THYU - Chapter 64




The Heston family is a family that protects the royal family. How can the new head of the family be called a proper head of the family without the King's protection? I, Karzan Heston, request the blessings of King Rakround.

Violet was shocked by that announcement and laughed out loud without realizing it.

Winter raised an eyebrow and looked at Hayel.

"So, are you demanding that the royal family be restored? Ask Ash to sit on the throne?"

"Yes! I guess that's the purpose..."

"Is this serious?"

"If you ask me, will I know?"

The two men, unable to properly understand the situation, simultaneously turned their heads towards the woman who would understand the situation best In the world.

Then she folded the newspaper again and said.

"I am not advocating for the restoration of the royal family, but I am certain that a ceremony should be held to recognize the new Margrave Heston. In that case, royal protocol will be carried out, and when they see it Ash Lawrence as King will be established in the minds of the people of Rockround, no matter how much the royal family has been disbanded. As a constitutional monarch in charge whenever such a major event occurs in the country. He will increasingly become the head of the country."

Then Winter clicked his tongue and cursed.

"Ah, you piece of trash."

"That's right."

Hayel was arguing next to Winter, but then he remembered that that scumbag was Violet's family and hurriedly covered his mouth with his hand.

Then Violet spoke calmly.

"If it were a world where people couldn't even criticize things like this, how would I live in frustration?"

"Yeah, but..."

Hayel made an embarrassed expression. Ironically, Winter was already looking the other way and making an expression as if he had never said that. 

Violet looked disappointed. Even the great noble Heston family was acting wrongly to maintain capital and power. No matter how much that is the flow of the world.

The two men who read her expression felt numb and whispered.

"It's been a while since I've seen Violet look so disappointed. Did I do something wrong?"

"Is it because we cursed at him even though he was her older brother?"

"It may be a mistake to say, but Violet is not the type of person who gets angry by calling trash trash. Of course, I'm going to get nagged that I'm not a gentleman."

Hayel tilted his head at Winter's words, now able to guess Violet's actions to some extent.

"Then why do she look like that?"

"If I know everything about my wife, why is there talk of divorce?" 

While the two men were wondering why this was so, Violet soon spoke to Hayel with a gentle expression as if nothing had happened.

"Thank you for telling me."

"Yes, Little Madame." 

Regardless of the atmosphere, Winter spoke to Hayel as if everything was going well.

"Go and bring the designers. I need to make a dress out of the finest blue silk. There is no limit to your jewelry budget, so do whatever you want, and bring in as many people as you can to embroider the lace. There's only one week left, so I guess you'll have to hire ten people even if you can't do it."

Violet was startled by his words and grabbed Winter's arm.

"Before, there was no such thing as lace embroidery, right?" 

"I love to wear it, so don't interfere." 

Winter made a ridiculous claim. In any case, he seemed to be in a very good mood, so Hayel seemed relieved, and Violet also smiled, hiding her anxiety about the Heston family.

***

Neither Winter nor Hayel had much interest in the affairs of the Ash and Heston families. He asked if Ash could host a royal event and receive a title, and he said no, so Winter even said outright that he wasn't interested.

However, perhaps because he knew that Violet would be curious, he brought her all the newspapers that came by boat this time.

For the sake of the Heston family, heroes who received the support of the people, Ash planned to create an event to inevitably recognize the new Margrave Heston in the name of the royal family.

After returning home, Violet checked the newspaper and fell into deep thought.

Since the Long Leawood land was returned to her, there was no way that Ash would have enough money to move the great Heston family.

Violet couldn't help but start to have reasonable suspicions that she might be the one at the receiving end of this agreement.

Margrave Heston, who is retiring from his position this time, was sixty-eight years old this year, and his son, who became the new Margrave Heston, was forty-seven years old, and his wife passed away not long ago.

Violet covered her forehead with her hands in pain.

"Probably not."

He hasn't even talked to her, so she doesn't think he's going to arbitrarily marry her. Her brother might be able to do that, but she believed the Hestons were not those people.

Violet calmly closed the newspaper again. And she muttered with stern eyes.

"It will never happen."

Then she won't stay still either. She would rather run away to a faraway place than stand at a wedding hall quietly putting things together. 

If there is an easier way to win than that, she will choose it. Violet put the articles that she couldn't find answers to even after reading them repeatedly into a drawer.

For the past year, she has survived in this unfamiliar place. She was originally good at holding on, and after a year, she even gained confidence.

She took a deep breath.

No one will be able to drag her by force and force her into a wedding she doesn't want to attend.

She stood up. Through the window, she could see neighborhood children playing and pulling the cart that Winter had bought. 

As she smiled and looked out the window, she saw Jen coming from a distance carrying a dress. It was a black, shiny dress, not the blue one Winter had mentioned. 

Jen made a fuss as she entered the house.

"Voila!"

"..."

"Little Madame, voila!"

As Jen repeated this, Violet finally got over her shock and asked.

"What, what is this sexy dress?"

"It's a gift from the CEO!"

"I told you not to send me something Iike this..."

"I heard this is really cheap? Look, just by looking at it, the deadline is sloppy. There is no decoration at all."

Jen held up the dress. However, as she said, there was nothing that seemed sloppy about it. Rather, it was perfectly made.

Besides, Violet had never worn a dress so extravagant, revealing her arms, legs, shoulders, and chest. 

"He asked you to wear this and go to the Kanik clan's bar. I don't know why you fought, but I heard it was a reconciliation date."

"Suddenly we're on a date..."

"Are you going? Of course, the CEO is of mixed race, but how could our little lady live in a place like that?" 

Jen was displeased with the fact that the little lady, who was in her eyes, the most precious person in the world, went to a secret bar that was not even revealed to the public, and Violet was dissatisfied with that dress.

Since they had to try it on first, Jen started putting the dress on Violet. Violet knew that she was tired of dark dresses, so she was worried about why he chose this color, but when she actually tried it on, her mood changed. 

The dress, made of the highest quality fabric, was light compared to its appearance and seemed to shine and appear in subtly different colors whenever it moved. In addition, the white and soft-looking limbs that were always covered up in the Blooming Mansion were revealed, giving it an elegant and modern feel instead of a stuffy or dark feeling. 

Violet asked hesitantly.

"Are you okay?" 

"Is it okay? A man passing by might fall asleep when he sees it."

Jen opened the box she brought with her.

"I told you to never sell this because you are lending it."

Inside came a diamond necklace with several jewels and a pair of pearl earrings. After Violet put on the jewelry, Jen Ioosened Violet's hair.

Beautiful blonde hair spilled over the black dress. Zen asked with a worried face.

"What should I do with your hair?"

"Shall I raise it?"

"Let's tie it up and roll it inside, right? Like a bob. Wear a fancy hairband on top of it. Like the popular singers in th le capital these days."

"Can you do that?"

"Just trust me."

Jen said confidently.

At that time, Lina, who came running in as if she were home, stopped. She asked, her eyes widening as she saw Violet dressed up as a child.

"Violet, you were a Princess?"

Then Nen tilted her head and asked.

"Huh? How did you know? It's a secret."

Lina was startled by those words and covered her mouth with both hands. She was in that state and she mumbled.

"I'll definitely keep it a secret!"

"Oh, you're so kind."

Lina said, looking at Violet with bright eyes.

"Actually, I had some doubts. You were a Princess after all."

Lina then spoke seriously to Violet.

"By the way, Violet. The Princess must ride in a carriage drawn by white horses."

"So?"

"Yes. Definitely."

What interesting stories do kids listen to these days? 

Violet had a happy expression on her face as she thought about this, and Lina couldn't take her eyes off Violet, looking at her here and there.

***

Just as she had planned, Jen tied Violet's long, wavy hair into an amazing ponytail and curled it into a bob.

Violet looked in the mirror and looked surprised.

"Oh my God, it's amazing. You're very talented."

"This is the hair I wanted."

With her short hair and a hair band studded with colorful jewels, she felt like she had to go to a concert right away. As Violet waited, very satisfied, Winter knocked on the door.

As Violet walked over and opened the door, Winter looked at her for a moment and then asked.

"Did you cut your hair?"

Seeing his stern expression, Violet felt like teasing him a little and spoke calmly.

"Yes, it's getting a little hot."

"Ask me something."

"Why. Are you trying to tell me not to cut it?"

"No."

Winter shook his head and muttered.

"To get your attention."

"Yes?"

"The first time you... You cut your hair before you died. You asked me back then, should I cut my hair?"

"I did."

"At that time, when I told you to do whatever you want, I really thought it was up to you to decide, so I told you to do it yourself, but when I asked people about it, they all criticized me. It means I'm not interested, what does that mean?"

"..."

"It's not like that. I just meant that I don't care if you want short hair or long hair. Still, if you were to ask my opinion this time, I was planning to answer honestly."

Violet asked with a strange expression at his words.

"What were you planning on saying?" 

Then Winter leaned crookedly on the door frame, which was a little lower than her, and spoke with a rather arrogant expression.

"I learned some skills in talking to women. Say it."

"Well, it's getting warmer, so I think I'll get my hair cut."

"Right. As it gets hotter, cutting it will be refreshing."

At his natural retort, Violet covered her mouth with both hands and laughed. Then he opened his mouth again.

"Ah, but I like long hair." 

"Yes? Me too. But the heat is a big problem."

"Just tie it high."

"That would be cool and cute."

As Winter nodded and responded, Violet eventually laughed cheerfully.

"What is it, you don't have an opinion after all?"

"I'm really fine with everything, but if I say that, they'll say I'm not interested."

"But you like long hair better, right?" 

"No. After cutting it, I like short hair better."

"I didn't cut this. I pushed it inward."

"Tell me sooner. Then long hair." 

Winter quickly changed the subject.



Previous                Next

Comments