TFDBF - Chapter 32




A reagent extracted from amanita mushrooms was poured into the mouth of a man who had passed out with his eyes closed.

His eyelids fluttered as if he hadn't completely lost his mind.

He must have been drunk at the time, and when he woke up, he wouldn't even know who had done something to him.

“Agrrr.”

Perhaps because the ingredients were quite strong, white foam bubbled up around Marco's mouth.

[Master, the man from earlier is wandering around the entrance to the alley.]

'That man earlier? Didn't you say that you scattered strong winds around here and blocked people's access?'

[There was definitely no sign of him chasing me until then. Smells and sounds would have been blocked out. Maybe he passed by by chance.]

Could it be a coincidence?

Just like at the gambling house earlier, Daniel was clearly chasing me. Even though I don't know what the plan is, What is clear is that he has helped me and has goodwill towards me.

I looked down at Marco who was squirming for a moment and then walked away.

If you can't avoid eye contact anyway, it's better to hit them head-on.

As I slowly left the alley, brushing back my wet hair, the golden eyes of a man wandering nearby turned to me.

My appearance must have been a complete mess by now.

Even though I must have had a terrible smell all over my body, instead of frowning when he faced me, he smiled brightly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you, Lady."

"So, why?"

Am I speechless?

Daniel tilted his head silently.

"What about the guards next to you?"

"Ah, those two people."

Daniel glanced toward the gambling den and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess he was upset about what he lost a while ago. It seemed like he had no intention of getting out easily."

I lost it because of you in the first place.

I looked at him as if I was dumbfounded, then stared at the gambling hall, where faint cheers were coming from.

Those cheers shouldn't be the sound of two knights who started gambling for the first time today being robbed by their opponents.

"So..."

He reached out his hand and wiped away the marks on my cheek and asked kindly.

"Did you get enough of what you wanted?"

"..."

"You went into a gambling game you didn't like and put in the effort, so it should have paid off."

"What do you think?" 

He glanced inside the alley and smiled brightly.

You probably couldn't hear anything, but just by looking at me, you would have a clear idea of what happened inside.

"I thought about it before, but why are you chasing me around?"

"That..." 

"Not the bullshit about wanting to fuck Eric." 

Haven't you been chasing me ever since I had no relationship with Eric in the first place?

I stood leaning against the wall with my arms crossed and quietly glared at him, and Daniel laughed as if he were embarrassed.

"I think I helped, but why do I feel like I'm being questioned like this?"

"I don't need any help, but you intervene."

"Oh my."

Daniel, scratching his head, looked at me and answered lightly.

"There is one thing I want, and I thought I could achieve it if you help me."

"What do you want?"

When on earth did you become so close to me that you would give me what I want?

I looked at the smiling face as if I was dumbfounded and asked.

"What do you want?"

"I want to know your name."

Daniel smiled brightly at my words and responded.

I stopped at the word "name" and raised my head to face him again.

Golden eyes, which were extremely kind, contained me.

"What are you going to do with my name?"

"I was curious from the moment I first met you. It's because I can't stand being curious."

No sooner had Daniel finished speaking than Windy whispered.

[There is a patrol not far away. It's coming this way.]

That's good. I was already wondering what to do with Marco.

There was still a reason to put his life on the line, so it was only appropriate that he be found by the patrol now.

"So? Can you tell me your name?" 

I tilted my head to the side and slowly took off my gloves at Daniel's urging.

Then, I neatly placed the black gloves covered in Marco's blood and vomit onto Daniel's hands.

"It's a gift."

"It's a rather meaningful gift, perhaps because it's something I used myself."

Daniel, who obediently put on my gloves, spoke brightly.

I also took off the dark hood I was wearing and draped it over his body.

"It's cold at night, so wear this too. I'll give it to you."

"You're worried that my body temperature will drop. I never thought you would be this kind."

I told the man who was covered in traces from head to toe that I was the criminal.

"Now, all you have to do is hang around this alley until I get out of here."

"Hmm."

Even though Daniel knew clearly what I was trying to do, he did not reject my 'gift'.

After fastening the top button of the hood tightly and taking a couple of steps back, Daniel asked again. 

"If I do that, will I be able to provide 'proper help this time?" 

"Well, I guess so."

He fiddled with his hood in response to the grumpy answer and asked again.

"Then,  I would like to receive payment in advance."

Are you asking for the money you had in your pocket?

"Your name."

I looked at him for a moment and opened my mouth as he spoke quietly.

It was a name that no longer exists anywhere in the world.

Even if I told him, he wouldn't be able to find me. 

"Rebecca."

"Rebecca?"

"Rebecca Taylor."

Daniel, who rolled the name softly into his mouth a few times, spoke softly.

"That's a very pretty name."

'It's a pretty name.'

The face of Isabella, who had smiled brightly and praised my name for the first time, overlapped his face.

Why is it that they are completely different people?

Daniel, smiling sweetly looking down at me, and telling me that my name was pretty, reminded me of the few memories I had with her.

No. I should no longer be swayed by useless thoughts.

"Anyway, thank you."

For telling me that you would wear that smelly hood.

I turned around to see the attendants who had been assisting him running from afar, panting.

'Windy.'

While the other person instinctively covered his eyes due to the strong wind that kicked up dust around him, my body flew up.

[Where do you plan to go, Master?]

'Let's go to the top first.'

As the sun slowly appeared in the distance, the city that had been shrouded in darkness began to reveal itself little by little.

[It's still like that.]

'I know.'

But I had an inexplicable premonition that when the sun rose, the appearance would change.

As I touched my fingertips, I felt that the ends of the flesh, which had been hard before, had become a little softer and softer...

The feeling of my body shaking, which had been fine until then, gave me confidence.

There are about thirty minutes left until the sun fully rises.

In the form of Rebecca, whom not even Eric recognized, there was work to be done.

'Eric must have known that Alfred was trying to dispose of 'Annie'.'

Despite this, it was obvious why he didn't contact me or tell me anything.

No matter what happens to Annie, it has nothing to do with our goal.

'I need to meet Hugh.'

When I glanced down, I saw three people so far away that it was hard to even make out their eyes, nose, and mouth.

Even though the wind was so strong that he couldn't open his eyes, Daniel lowered his hand to cover himself and looked up at exactly where I was.

Although I couldn't see his face clearly as he slowly waved his hand, I could tell that he was smiling.

'What is this person doing?'

He only said that Eric was a person I didn't have to deal with', but didn't give any details about him.

I took my eyes off the suspicious man who had suddenly become a dot.

Then I climbed through the window of the room where Hugh Blake was staying and poured water from a vase on his face as he was sleeping.

"Wake up, sleepyhead."

The man jumped up from his seat and widened his eyes when he saw me in Rebecca's form.

"How did you..."

"Explanation later. Something came up that I needed you to do without Eric knowing."

***

The sun rose over the mansion.

I was already back in the bedroom and calmly answered the knock on the door.

"Come in."

Just like yesterday, the maid came over to serve me with skill and bowed her head.

"Good morning, Lady."

What was reflected in her eyes was Isabella, with her calm and elegant aura as always.

I looked down at the clear water the maid had prepared and then raised my head.

"Is Aileen awake?"

"She's still sleeping."

I'm sure she'll be able to sleep very well. Even after putting people to that point.

No, on the contrary, she might have fallen asleep peacefully after all the fuss she had made.

I was curious about Aileen's attitude from now on.

She is not a very foolish person either, so she must have fully realized it through a series of events.

It is no longer enough to act like a 'child' next to Madam Mancini.


Previous               Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments