael was uncomfortable with the misunderstanding, but he felt a healthy sense of duty towards him as a direct subordinate of Rosenite.

It was impossible to reveal the truth about the merger.

The two had met again after a long time. They had met at the banquet yesterday, but each was a member of the royal family.

Since they were just decorations, there was no chance to vent.

Michael and Sylvestian greeted each other with joy.

“How have you been?”

“It was the same. That’s what palace life is like.”

“I’m glad nothing serious happened.”

“I heard that you did quite a lot of great things at your dispatch location.”

“What’s wrong?”

What Michael recalled at the moment was an accident at the end of the battle against Nepenthes in a hundred years.

He was feeling tense for no reason, but Sylvestian continued speaking.

“I heard that the homunculus’s fever was cured with mana drain.”

“Oh, that’s it? Yeah. That’s right.”

“That’s amazing.”

“The 7th Princess was the one who discovered the cause of the disease and suggested a treatment method. I just helped her.”

“It is a great honor just to be used for such an honorable cause.”

Sylvestian looked at Michael with envious eyes for having found a good master.

At that time, Michael had just finished treatment with Mana Drain and had a dream about the past.

He was recalling fragments of life.

'In my dream, I was the direct subordinate of the 8th Princess.'

Michael's eyes darkened.

The composition in which Michael himself occupies Sylvestian's place is heterogeneous. Then, whose direct knight was Sylvestian's in his last life?

'Surely it is not my Princess.'

Michael shuddered slightly at the tragedy that was too painful to imagine.

Moreover, it was questionable how Rosenite had imprinted him.

Sylvestian's imprint also took five hours, but how on earth did the 8th Princess get her hands on him, who managed to get a pension seat at the expense of it?

No matter how much he looked at it, it was not normal.

Michael opened his mouth cautiously, wondering if he might be able to get some answers from Sylvestian.

“Sylvie, can I ask you something? This might be a bit sensitive.”


Previous                Next




Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments