TPITT - Chapter 105


I looked at Michael awkwardly.

However, it was difficult to read anything from the face, which was covered by a lace blindfold and only the lips were visible.

Lips.

I quickly shook off the thought that had briefly crossed my mind.

Just when I was starting to tire of learning the hickey theory, I finally started having productive conversations.

“By the way, what are Sir Agneto’s ear decorations? They’re not earrings.”

“I’ve been curious about it for a while now. It’s so new and beautiful that I keep looking at it.”

The opportunity has come to naturally promote Michael's ear cuffs.

“This is a special piece of jewelry called ear cuffs, ordered by the Lady Ameloth. I asked you to decorate Sir Agneto’s ears beautifully.”

“Oh my, oh my. It’s really beautiful. I think my husband would like it.”

“Khome, I too was feeling empty-headed at the time. You said she was Lady Ameloth, right?”

Just then, Julia and Alben were entering the grand banquet hall. My effective publicity brought a surge of nobles flocking to Julia.

I, having some free time, went to the standing table and had a drink.

I took a break, stretching my neck. But my leisure time didn't last long, because an unknown person approached me.

“Your Highness, how are you?”

“Yes. Nice to meet you. By the way, Young Master’s name is...?”

“I am Carlo, the third son of the anti-establishment author. I greet Your Highness the Seventh Princess.”

“Oops. It was a self-made ceremony. Excuse me.”

“Haha, no.”

It didn't seem like he had any particular business to attend to. As I was wondering why he had approached me, other young men surrounded me.

“Hello, Princess 7. I am Isaac, the second son of the Count Sorot family.”

“Hello, Your Highness the Beautiful and Wise Seventh Princess. I am Anatole of the House of Gustes.”

“It is an honor to meet you, Your Highness. I am of the Brozio family..."

In this way, about fifteen young men, most of whom I didn't even know by face or name, came and greeted me.

Not only that, but they spoke to me actively and responded sincerely to whatever I said.

Only good words to hear were exchanged around me, and as soon as the glass in my hand was emptied, they brought a selected non-alcoholic drink.

They were smiling infinitely at me, but when my gaze moved aside a little and turned to others, they became fierce.

They were clearly competing to win my favor.

'What, what is it? Why are the young lords suddenly doing this to me?'

It was the first time in my life that I had received such treatment. Michael took my place, who was flustered, and appropriately struck down the men.

“Her Highness has had enough to drink. Please stop offering drinks.”

“Oh, yes..."

At that moment, my eyes caught sight of Alben, approaching from a distance.

“I must be going now, as I have something important to discuss with my subjects. We will talk again later, gentleman.”

I used Alben as an excuse to escape through the gaps between the young men.

Alben was waiting for me at a standing table with drinks.

“Hahaha, Your Highness. You seem to have had quite a hard time.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. First, Alben, let’s have a toast to your loyalty.”

“Ugh. Thank you.”

I handed the white wine to Alben and they clinked our glasses. Then the men who had surrounded me earlier sent a stinging gaze at Alben.

'How dare you accept a glass of wine from Her Highness the 7th Princess!'

The eyes of the men were clearly saying that. We were under an unknown restraint.

I was again taken aback, but Alben sipped his wine as if he had expected it.

"No wonder they're like that. Your Highness's position has changed drastically because of this ball. I just read Hadelun Times today and found that your rank is 5th."

“Fifth place?”

If the ranking is fifth, it will be a significant succession. I have risen to the rank of those in power who sought to take the throne in earnest.

"Where is your power? You have money. You have an excellent appearance. And you have a good personality, don't you think? The Young men will turn on the lights and rush in. Ha! Your Highness is so perfect as a bride!"

I felt embarrassed, thinking that he was being flattered. However, Alben smiled wickedly as if to prove his sincerity.

“Hehehe, it’s the best time to build up your power through a political marriage. Let’s keep it this year and start from next year’s social season. I think it would be good to find out more about it. Hehehe..."

Now I see that he was excited at the thought of selling me off for a high price.

“So, even if the Young Masters try to tempt you by any means necessary, you should never give in. No, of course, Sir Agneto will be able to keep the flies away.”

Since Michael was mentioned, my gaze naturally turned to him. But Michael was surprised at Alben's words.

He stood there, forgetting to answer.

“Sir Agneto?”

“...Yes. Of course.”

It was an answer that was barely uttered. I looked at Michael with a puzzled look.

Even though his expression was hidden by a lace blindfold, Michael had to hide it more.

He turned his head slightly as if he had something to do.

In that state, Michael opened his mouth.

“Her Royal Highness the Third Princess is approaching from the 10 o’clock direction.”

Brigitte was walking in a straight line with her fiancé, Lord of Marquis Belteor.

I did not avoid Brigitte but greeted her with a smile. It was anticipated what kind of words of wisdom she had prepared.

“Welcome back, Eve.”

"Thank you, Betty.”

"Father going to give you a big credit today. At the banquet, at the table, it's going to be a very happy day."

“I also received congratulations from my sister, so it couldn’t be better.”

"Congratulations are often heard here and there. It would be a pity if I only gave a common congratulatory message to my sister. In that sense, I would like to give you a piece of advice as an older sister..."

Brigette came closer to me. We smiled at each other.

The two looked as affectionate as sisters about to embrace. Bridgette smiled even more deeply and said,

“Don’t be proud.”

I thought as I listened to the leisurely voice. This was indeed a worthy remark from Brigitte.

Brigette has a long-boasted political influence, unlike me, who just entered politics. naturally, Brigitte has already received numerous awards from Desmond II.

Even though I have made great achievements, I still have a long way to go to catch up with Brigitte.

It was like a leap forward.

“As expected, Sister Betty. You are so kind.”

I smiled, indicating that it was very helpful advice.

“You’ll be an uncommon protagonist. Enjoy it to the fullest.”

Brigitte left behind an arrogant remark that would have made anyone who heard it think she was the host.

Alben approached me again.

“Her Highness the Third Princess has chosen her fiancé as her partner instead of her direct knight.”

“Ah, you saw it too. Marquis Belteor is in the middle of a military business that has the entire empire in its hands. They are influential, but they are not part of the central noble family. Besides, their marquisate is very far from the imperial capital.”

“There must be a reason why you sent your son, who was taking groom training to become the Princess’s husband, away.”

Just by saying this, the two people seemed to have already figured out the general situation and exchanged laughter.

“Let’s talk politics later. Today is a banquet. Enjoy it.”

“Yes, Your Highness. Would you like some of my drinks as well?”

"Of course."

Alben agonized over choosing a drink. Because Michael drank a glass of a small amount of alcohol, Alben failed five times and could only offer the glass to me.

After that, we went to find Julia, Anais, and Olivier.

We had time to let out our frustrations. Unlike the last banquet, I was surrounded by my people.

At that time, the atmosphere in the banquet hall changed.

“His Majesty the Emperor has arrived!”

“Blessings and glory to the sun of Hadelamide!”

The master of the empire appeared, overwhelming everyone in the banquet hall.

'You're finally here.'

I also bowed my head and greeted him politely.

Desmond II spotted me from a distance and smiled contentedly.

It was the same face as any other father looking at his great-child.

It was obvious that he wanted to call me over and talk to me right away, but he didn't do so.

Today's banquet was different from a simple banquet for fun and enjoyment. It was a formal celebration of the achievements of a subject as a monarch.

“Seventh Princess, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamide, please come forward.”

The solemn voice of the Emperor filled the air of the grand banquet hall.

I broke away from Michael and walked across the banquet hall alone.

“Blessings and glory to the Sun of Hadelamide. See you, Father.”

“Raise your head.”

The stage where Desmond II was standing was two stories high and had to be reached by climbing a long flight of stairs. My head was bent painfully.

The nobles held their breath and watched me and Desmond II. A tense sense of anticipation filled the banquet hall.

“Everyone is waiting, so I think it would be best to get to the point quickly, Your Majesty.”

The chamberlain unrolled a scroll stamped with the Emperor's seal and began to read.

“The 7th Princess, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamide, not only discovered the existence of the magic light but also discovered the actual magic light. Completed the important mission of finding the magic stone. We were faced with the problem of depletion of magic stones. Considering the state of the empire, this can be considered a great achievement for the salvation of the nation. Therefore, in recognition of her merits, she was awarded a great reward in the name of the Emperor..."

Gulp. 

It was when the sound of spit being swallowed could be heard here and there in the banquet hall.

“I hereby grant the title of Serenita and Countess to the 7th Princess.”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments