IHMEB - Chapter 202 < Selfish Love >


“Are you looking for this?”

When I saw Kaian's hand swaying in the night breeze, my mind went blank.

I slowly got up from the floor where I had been sitting.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the ring, but I couldn’t reach out and ask for it.

My heart beat irregularly, causing a small pain, but I frowned. I couldn’t breathe well because I was crying.

“Claudel.”

Everything was a mess.

The expressionless mask that I had used as a shield by ignoring and pushing him away, spreading my resentment and anger thinly, was broken.

What was hiding behind it was my wounded soul.

Even though I knew that he had no choice but to marry me because of the King’s command, I hoped that our days together would be peaceful. Even though I knew that he was the one who had threatened to bring down fire and lightning on the land of his enemies, I dreamed that the baby would be welcomed.

Even though he rejected my confession sharply, I still thought that if I got close to him, he would eventually give me a piece of his heart, even if I shared it with another woman, I wouldn’t want everything. I had such a wish.

Kaian had done nothing wrong, and I had many problems.

Because it wasn’t that I didn’t know.

He had never tried to deceive me. He had always spoken and acted directly about everything, but the reason I was excited alone was because I had no one to rely on and was miserable and pitiful.

Every little thing Kaian had done for me was beautifully embellished and shined like a button decoration on my finger. After all, I had received something.

After all, it was true that it was gold.

I accepted everything about Kaian in that way. He hated me because I was his enemy, but he saved me. He had been forced into marriage because of the King’s order, but he came to my bedroom every night.

I, who had never been in a relationship before, realized very late that feelings between a man and a woman with reasons and prerequisites could not be sincere.

I realized that only after I had sent my baby away.

“Claudel.”

What on earth was the man thinking when he offered me that?

When I blinked, thick, hot tears flowed down my cheeks, and his figure became clear.

When Kaian reached out his hand as if to wipe away my tears, I stepped back as if I had been burned by fire.

“Don’t avoid me.”

His words tied my feet to the spot where I had been standing.

“I want you to be honest, even just once.” 

I couldn’t hear what Kaian was saying properly.

“You’ve had this all this time.”

I, who was in such a state of panic, felt my consciousness fading away.

My mind escaped from the body I was held captive by the words “don’t avoid me,” finding a way to survive.

“You like me.”

A confident verdict was given.

“I should have said no.”

I didn’t know what to do, and I just trembled, unable to speak.

Kaian’s fingers carefully wiped away the tears flowing down my cheeks.

I had to run away, I couldn’t stay like this, but I couldn’t move my body.

I felt completely captivated by him, even my fingers were completely drained of strength.

“Claudel. I want you to allow me.”

When I looked up with tearful eyes, Kaian grabbed my shoulders.

His red eyes looking down at me were filled with persistent obsession.

“Just once.”

...What?

At the moment I questioned, Kaian carefully lowered his head toward me.

Thump.

As soon as our eyes met, it felt like a stone had flown into my heart and crashed into it.

“If you don’t like me, avoid me.”

Kaian whispered lowly, and the words brushed past my lips like the wind.

‘If you don’t like me, avoid me. If you don’t like me...’

Every word he said bound me like a noose.

‘Then I can’t avoid it.’

Kaian doesn’t hate me.

The fact that I couldn’t accept jumped out at an unexpected moment and entangled me.

Before I had time to think any further, Kaian’s lips touched mine.

At that moment, something spread from the soft skin that had touched me all over my body.

The hot, ticklish, and sometimes crazy excitement that made people lose their minds dispersed like ripples.

“...”

Kaian was just holding onto my shoulders, but it felt like I was a stone statue waiting for him to kiss me.

I couldn’t move and gave him my lips.

Kaian’s lips were so familiar that the few separations didn’t matter.

I couldn’t avoid the kiss that he told me to avoid if I didn’t like it.

He caught the ring I had hidden.

Thinking about the truth they clearly pointed to, I felt dizzy and could hardly stand. To reveal something that should not have been revealed to the person who should not have been revealed to me.

I trembled on my own. A well-known path is not scary no matter how much the sun sets and it gets dark.

An unfamiliar path is scary even when it is bright as if I might get lost or something might suddenly pop out and threaten me.

Now, I was faced head-on with a fate that I thought I would never have to face again.

Then, I realized that I had done something very absurd, and I became even more scared.

“...Kaian.”

However, whenever I turned away from him, the name that had been specially permitted at one time would come out on its own.

“Yeah.”

“No. Don’t do this.”

I shook my head.

“What did I do?”

“Don’t concern yourself with me. We are already over.”

“Who decided that?”

My chest felt heavy.

“The King’s order has been revoked.”

“Can that be proof that our relationship is over?”

The tears that had barely stopped seemed like they would flow again at any moment.

I was scared of him.

I couldn’t guess what he was going to do to me, what he was going to do by checking my heart.

The uncertainty brought about by the unknown made my emotions tense and sensitive.

“Let me go.”

I said in a pleading tone.

When I said it with the determination not to be caught by Kaian again, he smiled, tilting his lips up.

“It’s too late.”

“Oops.”

Kaian pulled me completely into his arms in an instant.

***

He was as fast as an animal catching its prey.

Kaian knew that if he wrapped one arm around her body and held her face with the other hand, which was quite tall, and made her raise her head to look at him, her mouth would naturally open.

“Do it properly. Don’t be ambiguous.”

While she was confused, unable to push him away, Kaian only thought about digging into the lips he knew so well.

The lips were pretty and elegant, but inside, the soft thing that was concentrated with the scent of a woman was chewed finely between the teeth, and sweet saliva gushed out like a spring from the bottom of the tongue. The unforgettable moment that seemed to be engraved in his memory quickly took control of him. As soon as he succeeded in pushing his thing between the slightly parted lips, Kaian instantly returned to his selfish original self.

The woman who had taken his heart had finally completely returned to his hands. As Claudel in his arms trembled and swayed as if she would collapse, her body was completely held in his arms.

Kaian hugged the body he was holding and caressed it frantically. He politely asked her to allow him only his lips, to show him his heart even just once.

As soon as he realized that Claudel was not avoiding him and hating him even though she had not properly given permission, Kaian became proud.

As long as she loved him, Claudel would not be able to leave.

She should not have to stay with the man who thought of her as horrible because of the child.

The beautiful future that had once foolishly been thrown away was now within reach.

“Kaian. Wait.”

The woman who had been frantically stirring for a while and then let go for a moment was squirming as if she was going to escape him.

Kaian picked up Claudel and held her against the tall tree in the garden.

“Haa. Haa.”

Claudel’s small gasp and panting sound sweetly reached his ears.

“No. Stop.”

Claudel flinched as if her passion was too much.

However, what was in her eyes was not resentment or hatred for him, but fundamental fear.

Kaian now knew how to resolve her fear.

“Claudel.”

“Don’t.”

Look at this. What did I do to tell you not to say anything?

‘We haven’t even started yet.’

Kaian let out a laugh.

He felt the woman who had shaken her head in embarrassment as she saw him laugh, and was staring blankly at him.

She was such a weak woman to him.

For a moment, he thought he had lost her, but even that was an illusion.

Claudel had never forgotten him or let him go for even a moment.

“I love you.”

At his words, her golden eyes grew round like the moon under the darkness of dawn.

“There was never a moment when I didn’t love you.”

Kaian couldn’t hold back his overflowing desire.

With her back against the tree, Claudel had nowhere to run to avoid him.

Kaian let out his excited, rough breath along Claudel’s cheek, ear, and the thin neckline below her ear.

He held back the urge to hug Claudel and do everything he could to her and tried to be gentle and kind.

“You told me you did not like me.”

Kaian hid his teeth and claws as his trembling voice argued softly.

“I lied.”

“Sigh.”

When Claudel sobbed softly as if remembering the incident from back then, he strategically apologized.

“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault.”

It was hard to let go of the calculations that had become part of his personality even after it had come to this point.

“You must resent me. I understand. You can hate me and curse me as much as you want.”

However, it was his true heart.

“Just stay by my side.”

As he spoke, her cheeks, which had looked like a white moon even in the darkness under the soft starlight and moonlight, turned red.

“You just have to choose me. Then I’ll take care of the rest.”

As Kaian persistently demanded an answer, Claudel’s eyes wavered and moisture slowly engulfed her golden eyes.

He placed his on her lips again. He was determined to persistently repeat the act of coaxing and soothing until Claudel told him to do so.

Eventually, tears flowed down her eyes and Claudel laughed while crying.

“I wish we could die together.”


Previous                    Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments