THYU - Chapter 73




Pim looked around and quickly headed towards the hotel. Her steps were not toward the front door, but toward the side door where the employees entered and exited.

Violet looked at it with a puzzled expression, but unable to control her curiosity, she left the hotel, made a big circle, and headed toward the side door.

The door was open, so she went inside and found several rooms. It was a place where various office spaces were gathered to handle tasks such as employee housing, facilities, and customer management. Seeing the cute doors in a space made of white and clean marble made her feel good.

All practical work was carried out here to ensure the guests' leisurely vacation was perfect.

Violet was watching as if she were fascinated, but an employee stopped her.

"Lady, even if you go in this way, you won't find a room. I'll take you back to the front door."

From anyone's perspective, It looked like it was a customer's outfit. Violet said with a smile.

"Ah, I am Lord Winter Blooming's wife."

"Hey, man! How dare you stop Madam now!"

At that time, another employee slapped the back of the employee who was blocking Violet and said. Only then did the employee greet her in surprise.

"Excuse me!"

"What! I apologized."

"Oh, would you like me to guide you?" 

"I was just about to leave. I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

Violet said as if not to pay attention to her and glanced inside, turning to turn around but stopping in place.

There was a mailroom where letters and telegrams poured in from vacationing guests, and when the door was opened, Pim was seen inside.

Violet walked over and opened the door, and Pim, who was chatting away with her old colleagues, looked around in shock.

Pim made eye contact with Violet and froze on the spot.

Pim froze at Violet's stern expression and then quickly looked around.

"W... Wouldn't you say they hire employees here? So, I'm going to try to find a job!"

"It looks like you know each other well." 

"No! I don't know! They are complete strangers!"

Even though Pim thought it was already ruined, she started to insist. As Violet didn't say anything, perhaps at a loss for words, Pim became more and more anxious and came up with a second excuse.

"I found out after helping Mr. Hayel a few times when he said he was short on workers. That's it." 

"Why are you so quick to make excuses."

Pim quickly shut her mouth as Violet muttered to herself.

It must have been a strange situation for Pim to make an excuse like this when Violet didn't say anything. As Violet turned and left, Pim hurriedly followed her.

Violet, who had not said anything to leave the building, suddenly stopped. Then she turned to Pim and asked vaguely.

"Since when were you working with my husband?"

"Oh my, what are you saying that makes me so upset? If I had to be honest, I'm your person."

Pim tried to make an excuse again, but when she saw Violet's disappointed eyes, she couldn't lie anymore. She sighed.

"I once worked at the Kanik Hotel in the capital of Rorkround. Meanwhile, my parents in my hometown said they were not feeling well, so we all came back to take care of them. My husband still found a job on a boat, but I couldn't, so l was wondering how I would raise Lina when Mr. Hayel contacted me. They hired me to ensure Violet's safety and take care of you so you can adapt well here."

"..."

"Don't make that face. If I hadn't taken on this job, Violet would have lived in anxiety."

"What do you mean?" 

"Violet had the village chief kicked out as soon as you got here. That damn guy once tried to drag people to Violet's house. To take revenge." 

"... Did he?"

"At that time, I hired some people and beat up that damn village head and kicked him out. Do you think that's all there is? When Violet sees something wrong, you say it right away. During this time, I was quite upset."

Violet made a blank expression. Just as the guests in the room were able to have a comfortable vacation with the help of the staff, she herself was able to have a vacation-like life with the help of Pim.

As the story began, Pim continued to complain.

"At first, Violet didn't have any vitality at all. There's nothing special about it right now."

Pim spoke teasingly and continued, loving Violet's embarrassed expression.

"Anyway, it didn't usually take a lot of work."

"Then all the villagers..." 

"No, that's not it. I'm the only one who's been contacted. Everyone helped out of kindness. To be honest, there was no need for someone like me to interfere with everything going on with someone like Violet. I just helped Violet because I like you. Of course, I received the money because it was good." 

Violet was greatly shocked but also grateful.

Pim's care for her up to this point could never be seen as motivated only by money. Pim told her about her household chores, and when she seemed to be eating poorly, Pim nagged her and invited her to eat. Above all, being such a good friend was not something she could say she was paid to do.

Violet looked towards the hotel. Pim said as if she understood the meaning of that gaze.

"Of course, the CEO knew that Violet was here from the beginning. He often contacted me to see how you were doing. There were so many things he was always curious about."

"Is that so?"

"What did you eat, where do you work, do you smile a lot, are you in any pain. He had countless questions." 

Maybe Winter had a harder year than Violet thought. Violet thought. Although he always talks and grunts like it's no big deal. He was terrified that just touching the watch would kill Violet. He may have hurt himself more than she has already hurt his husband.

At that time, Winter, who rushed towards the castle wall, found Violet.

Pim paused and shouted. 

"Oh my! I don't want to get caught!"

"Don't worry. I followed along and found out. I'll tell him well."

"Okay, then I'll go back in. Even if I try to think that he is just Violet's husband, my heart trembles..."

Pim spoke quickly and hurried back into the building. After that, Violet slowly walked along the castle wall. Not long after, Winter ran up to her and wrapped his arms around her. 

"Why are you here? I've been looking for you for a while." 

"You said you were buying the airship business?"

"Don't talk back."

"I was worried about a spy, but I should have looked into the spy on me first."

Winter froze at her words. Violet asked quietly, keeping her eyes on Winter. 

"Why did you do that?"

"Sorry."

"I didn't ask you to apologize." 

"If the question that needs an answer is why, I had no other choice. Just because I know where you are doesn't mean I can force you to come. Then you just stay there and I take responsibility for your safety."

"Don't run away again, please."

The day was hot, but Winter's hands were cold.

Violet looked dejected.

"It wasn't like I could live alone." 

"No. How have you been? I just do what I needed for my anxiety." 

Winter had a nervous look on his face.

Violet was in a bit of a daze, not sure what to say.

Should she be angry, or was it something she was thankful for? 

She's angry that he fooled her, but she's grateful that he was concerned. Violet had not yet figured out what feelings she should express to him, so she remained silent.

However, after some time had passed, she comforted Winter who was anxious, and said.

"I'm not that angry."

"...Yes?"

"Yes. And you're right. I have to get back to Rorkround quickly."

Only then did Winter's expression relax and he hugged Violet tightly with both arms. 

"Good idea. I'm sure you'll like it. The new house."

"A new house?" 

"A house I bought in the capital to branch out."

Winter smiled in relief, perhaps because she was no longer angry. 

"The house in the Rorkround capital is a mess right now, so it will take some time to clean it up. It will be late April when we arrive, so the garden will be very beautiful."

"But that doesn't mean I'm staying at your house."

"Why is it my house? We are still a couple. We should at least share the house."

"Then... Thank you. I will stay at your house for a while and look for a place for myself."

"If you like it, ask for it as alimony. I don't really like that house." 

Winter continued, squeezing Violet's hand.

"If you feel lonely, ask the spy next door to go to Rockround with you. If she has that level of experience, she can somehow get a job as a telegraph worker. If she thinks about that little girl's education, she would definitely agree."

"Well, I heard that the school here is about three hours away by carriage."

"Let's go to the capital. Now, we need to start distributing our assets. If we just hang in there, it'll take a month."

"Well, you have so much wealth."

Winter intentionally laughed out loud at Violet's words.

"I thought you would be much angrier."

"I'm angry. But I'm also thankful. The two things got mixed up and now it's just... It's complicated."

"Right. I understand. But don't run away."

"I'm not going. You're having a hard time now too. I think I'll get caught in one day anyway."

Even though Violet tried to console him, Winter didn't seem to be listening properly. He was holding Violet's hand in both his hands.

Unlike his smile, he spoke in a confused voice.

"Just wait a moment and you will have a lot of wealth. You will have a fortune that will not leave a trace no matter what you do throughout your life."

"I don't need that much wealth."

"You have to have it to know."

Winter looked a little relieved and walked towards the hotel with Violet.

***

In the late afternoon, Lulu and Turin arrived in front of a mansion on the outskirts of the capital city of Rockround. Spring was just about to begin in the Rorkround capital. Although the whole world was full of freshness, the mansion was filled with darkness, as if it had been abandoned.

Lulu said, startled.

"What is this? How does our Little Lady live here?"

"That's right."

When Turin nodded, Lulu grabbed his arm.

"You get the kitchen organized first, quickly. I'm going to catch these swindlers. Everyone is dead to have to work for our lady!"

"Okay then. I guess I'll just leave it alone."

Turin gathered his luggage and followed Lulu to the mansion's porch.

When she knocked on the door, the butler who was wandering around found her and asked. 

"Who are you?"

"Oh, I couldn't send you a message because I was in a hurry." 

When Lulu presented the letter Winter gave her, the butler opened the letter, checked it, and his eyes widened. Then he shouted.

"Where is the law for this! I can't believe you fired me so suddenly!" 

"I think we should still talk about it."

When Lulu held out her hand, she found the documents that Turin had kept and quickly handed them over. 

"There is evidence that workers' salaries were stolen."

"W-what?"

"Go quickly and prepare for a lawsuit. The CEO won't look at it."

"Well, that can't be..." 

The butler became restless and ran away frantically.

Lulu, looking at that scene, clicked her tongue and entered the mansion. The workers, who had been doing nothing the whole time, came rushing out in response to this commotion. The inside of the house was a mess because no one was taking care of it, and since no one was taking care of it properly, most of the places where things should have been were empty. It was all stolen. 

Lulu made a serious expression. It didn't seem like there was usually much to do.


Previous               Next

Comments