THYU - Chapter 78




Winter immediately left for the company to discuss matters concerning the Heston family.

Violet also had to come up with a strategy.

As Jen placed the paper and pen neatly in front of her, Violet looked at her with a slight sense of confusion. Then, Jen laughed.

"Hehe."

"How did you know? The placement of paper, pen, and ink is perfect."

"That's right! I've been leaving it here for a while, but you haven't said a word! Moreover, I have never brought you a paperweight until now. I didn't even know you needed a paperweight!"

"Can't I just bring that much? Thank you, it was an unimportant etiquette. Come to think of it. So you learned it from Hayel?"

"That's right!"

Violet didn't ask any more questions about the growing relationship between the two but just had a happy expression on her face. So Jen didn't have to get permission to be trained as a secretary because she would need a secretary to run the business that Violet would own after the divorce. She didn't know why, but Winter wanted to keep it as secret as possible.

Violet began writing down the current situation one by one on a piece of paper, and Jen, who was glancing at it from the side, said in fascination.

"The handwriting is really pretty."

"It's the Lawrence family's traditional font. Do you like them?"

"Very much. Oh, I'll save you a seat!"

"Thank you."

The Heston family was not the only prestigious family in Rorkround, and among them, there were certainly those who had animosity towards Ash, who was using the royal family as he pleased. 

No, it was normal to be there.

Violet was thinking of writing letters to them all.

The names of the families to whom letters should be sent were also written own in advance. She was planning on sending a letter to the family that was clearly on Ash's side.

As Violet continued to write the letter until her wrist throbbed, Jen came back from her absence and said in tears.

"Little Madame, I mean Her Majesty the late Queen... She is here."

"If my mother is here, you can call her Mrs. Ella Filice."

Violet finished speaking and stood up.

"Take her to the balcony. Because it's a nice day."

"Yes, Little Madame!"

Jen rushed out.

She knew it would come soon at Ash's request, but she didn't expect it to be this fast.

"I did come back to Rockround."

Thinking about that, Violet made up her mind and walked forward.

***

The most perfect tea time spot in this mansion was the balcony connected to Violet's room.

The balcony, which was large enough to fit three or four tables, overlooked a beautiful garden, and all the gods from the continent's legends were carved on the marble railing.

Violet smiled at her mother, Ella Filice, as she entered the balcony. 

"The first tea time I have in this house is with my mother. It's meaningful."

Ella also consciously smiled at Violet's words. She said as she sat down in her seat.

"How did you live alone for a year like that?"

"Chiron was a very nice place. Comfortable and warm. It turned out that my husband was also paying attention."

"I see."

As Ella sat down, Lulu's wonderful tea and Turin's simple tea food came to the table. After finishing the courtesy talk about the current situation, Ella got to the point.

"How are you and your husband? I heard you are on a contemplative period." 

Violet thought about her relationship with Winter for a moment and then quietly opened her mouth.

"It's changed a little bit."

"Change?"

"He spends a lot more time with me than before."

"That's unexpected."

 "Yes, really."

As the story came up, she remembered her husband, who had suffered a nightmare while sleeping the night before. It was only after he hugged her that he calmed down and soon fell asleep. 

What could be more terrible than a five-year-old being abandoned by his mother?

"Spring is a good season, but it ends really quickly. So will my time with you."

Ella said as Violet remembered Winter's voice.

"Fortunately, you seem to be doing well."

"Yes." 

"Then there won't be such a big light over alimony." 

"I guess so. He also wants me to receive proper alimony." 

"So? A person who only knows money like that?" 

"He said it was for the many women who would get divorced in the future. I don't know when he started caring so much about social things."

Violet felt strange that as she spoke, it seemed a little like she was bragging about Winter, so she held her tongue and kept her mouth shut.

Then Ella said with a relieved face.

"Good. The Heston family will also be respected."

At Ella's words, Violet put down her teacup a little loudly and asked.

"Did Ash do that? I'm going to remarry Margrave Heston?" 

"It wasn't just Ash, everyone agreed, including the Lawrence family, the Heston family, and the Blooming family." 

"Without my opinion or my husband's opinion?"

"Violet. We are not people who can marry with opinions. I didn't marry your father because I loved him. I got married because I was a royal descendant. The same goes for my husband. I married him not because I love him, but because I am the legitimate daughter of the Filice family." 

"Couples must be devoted to each other. It's always included in Rokround's wedding vows."

"Yes. Of course, we must be devoted to each other. But love someone else."

"..."

"You're old enough to understand what I'm saying now."

"Ah, mother."

Violet sighed heavily and continued. 

"One such marriage is enough."

"Violet."

"I wasn't born to go around getting married as a bargain here and there. My mother might think so."

Violet continued speaking with a powerful voice.

"Don't even think about touching my alimony. In particular, Ash can't even take a single coin. Not even one." 

Ash was terrible for putting her mother in front of her to make this marriage happen, and right now she hated her mother too.

It was mind-boggling to think that the three families of Lawrence, Blooming, and Heston were entangled in this battle of Interests.

She knew that leisure in Chiron could not last. However, perhaps because of that leisure, Violet found this situation even more suffocating. 

Ella said, looking toward the garden.

"You will have a lot, but Ash has nothing. Please feel sorry for your brother just once."

"Mother. I..."

Violet, who was about to scream, closed her mouth again.

She never told her mother how many times she tried to end her life with her own hands. No matter how much a mother looks at her daughter, the story never comes out of her mouth.

Ella put down her glass gracefully and stood up.

"I guess I should go. I'll see you next time at the Margrave Heston title ceremony.

"If I refuse to marry him. Ash will not be able to grant him a title."

"So you're saying that a prestigious family like the Heston family should hand down titles to each other and inherit them?"

"Yes. I think it should be that way. It's something that can't be helped."

"You can't decide family affairs on your own."

"Then I guess I'll have to run away again. He can't get married without a bride."

"Violet!"

"Mother. Please don't put politeness first when it comes to sacrificing me for my brother. That is not politeness, it is violence."

"Oh my, it's just as Ash said." 

"What do you mean?"

"As you become more like Lord Winter, you become someone who only cares about money."

"Is it so. So, you two noble gentlemen, as I said before, don't pay attention to my alimony."

Violet stood up.

"You came to convey Ash's words on his behalf, right? Then please pass it on to Ash instead. If you used my husband once, that's enough. No one from the Lawrence family has the right to demand anything from my husband. The alimony I will receive in the future is the reward for my efforts to protect my family."

"I can't believe it. You are the child I gave birth to."

"Me too."

At her words, Ella looked as if she had been slapped by her daughter. Violet didn't care and immediately told Lulu.

"Show my mother the door."

"Yes, Little Madame."

Soon, employees working at Blooming Mansion came rushing in. This mansion, with its enormous garden, required a huge amount of labor, and its mere presence had an impact on the entire economy of this region, which was somewhat remote from the capital.

Ella couldn't stand her stubbornness a flocked to her.

As she left, fatigue came to Violet's face. But she soon resumed the work she had been doing before her mother came as if nothing had happened. 

Jen, who sneaked in at that time, asked.

"Little Madame, are you going to stay here like this as soon as you come to the capital?" 

"Ah, I know. I was so anxious."

"The secretary said that no matter how busy you are, you should also engage In social activities since you are back in the capital." 

"I guess so, right?"

When Violet nodded with a tired face, Jen asked as if she had noticed. 

"First, would you like to take a walk around the garden? The cherries are starting to ripen. Let's go see the cherry trees."

"That... That's a really good offer." 

As expected, Violet smiled happily and followed Jen out.

Upon hearing the news that the two were going cherry-picking,  Lulu and her husband followed suit. As the place quickly became crowded, the fatigue on Violet's face disappeared. The gardener took the lead and said. 

"The cherries here in the South ripen very sweetly in June. If you go another 100 meters from here, there are northern cherry trees, which are now ready to be eaten."

 "Let's go quickly, Little Madame!"

Turin was excited and fussed at the thought of picking and making cherry pie right away. Violet followed and saw that the cherries were indeed red and ripe.

Turin said, picking cherries. 

"It's less sweet than southern cherries, so I think it would be good to make jam with these."

"Good idea."

As Violet answered, picked cherries with both hands, and looked at them happily, Jen came carrying a wooden bucket full of clear water and ice. 

"Wash here once in a while and eat refreshingly!" 

"Oh my, my baby is smart."

When Lulu praised Jen as if she were her granddaughter, Jen made an excited and proud face. Violet soaked the cherries with both hands in Ice water, washed them thoroughly, and put one in her mouth. 

Then, as if she was a little unriped, she closed her eyes tightly and opened them, laughing.

"It's a little unriped, but it tastes good."

"Is it so? It is delicious?"

The four people picked cherries soaked them in ice water, drained the water, and ate them until they were full. Being around people, and talking with her mother, reality flew away for a moment and Violet felt relaxed.

***

"Absolutely not. Absolutely no way."

Anjali, who came back from vacation, was like a machine repeating the words no.

Winter must have gotten tired of yelling, so he lowered his body slightly to her eye level and began to appease her.

“Anjali, listen to me.”

"I don't like it."

Without even pretending to listen to the words of disapproval, Winter held up the telegram, feeling encouraged by the telegram that Lulu had just sent.

It was sent by Lulu, with the details of Ella's recent visit and what Violet had said written down in ancient times.

If you used my husband once, that's enough. No one from the Lawrence family has the right to demand anything from my husband. The alimony I will receive in the future is the reward for my efforts to protect my family.

"Do you see this? My wife said this. This is for me too."

Looking at the expression on Winter's face as he spoke, Anjali wondered a little why he felt like he was doing it to show off.






A New Series, 7 Marriage Is Planned was out!
You can check it here!


Previous           Next


   Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments