IHMEB - Chapter 266 < Provocation Instead Of Confession >




“Kaian. It doesn’t feel like a good time, but I want to kiss you.”

It was not that my hands were already full of miscellaneous things I had bought at the market.

Sometimes, when I saw Kaian, I would feel impatient to kiss him.

My affection for him would boil over in my chest.

At those times, I couldn’t help but feel like I was going crazy trying to tell him how much I truly loved him.

That’s why I had to add some kind of reason.

“Because thanks to you, I have memories now.”

“Oh, let’s just pass.”

As I stopped walking in the crowded market, the people passing by looked annoyed and avoided us.

“Oh.”

A man roughly pushed my shoulder and the frost that passed by pulled the hood I was wearing back, revealing my red hair in the crowd.

“Huh. Red hair.”

“Then that person...”

Only then did the surroundings, who seemed to recognize me and Kaian, stop in their tracks and surround us without moving.

“What! Don’t block the road!”

“Don’t stop, let’s go!”

The commotion that had started a little while ago as they pushed me away spread to the surroundings as several people stood there blankly, staring at my hair blowing in the wind.

“Oh. This is difficult.”

Kaian calmly put my hood back on and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into his arms.

“Kaian.”

I was flustered.

While my feet were dangling without touching the ground, Kaian lightly carried me and successfully passed through the crowded market. Kaian set me down on my feet as we entered the entrance of an inn.

“To the most expensive room.”

“Oh. Your Highness. Thank you. This way.”

Since it wasn’t a good time to travel, the inns were empty wherever we went, so we rented out almost all of the pretty good places in Temnes.

There were more than 60 people who had to stay, so renting one or two rooms wasn’t going to work.

“If it were my uncle, he would have let the guards stay at a cheaper inn.”

When I unconsciously added to Kaian’s generosity, he laughed.

“If we let the guards who are supposed to protect us stay somewhere else, there’s no point in going with us.”

I realized that my thinking was short-sighted. He was right. On the one hand, I thought that my uncle’s stingy choice had affected me, so I thought to myself that I would be careful to make generous choices ‘like Temnes’ from now on.

“But why the inn all of a sudden?”

In any case, when everyone had arrived early in the city and were taking a break after unpacking and catching their breath, I saw Kaian tossing gold coins to the innkeeper and asking for a room at an unfamiliar inn, and I just widened my eyes and didn’t know what to do.

Knock.

As soon as the door closed, Kaian hugged me and groped my body with hands full of desire.

“Ka, Kaian.”

When I was embarrassed, he kissed my ear and said in a low voice,

“You need to realize what you’re saying.”

“...”

I was dumbfounded and embarrassed.

“What did I say?”

Kaian chuckled.

“Look at this. You make others go crazy, but you don’t even know what you’re saying.”

He took off my hood and tugged at the string that held my cloak in place.

“I’m the only one who can’t stand a single word.”

“Why did we come here?”

I asked, confused.

“Everyone else will be waiting at another inn.”

“That’s right. Why did we come here?”

Kaian grabbed my chin and met my eyes.

“I guess you’ll find out why we came now.”

I felt very wronged.

I liked him so much, he was so dazzlingly cool.

But I couldn’t do whatever I wanted in the crowded and noisy market, so I just said I wanted to kiss him.

Why did I feel like I was being educated and scolded?

What Kaian did was bold and inappropriate.

While the baby was sleeping.

No matter how much Evan and Leonie were watching, the primary duty to take care of the child was on the parents.

But we were going off the rails.

The layers of clothing I had worn to protect myself from the cold of Valmonde were quickly falling down and piling up around my ankles.

My chilled shoulders trembled and shrank.

The man’s hot, lustful hand covered the spot where I had felt the chill just a moment ago.

“...Instead of a walk.”

Kaian bumped into my body, which was heated up by excitement.

I realized that I was reacting more sensitively that day.

Even though I was embarrassed and avoided eye contact and begged him to stop, Kaian did not give me any attention and was even more persistent.

'Something's different.'

The nights I spent with him were a time to enjoy a woman's pleasure.

There were times when I was relieved that he was skillfully opening up my body.

But what happened next?

I trembled in the pleasure Kaian gave me, but I couldn't understand my own body. My reactions were unfamiliar as if he had taken my soul out and put it in an unfamiliar place.

"I feel strange."

Even after reaching my climax, my overly excited mind didn't calm down easily.

I would always quickly become lethargic and fall into a pleasant sleep after reaching the peak of my passion, but now my head was just cold.

"You were the one who provoked me first."

"...What can I say when I'm scared?"

Kaian laughed as I muttered softly.

I sighed languidly at the sound of his chest against my ear.

“By the way, when are you going to confess?”

“Confess?”

I raised my head slightly, placing my hand on his chest at his unexpected words.

“Yes. Don’t provoke me and confess.”

Kaian gently combed my disheveled hair with his hand.

“I’ve been waiting for you to do it, but I haven’t heard anything.”

“Should I confess?”

I blinked.

“What you did before. If you did it again, I’d accept it.”

Only then did I understand what he was saying.

When I went to the capital, I confessed to Kaian that I liked him.

However, Kaian drew the line with frightening coldness. He said that he didn’t really have feelings for me because he got along well with me.

Considering that I was a Vermonter, his attitude was so encouraging that I couldn’t have imagined that he would reject my confession. That’s why the shock I felt at the time was even greater.

“You should do it.”

Since he rejected me, shouldn’t it be Kaian who does it?

But Kaian was serious.

“I’m going to heal your wounds. What’s the point of me doing this?”

It was great logic.

“It seems like you’re just waiting to hear something nice one more time.”

I hit the nail on the head, but Kaian didn’t seem to be affected at all.

“No way.”

I laid my cheek against his chest again and lay down.

I only needed Kaian.

I thought I could endure anything if he believed in me, supported me, and held me in his arms when I needed him like this.

“If I confess, will you accept me?”

“Of course.”

Even though he boasted like that, it wasn’t easy.

“Kaian. I love you.”

The words wouldn’t come out of my mouth.

I thought it was probably because the shock of hearing in the palace that “being well is different from liking it” had left such a deep scar. 

I like your smiling face.

I want to kiss you.

Hug me.

You’re so cool today.

I could say things that indirectly showed my affection, but the words that I liked and loved directly were stuck in my throat.

'I guess you knew that.'

So when are I going to confess so openly? 

This time, you're going to say you'll accept it.

But even if you did, it wouldn't make a difference.

"I'm not urging you."

When I didn't answer, Kaian said.

"I wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to it too."

But it was definitely burdensome.

"I'll try."

Kaian smiled slightly as if he liked my answer.

But I couldn't smile.

***

A blizzard blew on the day the group arrived at the castle of Valmonde.

The coachman, who had served the family that had entrusted the carriage from Rowen for a long time, had never driven a horse in Valmonde.

What could he possibly have done to the land of his enemy?

When they arrived safely at the castle of Valmonde and the owner and his wife got off holding their precious baby, he shed tears of relief.

"Claudel!"

Irena greeted them happily.

"Sister!"

Claudel happily hugged her.

"I'm glad you arrived safely. I was worried because the weather was bad."

“It only snowed today, huh?”

Irena had her hair tied up and her face bare. Instead of the bright dresses she usually wore, she wore a suit made of dark fabric, which was the kind of outfit men would usually wear.

However, it matched her appearance as she came out to greet the guests without hesitation, making her look lively.

Irena looked at Kaian and raised her eyebrows slightly.

“The day has come when Temnes will set foot in my castle.”

Claudel looked at her with a face of embarrassment.

“As a guest, too.”

Irena had been repeating what he had said before, but Kaian replied coolly.

“I want to believe that your memory isn’t so bad that you would forget the invitation I sent you.”

“The Duke of Temnes is no pushover.”

As if he had passed the test, Irena finally reached out her hand to him.

“Welcome to the Castle of Valmonde.”

“Thank you for inviting me.”

Claudel, who had been nervously interrupted, was finally able to relax.

“Come to think of it, you didn’t get to see the castle last time, did you?”

“Last time?”

Irena laughed as she watched Kaian ask back.

“Don’t you even remember your own wedding? I think you stayed there for two hours.”

Kaian shut his mouth.

‘Damn.’

He wanted to say something here, but he couldn’t say anything.

When he set foot in the Castle of Valmonde on his wedding day, seeing the huge building that reminded him of a prison or a trap made him not want to stay even for a moment longer. However, he couldn’t just give up when he thought of the Temnes family watching their conversation from behind.

He asked coldly.

“Are you suggesting a fight?”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments