TPITT - Chapter 74


It was a remark that showed interest in Michael, who was pretending to talk to me. At the moment when she finished speaking, Rosenite's gaze also turned to him.

It was directed at Michael.

It was a situation where the wish I had a moment ago to stop hitting on Michael was now meaningless. I swallowed my laughter.

But something interesting happened. Michael lowered his eyes and pretended not to see Rosenite's gaze directed at him.

Of course, he kept his mouth shut as if the question was not his.

Because of this, an awkward silence flowed in the garden.

“Oh, Sir Agnito?”

Finally, Michael responded only after Rosenit, who was embarrassed, called his name.

“Have you called, Your Highness the 8th Princess?”

“Aren’t you going to answer the question I just asked?”

“I am sorry. Your Highness the Princesses..."

“Yes, Your Highness the 7th Princess. Please take a look.”

Instead of the hardened Rosenit, Sylvestian bid farewell.

I and Michael left the garden at a slightly faster pace.

The two of us were left alone in a quiet place. Michael opened his mouth with a displeased expression.

“I feel like I have embarrassed the Princess. I apologize for my inappropriate attitude as a direct subordinate.”

“Ah, it’s okay. Instead, be careful of the other royal families. Especially in front of my father."

“Of course. Others are fine, so I won’t bother you anymore.”

I asked Michael again because I felt something was off about what he said.

“Are the other royals okay? Does that mean you especially hate Rosie? It’s okay. Feel free to talk.”

“...I feel aversion towards the 8th Princess. Even more so than the Emperor.”

My eyes widened in surprise at Michael's confession.

Meanwhile, Michael, who had finished speaking, felt quite distraught.

This is because he could not understand at all what caused the terrible feeling of rejection that came over him just by standing in front of Rosenit.

It was then. I and Michael were thinking about 'Why is Michael like that?' and 'Why am I like this?'

There was a thought that suddenly came to mind.

'Could this be the unconsciousness of a past life?'

We attained enlightenment at the same time.

I thought.

'Michael's seduction of Rosie was purely to use the royal family. The feelings he felt while acting out love and devotion, despite his hatred, must not have been good. Even father and Rosie were asking Michael too much, saying they were testing his loyalty.'

The disgust that had built up over the years would have been enough to explain it. But then suddenly I remembered another reason.

'Could it be that Rosie poisoned me as well?'

For some reason, it seemed like that. I believed that if I turned back time myself, I would unconsciously remember the person who killed me.

'Michael.'

The depth of his emotions suddenly dawned on me. My amber eyes were filled with agitation.

While I was lost in thought, Michael was also searching for the answer in his own way.

'The great sage said that my awakening was a great cause. In my past life, I was already awakened once. Although I did not build enough people to remember the past, it was clear that I had enough left behind the remnants of my emotions.'

This extreme rejection may be a message from his past life to his current life.

'It seems the 8th Princess was a terrible enemy to me.'

The royal family and the homunculus. The filthy sight that can be seen in this extreme hierarchical relationship is bottomless.

Michael tried to shake off the things he imagined. He just kept the idea of ​​'enemy' deeply embedded in his mind.

He stopped thinking about Rosenite when he put it in.

'Compared to her, my Princess...'

Michael's eyes captured Eve. It was as warm as the spring breeze.

The fragrant Princess was also looking at Michael. It seemed like she had been looking at Michael for a long time.

Michael noticed that the amber eyes were shaking with a sad light.

'Princess?'

It was the first time he had received such a gaze. Michael asked, holding back the feeling of his heart tightening.

“Princess, are you okay?”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because you make a strange face.”

" I?"

“...No. It’s okay now.”

Michael swallowed his words. He couldn't honestly say that her face looked like it was about to cry.

Peony was tending to the herb garden on the balcony when she spotted me and greeted me. She seemed to have something to say.

“Your Highness, this is the plant you brought back from your last trip abroad.”

“What's the problem?”

“A flower bud has formed.”

“Let’s see.”

When I bent down, there was a plant planted in an unusually large pot.

At first glance, it looked like an ordinary ornamental orchid. The only unique thing about it was that the flower buds were very large.

“It’s not even a tree, but it will bloom flowers as big as peonies. I’m worried that the flower stems will break.”

“Just in case, it would be good if you could make a support.”

“Yes. But Your Highness, what is this? What kind of plant is it?”

“Oh, this?”

I said with a smile.

“Mandragora.”

"OMG."

The name of the legendary bulbous plant has been given. Its roots are shaped like a human and scream when pulled out.

It was a terrifying plant that could kill anyone who heard its sound.

“Okay? So, don't try it when there's such a thing as bunal. I put up a soundproof barrier around the flower pot, but just in case.”

“Yes, yes! I’ll keep that in mind.”

I also told them about the process of growing mandragora.

“I heard that Her Highness the Third Princess is very interested in gardening. I plan to give her this as a gift as a token of my gratitude for sending you as my servants.”

“I see. I will do my best to take care of it. Please leave it to me, Your Highness.”

Peony, Lian, and Hugh were originally the third Princess's servants.

These were the people who served Filinelli. Peony had a solemn expression on her face as if she was reminded of Filinelli's strict personality.

I entered the office. Soon, Cedella began preparing tea and giving me a report.

“The three families of Ameloth, Luciard, and Yegrin have begun the pearl business in earnest.”

“That’s fast.”

“Ameloth is focusing its business on the luxury market. There is ink and sealing wax (a substance used to seal a letter. Also called sealing wax). They are currently developing a product line based on the concept we have decided on as our main product.”

“What was the concept decided on?”

"There are currently three manufactures items, the birthstone line, the constellation line, and the seasonal line. It is said that the release and sales will begin next week.”

"There's nothing like a set when it comes to stimulating the desire to keep a store. It would be better if there were benefits when all of them were purchased."

“I will convey my opinion.”

Cedella continued reporting.

“Luciard has informed us that the development of pearl pigments is almost at its final stages. The first construction target is a special room in a public bathhouse that has not yet opened and is scheduled to have interior construction soon. It’s called Luciard’s Townhouse.”

“I’m a little worried. A public bathhouse is a place where commoners usually go, and Lady Luciard is not a social person. She's not an active person, so I don’t invite many people to her townhouse. It wouldn’t be good publicity among the nobles.”

“Yes. That’s why I said I was planning a separate promotional business.”

"What?"

“It’s carriage painting. It’s the process of transforming the carriages of noble families by coloring them with pearl pigments.”

“Wow, indeed. The Lady is truly amazing.”

It is said to be a symbol of a moving family.

A carriage that could be driven was one of the things that the nobles put a lot of effort into decorating. It would be an effective means of publicity since it also had mobility.

Of the Privy Council members who come and go from the palace every morning and evening, only one appears in a carriage painted in pearl.

I was sure that the social circle would be abuzz.

I said, sipping my tea.

“The business of Count Yegrin must be the slowest.”

“Yes. The prototype has already been made, but we are being cautious because it will come into contact with the human body. However, they say they will be able to launch the product before the end of this social season. That’s all for now.”

“Yeah. You’ve worked hard, Cedella.”

I said playfully, handing over the empty teacup.

“After hearing the report, I had a good idea. I will also take this opportunity to give Cedella’s house to Lady Luciard. How about leaving the construction work to me? I wonder if it would be a good idea to remodel one of the spare rooms and turn it into a bathroom. Of course, leave the construction cost to me.”

“Your Highness..."

The sight of the aide breaking his silence made Cedella look bewildered.

These days, I really enjoyed watching Cedella become helpless whenever the topic of home came up.

“I am astonished, Your Highness. I have already received more than I deserve in gifts.”

“You can’t do that in just one house. I still have a lot to give, so get used to it.”

“Your Highness, too..."

Cedella was lost in thought for a moment as she watched me, who seemed to be preparing another surprise.

The day I gave the servants a vacation and sent Cedella on an errand to the townhouse.

The maids who came out to greet Cedella were so extravagant that they were almost too extravagant to be considered simple guests.

I felt suspicious.

Finally, when the maids called Cedella 'Mistress', she was startled.

It was Alben, who happened to be stopping by on his way home from work, who stopped Cedella as she was about to turn back, saying she had the wrong person.

'Please calm down, Lady Arpel. This house is a gift from Her Highness the Princess.'


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments