THYU - Chapter 100


After a while, Harlin, who had finished taking a bath, came out looking around. He was crushed by the huge mansion he had seen for the first time in his life.

Moreover, the clothes brought out and the meals prepared were all things he had never seen before.

He thought for a moment that it would have been nice if he had brought Harlow with him, but no matter how much he thought about it, it was clear that he would have passed out before even got here.

As he began to eat, paying attention, Winter appeared, clinking her cane, and sat down across from him.

"You."

Harlin flinched at Winter's words and nodded. Winter continued with a grim expression.

"You said you came to pay back the money, right?"

"Yes. If you ask me to do anything. I will do it!"

"Come learn how to change your body." 

"Ah! I already heard from her mother that the Lord is curious about that. I brought it because I thought you might need it." 

Harlin took out a small booklet from his bag.

"It took a really long time to find this booklet because most of Alika was rebuilt after being burned down."

"Are you condescending to the subiect?" 

Harlin cringed at Winter's seemingly absurd words. Although his rough personality was fearsome, he still had gratitude for what he received.

Harlin continued calmly.

"As you may know, the Kanik clan can also use some spells,"

"This is my first time hearing this."

"Sorry. Anyway, most of them are unusable once you move away from Alica. One of them is the spell of switching bodies with this companion."

“Ah...”

Winter nodded as if he finally understood and Harlin continued.

"The term 'companion' in this book does not necessarily mean a married couple. I think this also includes close friends, siblings, parents, and children."

"Let's skip that. What I want to know is how to change my body, other than dying."

"Well, that's because I haven't been able to interpret this book yet."

"Good. Then you have a job." 

"Yes, yes?"

"Interpret the book. I will support your living expenses and any necessary money."

"Like that... Is there something you need to do to change your body?"

"Why should I tell you that?" 

"Oh, no. Sorry."

Harlin bowed his head. Then he took a deep breath and lowered his head again. 

"More than that, I am truly grateful. My younger brother Harlow is still bedridden, but thanks to you, I am very healthy."

"Stop talking nonsense and start interpreting right away. Because I don't have time."

As Winter finished speaking and stood up, Harlin followed him and asked. 

"However Sir, have you never had a bad heart?"

"What are you talking about?"

"My twins, my mother, and my mother's siblings all had heart problems at one time or another."

"Not at all. I've never done that." 

Winter, who had been answering like that, narrowed his brows.

"I think I was sick occasionally when I was young. But I had no idea that it was because of a bad heart. I just knew something was bad. Because I'm busy working."

"I see, thank God." 

Come to think of it...

Winter gave a puzzled look. From Harlin's words, it turns out that when he was young, he often felt excessively out of breath. It's so strong that it suddenly beats so excessively that he wonders if the heart will stop. 

However, the symptoms completely disappeared after he ran out of a restaurant when he was twelve, and now he can barely remember anything.

Harlin said.

"But I am very healthy now. Alika has good medicine."

"You should have brought that. Because my wife has a bad heart of hers." 

"I already brought it!" 

As if he was waiting for Winter to ask him a question, he took out a wrapping cloth full of herbs.

"I brought these dried herbs with you in case you have a heart condition! The price was really high because it was difficult to find, but the Lord gave us plenty of money..."

"Are you telling me to feed my wife that incredible grass?" 

"Ah. Alika's herbs are so famous that even doctors know about them! Just check it, brew it, and drink it as tea!"

Winter quickly reached out and took the wrapping cloth.

He then had a servant come and check the herbs for the doctor. After a while, the servant came back and said.

"It's Alika's herb, and they say it's good for the heart."

"Let them ask other doctors too. I can't feed my wife anything."

Harlin thought he was that untrustworthy, but in reality Winter had a serious level of distrust of doctors.

***

Harlin was semi-imprisoned in the capital hotel and made to interpret the booklet and Winter allowed Violet to drink the herb as tea after verifying the results.

The two sat in the garden to have tea time. Violet wanted to say hello to Winter's half-brother, but she wasn't going to say it first unless Winter suggested it first.

Violet lifted the teacup, smelled the scent, and smiled.

"Wow, it smells really good."

"That might not be that helpful. What I don't know is whether those strangers will perform an unknown spell."

Violet lifted her glass and took a sip of tea. And she smiled brightly at Winter.

"It somehow feels good." 

"Just have a sip? You have to say something that makes sense."

Winter said that, but she was smiling, with the corners of her eyes completely curved, which is rare. However, he soon spoke with a strangely irritated expression on his face.

"Most people from my biological mother's side say they have a bad heart."

"Is it so? Are you okay?" 

"Something perfectly fine is strange."

Winter responded and grumbled for no reason.

"It's as if she's trying to hurt me instead." 

Violer laughed softly at his words.

"It makes no more sense than taking a sip and feeling better for your heart. I have always had a bad heart since I was young."

"Yes, but..."

Winter continued, scratching his cheek as if he was embarrassed to even say the word

"I was worried because my body was changing and I was worried about it. They say you only switch bodies with one person in your life. It doesn't have to be a couple, just one person."


"I see.... How amazing. How is it decided?"

"I know that."

"And when can I get the herb that changes my body?"

 "I know. My half-brother is looking for it  now, but I don't know how long it will take."

Winter looked around casually, repeatedly feeling relieved at the appearance of his half-brother. Violet took another sip of tea and muttered.

"There is only one person. 

"Your body changes."

"Yes, one person."

When Winter answered, Violet spoke with a somewhat happy look on her face. 

"It's good, no wonder. It means companion."

"You seem to like everything."

Winter grumbled, but it felt worse inside than it looked.

He also liked the idea of being the one and only companion in the world. But what does that mean? He still cannot give his wife a child and therefore this peace will not last long. 

After a while he said.

"I just study."

“Yes?”

"I'm studying. That damn gentlemanly way of saying hello." 

"Why did you suddenly change your mind?"

"You are not in good health."

"Does that matter?"

"I'm honestly nervous about you drinking that tea. But how do you feed other herbs?" 

Well, it would make perfect sense if Harlin came looking for herbs, but even if Harlin, found another way, Winter had no intention of letting Violet do it. The fact that she changed her body through death was a huge trauma to him, and it was a wound that he could not forget until the moment of his death. 

"You're like that again. I'm not that weak." 

"Do not be ridiculous. Sometimes I feel uneasy even when you walk."

Violet smiled, put down her glass, and thought for a moment. Talking about the heart, something came to mind from her childhood. 

When she was about six years old, Violet had a strange belief that the reason her heart was not doing well was because it was another person's pain. So, It was her belief that that was what happened after she saw someone who fell down on the street and prayed that she would get sick instead. 

When the child said such a thing, the parents ordered Violet to join the group. The reason was that royal family members should not say such absurd things no matter how old they were. The tutor and nanny also gave the child strict instructions. It was said that children often fall into such illusions. A strange illusion that his illness had fallen from the sky.

Winter asked as Violet was lost in thought.

 "What are you thinking about?" 

Then Violet smiled and shook her head.

"It's just an absurd idea."

And there was silence for a moment. After a while, Winter said something he had been thinking about saying for the past few days.

"I've been thinking about it, and it might be a good idea to have the wedding again."

"Yes?" 

"The whole world thinks we're getting divorced. So let's do the wedding again. Previous weddings were held with only water in the air."

"It wasn't that bad."

 "The bride should be the main character at a wedding, but there was no consideration for the bride at all. Moreover, the groom left midway through the wedding."

"That certainly was the case." 

Violet nodded and smiled.

Winter must have really liked her idea, so he poured out his ideas.

"It would be nice to do it in the garden. There is a road in the middle, so it would be perfect as a virgin road. Spring would be best, but there's so much left for that, so fall would be fine too. We also can be brought about twenty peacocks and poured rubies into the canal like roses..."

"Oh, that was a joke."

Violet laughed. Winter looked puzzled, wondering which part of his serious plan was a joke. 

Violet said, looking at the garden that was starting to turn green in early summer. 

"I was heartbroken for no reason because I didn't know you would accept the annulment of the divorce so easily."

Winter grinned. He wished she had talked about this sooner.

He said.

"Even if the wedding is held gradually, the party must be held in the garden. The capital is not very hot even in summer."

"I see. We should invite guests." 

Violet muttered as if she was in pain.

"I don't know much about party preparations..."

"Why is that? What do you have to do?"

"I have to... Isn't there any?" 

Winter looked at Violet as if he was shocked by what she said.

"Lulu was the head maid of a prestigious family. I personally brought her to the capital hotel and put her in charge of the VIP. No employee does a better job of making the guests feel comfortable than Lulu. In addition, Turin was the chef at the Capital Hotel, and Flip was in charge of staff training. With just these three, we will ensure that the hospitality, food, and staff training are at the highest level in Rockround, so why is it so difficult?"

 "Why do all those people work here?" 

"Perhaps I give them an annual salary that is equivalent to buying a decent house?"

"Yes."

"I also ask my friend from the Duchy of Doss for help. Let's have a proper wedding this time."

Violet thought about refusing, but she felt as if a calm wind had risen in a corner of her heart, and realized that she had always wanted a blessed wedding.

Winter grumbled.

"Now, most of the nobles in Rockround are getting married at my hotel, but it doesn't make sense for my wife to have such a wedding."

As he said, her and Winter's wedding had no consideration for the bride. Even the dress was extremely simple. 

Violet laughed. 

"I didn't have the time to worry about that on my wedding day."

"Why?"

"I fell in love with you for the first time in my life."

From Violet's point of view, it was something she had said so many times that even though it was a little heartbreaking, it was insignificant.

But strangely enough, from Winter's point of view, it felt like the power of those words became stronger every time she said them. Moreover, he felt better and better when he heard those words. He may have brought up the wedding story because he wanted to hear that it was love at first sight.

Winter opened his mouth.

"I am... Was it awe?"

"What does it mean?" 

Violet tilted her head.

He still remembered with horror the moment he first encountered Violet. The fear of having brought down such a noble Princess to his lowly side. The fear of this dazzling, righteous being he had encountered for the first time in his life.

"You didn't know that this was the title I wanted. Because the moment I saw you. I knew I knew nothing. I've only read practical books, let alone 100 quality books, and like you... Arrogantly." 

"...... Did I seem arrogant?"

"It seemed like nothing in the world was above you. The royal family I thought of was just a childish brat who bought everything he wanted, but you are..."

"..."

"..."

Winter finally realized how he felt at that time and laughed heartily.

"You looked like an angel."


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments