TPITT - Chapter 106



I opened my eyes wide. What surprised me was that the nobles' circumstances were the same, as they kept gasping for breath.

'Land and title?'

The Serenita County is only a small fiefdom on the outskirts, while the Empire has numerous Counts in proportion to its vast landmass.

At first glance, the lands and the title of Count might seem like insignificant prizes for the imperial family who enjoyed power in the palace.

Yes, but in reality it had a very special meaning.

The evils of polygamy and polyandry were a problem for the Emperor.

There were too many children. To prevent the abuse of titles or the creation of duchies, it was extremely rare for an emperor to grant a fief to his children.

Most of his children were married into the nobility with generous dowries, and only his heirs were given lands and titles.

So now Desmond II will be considering me as his successor.

It was no different from making a declaration.

'I didn't expect this.'

I looked up at Desmond II in surprise for a long time. A snicker fell over my head.

“There’s no response. It’s a gift that I’ve been thinking about for days, but you’re not satisfied with it?”

“Oh, no. Your gift is very great, Father.”

I hastily gave an example.

Desmond II looked down at me with pleased eyes as I showed flawless movements despite my confusion.

“I would like to reconcile with the Princess, but I have a lot of things to take care of, so I don’t think I can stay long.”

“Even though you are busy with construction, you illuminate the place with light like day. Your kindness is truly infinite. I will visit you tomorrow, Father.”

“Okay. Let’s do that.”

Finally, Desmond II turned to the nobles and said.

“Thank you for gathering here to welcome the return of the 7th Princess. Now, take your time and enjoy yourself.”

“Blessings and glory to the Sun of Hadelamide!”

After Desmond II left the banquet hall, there was a great uproar.

I was lost in thought amidst the deafening noise.

Michael came and examined me.

"Your Highness."

"Ah."

I let out a small gasp as if waking up from a dream.

When I came to my senses, Alben congratulated me bitterly and pitifully.

“Kuhaha. I'm reducing it, Your Royal Highness. Actually, I was expecting a title, but His Majesty really gave you the title and fiefdom. Now that it's come to this, the Hadelun Times will publish a correction tomorrow. What about the 5th place? You'll tie for 1st place, and even if you're not good at it, I'll predict the 2nd place. Shall we pick the headline, too? " The 3rd Princess, falling from the unshakable No. 1 to the floating No. 1!" How about that?"

“It’s so provocative that it’s admirable. I’m so glad to have such a loyal subject who seems to be good at media relations.”

“Hehe, thank you.”

“By the way, a title Countess, I feel strange.”

“You just got a reward commensurate with your efforts.”

Alben also did not forget to give some sharp advice.

"From now on, you must keep your head up, because the young men will rush to Your Highness. Wouldn't they think that if they succeed in getting your attention, they will be the Count if they do well?"

“Ha... That must be tiring.”
"It's not just the same people. there will be the same bandits who would like Your Highness to bring your estate as a wedding dowry. They're stupid people who can't read the times. There's one there, too."

"Yes?"

I glanced at the direction Alben had pointed. Alben gave me more precise coordinates.

“In front of the third pillar.”

“No, he is..."

A flirtatious handsome man with rich blond hair was waiting for his chance to approach me.

'Phelios Limitiello.'

He was the eldest son of the Marquis of Limitiello.

Phelios and Calix, brothers, look very similar, but the feeling is completely different. The brother was sad and gentle. If he was a handsome man, his younger brother was a neurotic and cynical handsome man.

The current heir to the Marquis of Limitiello was officially Phelios. He was considered a strong candidate to be Rosenite's fiancé because he was a man with power, wealth, and good looks.

I knew little about the social world from my past life.

I tried to remember.

'In my past life, Rosie had no fiance. Maybe she had the next Marquis of Limitiello in mind, but the marriage fizzled out when the successor changed to Calix. Well, by then Rosie would have been so obsessed with Michael that she wouldn't have been interested in a political marriage.'

I felt sick when I thought of Michael from my past life. I quickly gathered my thoughts.

Anyway, now Phelios is unofficially Rosenite's man.

It was a calculation.

I, who wanted nothing to do with my greedy step-sister, was disturbed by Phelios' interest in me.

At that moment, Alben appeared to bow deeply.

“Oh. The lord is giving me a look telling me to get away from His Majesty quickly. I will take my leave now, as you must also receive congratulations.”

“See you later.”

"Yeah!"

As soon as the shield called Loyal Alben disappeared, the nobles flocked to me.

“Your Highness, I congratulate you on receiving the imperial decree!”

“His Majesty’s favor is pouring down on Her Highness the Seventh Princess. I salute you!”

For a long time, I was surrounded by people who congratulated me and thanked me one by one.
Several nobles greeted me, such as the long-legged ones that Alben had warned me to be careful of. They made every effort to catch my eyes in the name of celebration.

“I heard that Serenita has a crescent lake as clear and beautiful as your nature.”

“A lake that resembles Your Highness, I really want to see it with my own eyes someday.”

“The Serenita estate is close to our Odellon Barondom. How about staying close to a northern aristocrat like me for the future?”

“I’m from the North too, and that’s true. Relationships are important. I can help you a lot with the management of your estate."

It was an effort to somehow make room.

I responded flexibly and with a smile the whole time.

"Thanks to the good wishes of the ceremonies. I also think it is necessary to socialize with the northern aristocrat."

“What do you mean...?!”

“After the social season ends this year, I will invite the ceremonies to the Serenita estate.”

“Oh!”

“But now, I am fulfilling my role and duties as a Princess. Since I must be faithful, I will send Alben Redmon as my representative. Please think of Lord Redmon as me and treat him with care.”

“Then I’ll take my leave.”

They were disappointed by the powerful shield of the summoned Princess again. Leaving them behind, I escaped with Michael elsewhere.

Just when I thought I had barely avoided the stray dogs, before I could catch my breath, I met a robber.

Phelios approached me holding two glasses of wine.

“Greetings from Phelion Limitiello. It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness.”

“Nice to meet you, Sir.”

I casually handed the glass of wine I had received to Michael and answered soullessly.

On the other hand, a rich-blonde handsome man squeezed his soul into me and smiled pretending to be deadly and charming.

Of course, it had no effect on me, who lived seeing Michael's face every day.

“You have received an award worthy of the grand prize. Congratulations.”

“Thank you for the congratulations.”

“When the throne changes and you become the new Princess, you will be called Countess Serenita. It is a beautiful name that suits Her Highness the 7th Princess very well.”

To some, it might have been work, but to me, it was tantamount to picking a fight.

'What if I become the Princess?'

It was a statement that assured Brigitte that she would become Emperor.

Phelios who couldn't read the mood. He went a step further and added.

“May I address you by that title?”

“Please give me the honor of being the first to put that beautiful sound into my mouth.”

It was meant to be called Countess Evienrose Serenita, not Her Royal Highness the Princess.

The one who reacted terribly here was Michael.

“Youngsik, do you dare to mention Her Highness the Princess’s name now?”

“No, what's the matter, Lord Agnito? Her Highness has just given the Countess, so I asked for it because I thought it might be a pleasure to be called by Serenita's last name."

“Her Highness was not demoted from Princess to Countess. Did you say that it would be rude to lower her position and call her the Countess, even in public?

“Huh? No, that’s, that..."

It was when Phelios realized his mistake too late and exclaimed, “Oh no!”

Michael concluded with a grim warning.

“From this day on, you will be called ‘Your Highness’ in front of the Princess. If you dare to call her by any other title, I will consider it as challenging me to a duel.”

“That, that... I didn’t mean to insult Her Highness. There’s no need to be so sensitive, is there?”

Phelios seemed to want me to stop Michael.

Of course, I had no intention of doing anything nice for him.

“Agnito’s skills are outstanding, so he deserves it.

“It will be hard to find a competent knight. I hope there will be no more rudeness.”

“...I’m sorry. I’ll be extra careful.”

“Okay. Then I guess I should go now. I think our conversation went on for too long.”

"Yes?"

This guy, who couldn't understand what I was saying, gave me a small rebuke.

“Have you forgotten that Rosenit was invited to the banquet today?”

"OMG!"

Phelios looked around the banquet hall in surprise.

As expected, Rosenit, who had appeared at the banquet hall, was watching his opportunistic behavior.

Phelios let out a sigh.

“Well, it has been a pleasant conversation. Well then, I will take my leave now, Your Highness.”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments