TPITT - Chapter 96


“Oh, Alben? Why is that guy suddenly... What on earth are you talking about?”

It was a sound he couldn't understand at all.

Still, the name Alben, suddenly inserted in the middle, sounded ominous like a curse.

It felt as if the place he was in was not just a pit, but a trap.

'Oh, no. I definitely succeeded. Everything went according to my plan. The 7th Princess also solved the water problem. They'll be in a hurry, and if the wizards are still on my side destroy the search golems...'

It was a time when he was desperately denying reality.

Shhh! Bang!

A series of dazzling flashes of light erupted across the night sky.

Three white masses rose into the sky in the direction of Zelkatos Canyon.

It was around the time when the Magic Light Exploration Team set out from the capital.

It was a vulgar magic signal flare.

'Oh, that's ridiculous. That's..!'

The color drained from Hosen's face.

“Your Highness the Princess!”

Those who had dispersed after receiving my command earlier gathered again.

There was only one thing that was important enough to warrant a reconvening when we were so busy.

“Your Highness! It seems the Canyon Explorers have discovered something!”

“This is definitely the new magic light!”

“Congratulations, Your Highness!”

Everyone congratulated me with excited faces.

I answered with a faint smile.

“I guess I should report this to my Father too.”

It was as if she was busy and had more work to do.

Hosen sensed the dignified attitude wrapped in dignity and composure.

'This isn't just good timing. The Princess knew this would happen.'

Hosen trembled all over as he realized that he had been tricked by a ruse.

But it was already too late.

Good and bad news coincided. Eve was still at the hospital at noon the next day.

It was a busier time than ever before due to mining and water issues.

I traveled back and forth between Lapis Village and Zelkatos Canyon by carriage for half a day.

I made up for the sleep I couldn't get by napping in the carriage.

Whenever I closed my eyes for a moment, I would find myself leaning on Michael's shoulder or lying down with my head on his lap.

Fortunately, it seems that I haven't done anything drooling yet.

“I will serve you, Your Highness.”

"Yes?"

The carriage was left on the ground, and I and Michael went down into the canyon's underground chamber.

It was a place where deep shadows covered the darkness like night, but it was okay because magic lanterns were shining here and there.

“Welcome, Your Highness!”

As soon as we arrived at the scene, the busy wizards working all greeted us.

The magic light was hidden deep within the walls of the canyon. Each wizard used flying magic to cling to the walls of the canyon and dig a tunnel.

When I saw it about four hours ago, it looked like a crater hit by a meteor, but now it has become quite as deep as the dragon's lair.

As the burial site neared, the magicians who dug the ground became more delicate in their use of magic.

This is because using magic near a magic stone mine could lead to a big accident.

"Your Highness!"

Natasha came to greet me, very excited.

In her hand, she held a large stone embedded with a magic stone.

“I guess this is your first dig, Sir Emric.”

I thought it was something to be happy about.

But that wasn't the only reason Natasha was excited.

“Look at this, Your Highness. The purity of the magic stone is very high. It’s at least Grade A.”

“All of the reserves?”

“Maybe.”

Even for magic stones of the same size, the amount used and maximum output varied greatly depending on the concentration of stored mana.

Grade A was efficient enough to be used to power magical flying machines or magically powered trains.

I was delighted with the good news.

But that wasn't the end.

“Do you know what’s even more surprising? The magic stone used sucks up the mana in the surrounding area.”

“Suck it in? Are you saying that mana drain is possible?”

It was when I asked back in surprise.

Natasha nodded vigorously.

“Yes. Maybe it’s the rechargeable magic stone that you could see when you subjugated the first dragon Avaloc!"

Most magic stones are disposable and cannot be reused once the stored mana has been used up.

Magic devices are made to be able to grind magic stones into their power parts, and this method is called the 'cartridge type'.

However, a very small number of magic stones are called rechargeable and can be used semi-permanently.

The decision itself is made up of a special structure that acts as a mana core.

Because you can refill your mana by losing.

These magic stones were extremely rare, as they were only mined in small quantities from the first magic dragon, Avaloc.

Michael opened his mouth as he examined the raw magic stone mined next to me.

“It seems to have similar properties to the magic stone that Your Highness gave me as a gift.”

“That’s right. I’m glad you noticed.”

Rechargeable magic stones are expensive.

So, it was mainly used to make high-value-added items such as magic stones, alchemy stones, and golem cores.

Natasha reported again.

“The initial reserves were estimated to be equivalent to 10 years of use. However, if it is rechargeable, it’s a different story. Not 10 years, but 20 or 30 years. No, maybe even 100 years.”

I didn't even dig it in my past life. Although it was just the tail of a dragon, it had the potential to feed an empire just like its body.

Natasha was so moved that her eyes turned red.

“Ah, Galamut is truly a grateful dragon.”

Immediately, Michael's sharp gaze flew towards Natasha.

Only then did she realize that I in front of her almost died because of the Galamut ideology and exclaimed, "Oh no."

I didn't pay much attention. I was lost in other thoughts.

“Come to think of it, the first dragon Avaloc also had a particularly prominent tail. It looked like a long snake.”

It was then that I and Natasha came up with a plausible hypothesis.

“I see. The most valuable part of the dragon is the tail.”

“Because it’s a lizard, I guess its regenerative powers are concentrated in its tail.”

“That makes sense.”

“It would be worth studying.”

I nodded and looked back at the scene.

Everyone was excited about the discovery that exceeded expectations.

'That makes sense.'

Just by discovering the magic mine where the rechargeable magic stone is buried, one way to increase the effectiveness of the Magic Stone just rolled in.

Just by converting the major facilities of the capital from cartridge-type to rechargeable, it was possible to significantly reduce the consumption of magic stone in the long run.

'However, the catch is...'

Of course, you need mana to charge the magic stone.

The most suitable one for this job was a homunculus endowed with vast amounts of mana.

'Depending on how you approach it, it could either lead to further exploitation or an opportunity for improved treatment.'

Preparation for this was necessary.

“Sir Emric, I will write a letter to the Master of the Ivory Tower.”

“Yes, Your Highness. Please come this way.”

I left the letter I wrote in the barracks with Natasha and went to the field to get the details.

After giving instructions, I finished my work.

I and Michael got into the carriage.

Now it was time to return to Lapis Village and look into the water source problem.

Tick ​​tock, tick tock.

The carriage set off. Michael quietly prepared his thighs and shoulders for me.

But this time I didn't fall asleep. I seemed to be deep in thought, with my arms on the windowsill.

I  just stood there, my chin resting on my hand, looking far outside.

The amber eyes that seem to depict a utopia are illuminated by the morning sunlight.

It shone golden. Its appearance made Michael want to know what was on my mind.

"Your Highness, what are you thinking so deeply about?

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“I don’t think it will turn out as Sir Emrick said.”

“Can you explain in more detail?”

I released the hand that was resting my chin on and looked back at Michael.

Before we knew it, the carriage was surrounded by a soundproof barrier that I had activated.

It was to keep an eye on the spy. The eyes and ears of the Emperor, who boasts absolute power, are everywhere.

I explained.

“Sir Emric has rechargeable magic stones that will last for the next 100 years. I don't think so, though. The rechargeable magic stone has been valued for its rarity up until now. There’s no way they would suddenly release the supply and make it cheap.”

"Right."

Thanks to the soundproofing, an environment was created where the two could talk comfortably.

Michael put the affirmation in the promised reputation.

“The Magic Stone is the main source of funds for the royal family Even if the quantity is sufficient, the imperial family will control the supply.”

“That’s right. We need to stabilize prices right away, so to some extent, they will be distributed, but they will be mainly large-scale infrastructure owned by the royal family or high-ranking nobles.”

“I know what the Princess wants to say.”

Michael quickly comes to a conclusion.

“So in the end, it means that the war to subdue the Demon Dragon cannot be avoided during the reign of this Emperor.”

"Yes."

My amber eyes cast a gloomy look down.

The fourth development of the Magic Light in my previous life, the battle against the dragon 'Ambroxa' came to mind.

Michael also participated in the war at that time.

He had great power as King.

Although it was easier than other dragon subjugations because it was after the Holy One, the sacrifices were enormous.

The number of Homunculus buried under the cenotaph for the expedition was close to 200.

'I have to send Michael to that terrible fight again.'

The King's power was essential for the punitive force to control the homunculus and reduce damage.

I knew well that with my head, Michael should be sent to the battlefield, and that if his strength was any problem, there would be no problem.

But my heart was at odds with my head.

At that moment, Michael, not knowing my thinking, spoke as if joking.

“I must do something great for my Princess. As a military officer, I think this is a good opportunity for me to rise in the ranks.”

Of course, I couldn't laugh.

Fortunately, Michael had the advantage of being quick-witted.

He was quick to notice my expression hardening.

“I think I spoke too lightly. Do not be angry, my Princess. I said it out of a desire to be of help to you.”

I had to say something to Michael, who was reflecting.

I opened my mouth to draw attention to myself.

“Michael, your mere presence gives me strength, so you can just stay by my side.”

"Why?"

"...No."

If he felt good after being reprimanded, it could not be called a proper reflection. Michael chose to keep his words to himself.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments