Moonlight - Chapter 9




I've already been on the brink of death several times.

Even when I was lost in Roswell and trapped in the ruins, I thought. 

'This is the end of my life.'

But that was two years ago.

It seemed like I didn't care if I died like this.

Yes, I've done everything I wanted to do in this world, done everything I wanted to do, and made my mother very angry and did a lot.

Well, It's a bit of a shame that I've never been in a relationship or gotten married.

Oh, I also wanted to try the famous dates in Kracha.

They say it tastes so sweet.

I also wanted to try smoking shisha.

I was planning to buy one of those and take it to my mom as a bribe!

It won't work.

I was determined to survive somehow, because of the will to live that suddenly emerged from nowhere.

Yes, I must live, even if it means candying Ra Kun.

No matter what happens!

"Do you know, Lady?"

It was Nur who brought me, who had been vowing to survive somehow, back to reality.

I returned to my normal self after clutching my head.

Nur glanced beside me with an uneasy expression.

I turned my gaze there.

The one standing there was the maid who had led me away when I first came to this palace.

Nur bowed her head politely, perhaps because she was of a higher status than Nur.

I looked at the woman who was staring blankly at me.

At that moment the woman spoke quietly.

"Ra Kun is calling."

***

I looked uncomfortably at the huge door blocking my way.

That door I've seen before.

The large door, which was at least three times my height, was engraved with a strange pattern.

There was a pattern.

I didn't notice it when I came here before because I was so focused on other things, but I definitely know it now that I see it today.

The door was pretty.

It is a delicacy that seems impossible to imitate.

Judging by the amount of care put into just one door, this building was truly a masterpiece of human heritage, created by a craftsman pouring his artistic soul into it. 

Then what, the guy living here is a bad guy.

The maid guided me silently to the door, then paused for a moment. I began to prepare myself mentally during that brief moment.

Nothing's going to happen, right?

It'll be okay.

At first, I didn't know what kind of place this was and just walked in, but now I know where it is.

Audience room.

Yeah. It was the audience room where I meet the damn Ra Kun. I swallowed my saliva without realizing it.

It's such a big door, but it opens without a sound even with the strength of a small woman.

I felt as if I was entering a ruins site, and passed through a door I had seen before.

The central road continues straight as soon as you enter the doоr.

And ample space is provided on the rising stairs.

A place prepared for just one person.

As expected, the man was there.

"I brought her."

The maid bowed her head politely and then immediately withdrew as she had done before.

'Sister, where are you going?'

I barely resisted the urge to grab the maid passing by and took a deep breath to adjust to the unfamiliar air.

The air in the audience room was surprisingly cold.

Is it just a glacier here? Why is it like this every time I come?

I had been deliberately keeping my gaze fixed on the floor since I came in, but I was nervous about the gaze that clearly revealed his presence.

I'm so scared I can't raise my head.

The gaze that was focused solely on me was truly surprisingly firm.

If I did it right, I felt like I could get my head pierced.

"How long are you going to avoid my gaze?"

An excessively low and languid voice.

I took a deep breath and tried my best not to get swept away.

Anyway, the voice is to my taste to the point of killing me.

I swallowed dry saliva and raised my head.

I tried my best not to show any expression, but I couldn't completely hide the fact that I was nervous.

"I was thinking about it."

"What?"

"I prepared myself mentally."

I tried my best to not let anyone know that I was shaking.

But as soon as our eyes met, the man noticed my condition.

"Looks like you're ready now."

"..."

Damn. Nothing is going my way.

The narrowed eyes filled with laughter made me take a step back without realizing it.

I felt unfamiliar with myself, reacting to each and everything frighteningly.

I wasn't shaking because I was scared.

Still, I was shaking.

Why on earth?

I know that if I say one wrong word, I will definitely get my throat cut off.

Still, I didn't like the fact that I was shaking.

A suffocating tension tightened my nerves.

Despite the considerable distance between us, I felt as if the man was standing right in front of me.

What should I do with this presence?

"Did you have a nice night in the harem?"

A voice asks indifferently and passes by.

I swallowed the groan that came out unintentionally and tried hard to appear calm. Do I look like I'm having a good time now?

Phew, I'm already feeling angry. but thankfully I haven't let it out yet.

Hold on, hold on. There's no point in talking back here. Last night will just be a repeat of itself.

Fortunately, I had the reason and patience to do so.

I clenched my teeth and smiled brightly.

The oppressive air was still so thick that it made my throat swell.

But that doesn't mean I should speak out openly in times like these.

I decided to take a detour.

"Thank you for your consideration. I was very happy and satisfied. I hope you had a peaceful night, Ra Kun."

A soft and gentle voice flowed through 
the silent space.

Although it was only for a moment, I didn't miss the moment when Ra Kun's expression became disheveled.

It was a reaction as if he had seen something he shouldn't have seen, but it was okay.

Haha, I'm satisfied. This method is the best.

But my eyebrows furrowed at the response that followed.

"No."

"..."

No, this person?

While I paused for a moment, Behidat laughed.

"I'm a little tired because a cat that came in from somewhere kept making noise all night and I couldn't sleep."

Are you talking about me now, you piece of shit?

A subtle smile played on Behidat's lips.

I didn't want to admit it, but it was terribly fascinating.

I barely managed to hold back my frown.

Ra Kun's gaze narrowed as he noticed that I was very upset.

I felt uneasy for a moment.

"If you like my harem that much. I'd like to allow you to live with me for the rest of your life. What do you think?"

Are you kidding me?

I barely suppressed the urge to scream.

Calm, calm!

I can't get angry here. Whoa. whoa, calm down!

I barely smiled.

"Thank you, but I must politely decline."

"Yes?"

Behidat laughed heartily at the words I had barely managed to say with a smile.

Oh, if only that weren't the King.

My stomach is seething.

But it was even more frustrating because it was something I couldn't bring up openly.

I clenched my fists, trying to remember to be patient as much as possible.

No, I can't get involved with that guy!

The man's gaze finally reached the real me.

A sharp gaze as if ready to devour.

As before, it was a gaze as if he was watching prey.

It was embarrassing.

I was used to other people's gaze. But this kind of gaze was familiar

Although it is hard to say for sure. Behidat's gaze definitely made me feel as if I was standing there naked.

Of course, I'm wearing the right clothes.

"It was clearly an untamed cat last night, but it suddenly became quiet today."

Behidat, who was smiling languidly, got up.

The intimidating feeling from the tall figure was the same whether he was sitting or standing.

Still, I was more oppressed.

I couldn't understand why the man had gotten up.

What the heck, what on earth are you doing?

'Or is there another ulterior motive?'

I want to run away somewhere.

I had that thought as I watched Behidat getting closer, step by step.

I was surprised by the unfamiliar reaction.
I want to run away?

It was only a little bit, but my feet were really shaking as if I was trying to run away.

Oh, what on earth should I call this feeling?

I'm going crazy.

It was a feeling I had never experienced before.

I didn't notice it before because I was confused, but now it was different.

I feel like my whole body is drying up.

It didn't feel like this when I was wandering around the desert, exposed to the blazing sun.

The biggest problem of all was that I couldn't turn my eyes away from that gaze.

It's confusing.

This was a completely different kind of confusion than before.

It was just a fleeting moment, but it was truly scary.

Behidat, who had come up to the front in an instant, bent down to meet my gaze. The gap between us has become much closer.

I feel like a sheep standing before a beast, helpless.

I sucked in a breath of air.

The gaze pressing down from directly above was heavy.

The glaring eyes as if ready to devour me at any moment, carefully examined my face.

It was a time that felt like an eon.
It felt like if anything went wrong at any moment, the nape of my neck would be ripped off.

I groaned quietly, holding my breath.

An unfamiliar silence flowed.

I didn't want to break this tension as much as possible, even though I didn't know who, when, or how it would be broken.

Because I don't know what will happen after this tension is broken. I didn't even want to know.

That was when.

The red eyes that stopped at my ears flashed.

Suddenly, the body that had been imprisoning me fell away.

I let out the breath I had been holding.

I don't know why, but I thought it was fortunate.

"That's interesting."

You're just sitting there talking like It's fun. I feel like I'm dying right now, so this is fun. 

Although I felt like hitting him, I just wanted to quietly walk away.

Behidat had no intention of moving away.

We just kept a certain distance apart.

He had no intention of leaving me alone.

"How did you get out of prison?"

"The door is open."

"Why on earth were you in the desert?"

"I told you. I'm traveling."

I don't know what you want. 

I grumbled. It was the first time that it was so difficult to read a person's thoughts.

What the hell does this guy want?

No matter how much I look into his eyes, I can't read his thoughts.

As if they were creatures living in another dimension.

For a moment, a cold sneer crossed the man's lips.

"Has there ever been a traveler in the world who traveled through the desert of death?"

Although it was clearly a mockery, I frowned as if asking what was going on.

"Desert of Death?"

"It's a phrase that refers to a land that never gets wet even when a lot of rain falls during the rainy season. It's the place you and I passed through."

"..."

Was that such a great place?

For some reason, whenever I took out money to ask for guidance in the desert in Surt, they looked at me like I was crazy.

It seems like there was a reason for all that.

I remembered the magic that would make all the guides who gathered to see the money disappear in an instant whenever I said that I had to go to the desert.

One of the guides as if doing me a favor, told me where to go.

Even the tour guide probably didn't know that I would actually go there?

"You have beautiful hands."

"Ugh."

While I was lost in thought for a moment, Behidat came within arm's reach.

It was a close distance, almost like wrapping my waist, almost like embracing.

I tried to move away, but it was already too late.

I bit my lip as I saw the strong hand grabbing my hand without permission.

I tried my best not to show my expression, but this rotten person...

I took a deep breath, cursing inwardly.

My body began to tremble faintly.

"What is the purpose of your coming here?"

The low midrange sounds dug in.

As if my body was tied up, I couldn't move easily.

I frowned and tried to pull away.

Something feels uncomfortable in this position.

I also didn't like the fact that I was reacting so meekly.

It suddenly got hot.

Why?

"I told you I had no intention of coming to Pesian in the first place. How many times do I have to tell you that I was on my way to Kracha?"

"What is the purpose of going to Kracha?"

Behidat asked coldly, without any hesitation.

His gaze returned to my eyes again.

Red eyes.

I didn't know it until just now, but something hidden behind this arrogant gaze was holding me captive.

"A simple journey."

A low voice was heard before I could even open my mouth.

Behidat, who had spoken first as if he had noticed my next words, smiled sourly. 

"If you say even one word. I wilI shut your mouth right now." 

How on earth are you going to stop it?

I wonder how on earth you can keep my mouth shut in this position.

No, I don't want to know.

I was scared...

I was just scared.

I don't know what's scary, but this situation itself is scary.

What is this feeling?

I desperately tried to think, but the touch of his hands and the feeling of his breath nearby made me experience a miracle where all my thoughts scattered like a mirage.

"...Hey, I heard that dates are delicious, so I wanted to see what the house in the desert was like, and also..."

There were certainly numerous reasons.

Unable to meet his gaze any longer, I looked down first.

My breathing is getting harder and harder.

I was worried.

You'll hear my breathing.

You can definitely hear it.

I tried to muffle my breathing somehow, but it was already too late.

It was I who lost my composure.

"Also..."

Oh, shit. I can't remember.

Now my voice was almost on the verge of crying.

The breath that barely escapes becomes Increasingly rough.

At that moment, our eyes met a gain.

"Also..."

It's close, but it's too close.

The face was right in front of my nose.

It's a distance where if you make even the slightest mistake, your noses will touch.

As soon as I realized the distance, I held my breath without realizing it.

I feel like I'm losing my sense of reason.

I'm barely, really barely holding back the feeling of wanting to push it away.

Why on earth am I like this?

It was a moment when my mind was paralyzed by the unbelievable reality.

Knock knock, at that moment a small touch woke up both of us.

"Your Majesty, the secretary has arrived."

The tension, which was as tight as a thread that seemed ready to snap at any moment, was instantly broken.

Thinking this was my chance, I quickly turned my gaze to the door.

As the door opened, my mind naturally cleared as the cold air flowed in.

At that moment, a strange man came in through the door.

It was my first time seeing a man in unfamiliar clothes, but I was happy to see whoever it was.

Messiah!

My eyes sparkled fiercely.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments