TPITT - Chapter 73







A windbreak forest located on the northern outskirts of the palace.

As the name suggests, this place was built to block the wind and was reminiscent of a dense forest.

As it was not a preferred walking course, there usually should not be even a shadow of a person there.

But, in the past few days, there has been someone who has been coming here consistently.

“Phew.”

I took a deep breath in the shaded clearing between the zelkova trees.

As I concentrated, the mana contained in my mana core changed its flow.

After a moment, my amber eyes sparkled.

Whirlyrick!

My mana was shaped into hundreds of silver threads.

It spread out in all directions as fast as light, taking over a space with a diameter of 10 meters.

Sharp enough to cut a slash with just a brush, the silver sword surrounded the area.

If it doesn't move, it doesn't cause any harm, but the moment it moves, it turns into a sharp sword and cuts the target.

This was the magic of both offense and defense, called 'Arachne of Silver Sword', passed down by the sage of the spruce forest.

“What a truly fraudulent skill. It is a fatal blow to an opponent who moves without fear. It’s the same as attack magic. But it’s treated as a barrier magic, so the surveillance golem just passes by.”

Michael, who had been watching, commented.

He was standing right in front of the area where the Silver Arachne was activated.

The tight threads passed in front of his body, giving a threatening silver lining.

I was surprised when I noticed the approach.

“Michael, when did you come so close? Dangerously.”

“The Princess’s control has become more precise. It seems like it won’t be dangerous to enter the area now.”

“This is going to be a big problem. I don’t want to lose Michael.”

I responded with a serious expression.

I remember the first time I demonstrated the silver Arachne without knowing anything.

A murderous thread randomly stretches out into a space 50 meters in diameter. The surrounding trees and stones were cut and cut down.

It was fortunate that the first casting took place in the Windbreak Forest.

Even if it was magic that combined both offensive and defensive barriers, it was clear that the surveillance golems would have swarmed in if the palace had paid that much.

At that time, Michael was also given a gift by me.

If it weren't for the advanced barrier magic stone, he would have been seriously injured.

Regardless of Michael's skills, it was an attack by me, the imprinter, so he, the victim, could not resist.

“But it’s a bit strange. No matter how much you imprint, your life is in danger, so how can you become this defenseless?”

“A ritual is forbidden to resist attacks through contact.”

It was also because of this that Elijah had been unable to avoid Brigitte's fist and had to take it silently.

I looked even more incomprehensible after hearing the explanation.

“The standard is contact? Then it doesn’t make sense. It’s not like I held it in my hand and swung it like a weapon, but the silver is spread apart from me. Why is Michael defenseless?”

"Boundaries are basically area magic. Things in the area are judged to have been in contact with the sight."

“That’s an unusual decision.”

“To put it simply, since I am in your arms, I have to accept it even if you crush me.”

It was a truly romantic metaphor. I felt a shiver as he unconsciously imagined Michael in his arms.

'What could I imagine?'

It seemed to be the aftermath of learning the truth in the windbreak forest a week ago. I said, trying to be aware of Michael. 

“I never thought that the magic that the Master taught me for self-defense would be the most dangerous to Michael.”

“I see. So the person who poses the greatest threat to me has become the Princess?”

“This is very difficult.”

Then Michael spoke with a slightly mischievous glint in his eyes.

“It doesn’t seem bad. It's like crumbling into the arms of a Princess. I hope you only hug me to the point where I won't die."”

Today, Michael seemed determined to put distracting thoughts into my head.

'Why are you saying things now so nonchalantly that you never said them in your past life?'

I knew it was a joke, but it was difficult. I calmed my cheeks, which were about to turn red, and gave Michael a warning.

“Don’t use the speaking skills you learned in training school.”

For a moment, Michael's face seemed to say, 'That's not it,' but I, who was fanning my face as if I was hot, didn't see it.

Michael suggested, as if to lighten the mood.

“The results of my practice in just one week are amazing. Now I think it would be a good idea to try practicing with people.”

“Against people?”

“The ones who are more likely to harm me are humans than demons. And those of the palace at that.”

“That’s true.”

Brigitte's face appeared in my mind without me knowing.

"To effectively subdue them, you must narrow down more threads to a close distance, so that your opponent feels that he had so many swords pointed at his neck."

"Well, I have a feeling of what to do."

“Then all that’s left is practice.”

Michael, who had spoken, narrowed the distance and approached me. He was entering the realm of Arachne of the Silver Sword.

The implications of the action were clear.

“No. Michael can’t defend himself in an emergency.”

“I have the Aegis you gave me. If I charge the mana, I have one chance to fail. Moreover, Arachne which is silver, is a draw of an Emperor. You can't expose it to others."

“Isn’t that absurd?”

That was true. I nodded reluctantly.

“Yeah. I just need to do well.”

“That is a good attitude. As a subject, I cannot help but respect you.”

Today, the two people also showed off an exemplary relationship between a ruler and his subject.

“I guess I’ll stop here for today.”

After completing my training, I headed towards my dwelling place with Michael.

The windbreak forest was at the northern end, so one had to pass through many gardens to get to the eastern palace.

I was passing through a garden full of yellow roses in full bloom.

I ran into an unexpected person.

The direct knights took the lead first.

“Hello, 7th Princess.”

“Hello, 8th Princess.”

The people they encountered were Rosenite and Sylvestian, who happened to be taking a walk in the garden.

“Hello, Sister Eve.”

Rosenite's greeting was somewhat stiff.

It was clear that she had a grudge against me for losing the win in the Demon Hunting Competition.

“Good afternoon, Rosie.”

My speech was soft, but my greeting was just as stiff.

It was our first encounter since our visit to the spruce forest.

In fact, I was feeling more uncomfortable looking at Rosenite's face now than I did the first day after returning.

'Rosie, now I know for sure why you poisoned me.'

The truth revealed by the great sage of the spruce forest completely resolved all my doubts about Rosenit.

'You have seen him in love.'

Since I was the one Michael loved, Rosenite couldn't stand it.

She couldn't stand it, so she fed her sister Belladonna poison.

Rosenite, blinded by love, went crazy. It was a very typical reason for her.

After understanding it, it was clear, but on the other hand, I felt terribly empty.

Isn't it the same as losing your life because of a love fight that happened while you were not together?

I felt so ashamed of how clueless I was in my past life.

But even if I had been perceptive, my past life was not particularly hopeful.

Even if I am lucky enough to survive, I will be locked in a cage in the palace.

Because I had no choice but to live under Michael's government. I was not a person who could accept such a miserable life.

'Michael is a charming man, so I might have fallen in love with him too. I don't know. But a life lived solely on love is miserable.'

In fact, this would have been surprising if Michael had heard it in my past life. It was a time when his charm as a man had matured.

I, who had been blocking myself out even after seeing Michael, now felt as if there was no escape from his charm.

Because I was giving him a generous score.

Even assuming a future in which she falls in love with Michael herself, Michael in my past life would not be spared.

'It was a life that was destined to end in some way or another.'

I, who had gathered my thoughts, suppressed my resentment and looked at Rosenite.

'I wonder if this child remembers her past life, but it hasn't happened yet.'

It's not right to seek revenge for a murder committed out of love. Besides, I have too much to do in this life. So...

I gave advice to Rosenit with a wish in my heart.

'Rosie, I hope you don't love Michael.'

I tried to leave first because I had nothing to say other than greetings. But at that time, Rosenit spoke to me as if I had been caught in a hurry.

“I guess you were out for a walk too, Sister. Did Sir Agnito bring you to this garden?”



Previous            Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments