THYU - Chapter 140




After a while, Violet opened the door, came inside, sat down in front of Winter, and asked with a serious face.

"I'm suddenly starting to get really worried. What should I do?"

"I told you to do something else."

"It's easy for you. You're capable." 

Violet nagged at Winter, who had a bad expression on his face, and gently ran her hand through his hair. 

"Let's sleep together. I can't sleep because I'm worried."

"..."

"Winter. Why do you keep making such an anxious expression?"

When Violet asked, Winter leaned closer to her and said. 

"Please accept everything I want to give you."

"Yes."

"Don't make me worry every time I buy something and then I'll give it to you. Just let me give you whatever you want."

"Why all of a sudden?"

"That's how I lived until I was twenty-nine. I had to work from the age of five to get food and not get beaten. Until I was twenty-nine, I had to spend a lot of money so that my parents could laugh at me. It might seem pathetic to others, but it was a balance to me."

"..."

"Love without material things is impossible for me. It is unpredictable, so it makes me anxious and miserable. So I want you to be like that too. I want you to love me because you love money more than anything else."

"..."

It may seem pitiful to you, but I will feel safe."

Violet looked into Winter's dark eyes.

Then she asked quietly.

"Why do you think that? Did I say something to make you feel uneasy?"

"You want a child."

"It's okay to wish, you said."

"You're even trying."

Violet paused at the sound of his wounded voice.

"How did you know?"

"How could I not know? The person who wouldn't even go to bed unless I turned off the lights took off her clothes right in front of me."

Violet now realized where his anxiety was coming from, and made an 'Oops' expression.

"That was unsettling."

Winter muttered as Violet patted his arm.

"Pathetically."

"It's not pathetic. Why is it pathetic to be anxious? I get anxious often, too."

"Women have a lot of situations where they feel anxious. Not me."

"Winter."

"Yes."

Violet bit hard enough that her lips turned white, then sighed and said.

"Your half-brother said that it might be possible for us to have a child. It's a very, very small chance, but it might be possible."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I kept it from you. I never thought you'd be this anxious. I'm so sorry. I just... I didn't want to make you anxious. I was wrong."

"..."

"I won't keep any secrets from you anymore."

Violet spoke soothingly, but Winter, who understood the meaning of her words a beat Iater, stood up abruptly and covered his face with both hands. 

"Oh, shit. I can't breathe. Is that so? Are you sure?"

"No. I'm not sure. That's why I kept it a secret."

"I was just asking if it was definitely possible."

"If you want to know more precisely. I think it would be better to go to Alika as you said."

Winter took a deep breath, staring into space, and hugged Violet. Then, with trembling hands, he asked jokingly.

"The baby has to be like me, but what if the baby ends up like me?" 

"I couldn't say anything because I thought you'd expect me to do this."

"What if the baby has silver hair or gray eyes?" 

Violet, who had been worried that he was going ahead recklessly as was his personality, soon smiled as if there was nothing she could do.

"I will fall in love."

"..."

Winter was speechless at Violet's response, but then he frowned and asked.

"Where did you learn to talk like that? You're a natural flirt, really."

"A flirting? Me?" 

"That's right. How can you change my mood like this with just one word? Even a teenager wouldn't be able to do that." 

Winter rubbed his flushed face with both hands as if he had suddenly become drunk, then grabbed Violet's waist with both hands and turned her back toward the wall, leaning her against it. Then Violet spoke with wide eyes.

"You're not suggesting we have a baby right now, are you?"

"Why not?"

"Not now. The fertile period is two more days."

"Don't say anything after two days, you stuffy Princess."

Violet was flustered because Winter had quickly regained his composure, so Winter spoke as if negotiating. 

"I'm not making a baby. I'm just doing it because I want to. Is that okay?"

"What the... You drank alcohol, right?" 

"I didn't drink it."

 "You acted like you were drunk in the master bedroom earlier"

"Oh, that. If I do that again, you'll beat me up."

Winter said that and cupped her chin with his hand and kissed her. Violet, who had been so flustered, opened her lips slightly as if she was enjoying the kiss. When she lifted her heels to overcome the height difference and hugged his neck, Winter stopped kissing her for a moment and giggled while keeping his lips pressed against hers.

"Violet. You can touch anywhere on my body."

"Yes?"

"You don't have to always embrace such conservative aspects."

Winter took her hand and released it, placing it on his lower back.

"Touch anywhere. It's yours."

"Anywhere?"

When she asked back surprisingly quietly, Winter smiled faintly.

"Where do you want to touch?"

Violet hesitated for a moment and then pushed Winter away. Winter fell down on the bed, just as she had wanted, and Winter swallowed as he watched her sit on her stomach.

Violet gently pressed her lips to Winter's with her characteristically royal hand movements, then slowly lowered her hand to caress the nape of his neck.

Winter gritted his teeth, frowning at her touch. Violet's hands lingered on his neck and shoulders for a while, then slowly slid over his nightgown and caressed his chest, which was as firm and smooth as a good rock. Then she quickly pulled her hands away, seeming embarrassed, and said.

"Is this the case for me too?"

"What?"

"Are you reacting this badly...?"

Only when she asked did Winter relax and laugh.

"No."

"That's fortunate."

"Not yet."

"...Not yet?"

"I don't know until later. Our Princess is not yet grown up."

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about? I've been an adult for five years now."

"That's so mature."

Winter teased, then gestured to Violet's hands, which were clasped together defensively.

"Did you touch everything?"

"I touched them all."

"Is it my turn now?"

When Winter asked, Violet bit her lips slightly and nodded.

***

Winter, who had fallen asleep late in the morning, opened his eyes a few hours later, frowning. He placed his hand on Violet's forehead and shook her awake.

"Violet."

She flinched, opened her eyes, and looked at Winter.

"What happened?"

"You have a fever again."

"Fever? And again'?"

Before Violet could finish speaking, Winter jumped up and shouted.

"Call a doctor!"

Then a scream was heard from outside. Soon the door opened and the maids rushed in. They were all startled and checked Violet's condition, and he said with a bewildered expression.

"My wife might be sick."

Then Jen said, handing Violet a thermometer to check her temperature. 

"Anyone who heard the CEO's voice could tell that the little lady was in pain." 

Then the other maids next to her chined in

 "That's right. The CEO is never surprised unless it's something that happens to his wife."

Violet felt like a child again. It was strange and disconcerting for her, who had been acting like an adult ever since her older brother passed away.

After a while, the doctor came in, examined Violet, and said with an embarrassed expression.

"She's a bit weak as usual, but she doesn't seem to have any particular problems."

"Tell them to come see another doctor." 

Violet shook her head as Winter persisted.

"It's okay." 

"It's not okay."

Winter eventually kicked out the doctor and brought in another, and only after he repeated that there was nothing particularly wrong did he accept it.

After the doctor left with some fever-reducing medicine. Violet sat up, feeling suffocated.

"I told you. I'm not sick. I'm healthy." 

"That doesn't make sense. No matter how I look at it, it's ridiculous." 

"Let's go to Alika. Let's get ready quickly and go." 

Violet sat up as if she was light. Winter, who was watching her, sighed and grabbed her, forcing her down. When Violet frowned, Winter opened his mouth.

"I know you're sick. You've been sick since the day I got shot."

"..."

Violet paused. Then Winter continued.

"You promised not to ask about it. That's why I didn't ask. You turned pale in front of me and I kept my mouth shut. Because of my promise."

"..."

"I can't do anything right now because you're being stubborn. Lie down. I'll finish preparing. We have to get to Alika earlier than planned."

"Were you worried?"

Winter chuckled as Violet asked in a voice that was laced with regret and a hint of embarrassment.

"That's what I'm talking about." 

"I didn't know. I thought it was bearable."

"How much pain do you think is unbearable?"

"Well, if it doesn't interfere with my activities, then it's not painful." 

"It's broken, our Princess."

"It's broken?" 

Winter laughed bitterly as Violet cried.

"You don't handle pain well. You're broken. Damn, how much did those damn things drive people to still be like this?"

"That's not it..." 

"Try whining that it hurts."

Violet paused as Winter brought his face closer to hers and spoke. Then, as she closed her mouth tightly, Winter gently grabbed he chin and spoke. 

"You have to practice that too."

"I can not."

"You always make me do things I can't do."

Violet sighed deeply and nodded helplessly, as Winter's words were somewhat correct.

She mumbled and then opened her mouth slightly.

"Hurt." 

"Where does it hurt?"

"Do I have a fever?" 

Winter finally laughed at her dubious voice. 

"Why is it a question?"

"Everyone is clumsy during practice. Laughing at your clumsiness is demotivating." 

"I won't laugh anymore, do it again."

"I have a bit of a headache."

"Can you take off a little bit? Do you have a slight headache?"

When Violet, who was used to speaking softly, was confused as to why he had asked her to take off a little, Winter, who had tried not to laugh, suddenly burst out laughing. When he buried his face in her arms and laughed loudly, Violet became serious and pushed his shoulder away.

"You said you weren't going to laugh..."

Despite her resentment, Winter had a hard time holding back his laughter for a long time.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments