THYU - Chapter 63




As Violet patted him in pity, Hayel really started to cry. He came to visit and Pim, who had been drinking tea, pulled up a chair for him. 

"Mr. Hayel, come and sit down. It looks like your job is very difficult."

"My boss is very difficult..."

"Eh, you're pitiful. It's amazing that you've been able to hold on to that temper all this time."

Violet tilted her head at Pim's words. For a moment, he thought that Hayel was talking to Pim as if they both worked under the same boss. Perhaps Pim sympathized deeply with him because he was a good person. 

Violet thought and offered him a cold drink.

Hayel took a gulp of her drink and sighed deeply.

"Little Madam, can you please look at the CEO for a moment? Because it's okay to beat up. No. There is no need for you to make any sacrifices. By now, the CEO is probably regretting drinking so much yesterday because of his hangover, clearly."

"How much alcohol has he had to worry you so much?"

"That's right! Please scold him, please. Please give him a hard beating with words."

Hayel, who was whimpering, gradually regained stability as he was cared for.

***

Winter couldn't come to his senses due to a severe hangover. No matter how endless his drinking capacity was, he couldn't withstand drinking to death.

The sun was bright, so he was lying down with his arm covering his eyes when he heard the bedroom door open.

"You're here?"

Violet asked what he said.

"You thought it was me?"

"The sound I hear when you move is different from other people."

"Is it so? How is it?"

"You're arrogant."

Winter said, covering his head with both hands.

"Damn, it feels like my head is splitting open."

"It's a blessing to be self-employed."

"Are you here to get angry?"

"I came here to get angry. Why do you drink like that?"

Violet tried to discipline him in her own way, but from Winter's point of view, now that the wife he wanted to see had appeared, it only made him develop a bad habit of drinking heavily when Violet was not with him from now on. 

As Winter raised his upper body, Violet looked at his neck and asked in surprise.

"What wound is on your neck?" 

Then Winter touched his neck with his hand and lied calmly.

"What hurt? I can't remember because I drank too much." 

"I beg your pardon? Really!"

"Ah, it stings."

Winter, who was irritated because he hurt her, reached out and grabbed Violet's arm.

"I think I'll remember why I got hurt when I lie down next to you."

"Does that make sense?"

"Sure, why not? Oh, by the way, the opening party is in a week, and you're coming really early."

"I was planning to come tomorrow." 

"I guess so."

Violet sat down next to Winter. And as she placed her hand on the back of his neck, Winter stepped back.

"Why are you touching the injured area? Do you have a hobby of bullying others?"

"I wanted to take a closer look." 

Violet didn't give up, so Winter ended up grabbing her arm and dragging her down to the bed.

"You see, what do you do? Treatment is done by doctors."

Then Violet looked down at her feet under the bed and said.

"It's hard for me to walk because my feet are sore."

"What? Look where you are." 

"Are you a doctor?"

"..."

Violet noticed that, unlike most mature adults, Winter was a man who couldn't be controlled just by coaxing him.

When Winter became calm due to the reverse treatment, Violet put in the whip and took out the carrot. 

"Now that I know the situation, I forgive you for doubting my infidelity. Because you are a victim too." 

"Yes?"

"Yes. Of course, that doesn't mean you didn't do anything wrong, but I think I'm angry enough with you." 

Winter's mouth widened in an instant and he shouted outside.

 "My wife is here, and you didn't bring any refreshments. What are you doing!"

"Yes, yes! CEO!" 

Someone outside responded in surprise. Winter said as she grabbed Violet's arm, who was also twitching due to his temper, and lifted her up.

"I still have to pick a dress to wear to your opening party, but you're here just in time."

"Yes? You didn't even tell me I had to go to the opening party."

"I just said it."

Winter said as he left the bedroom, dragging Violet with him, feeling like his hangover had gone away.

"Let's go with blue."

"I'd like white. The first floor, where the party is held, is mostly white."

"Blue."

"Let's make it white."

"I heard blue is good. It's like the main character. You're saying you don't want to attract attention, so you're wearing a protective color or something."

Violet must have been a bit shocked by the word protective color, so she kept her mouth shut. Winter furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her with many things to say.

"What should I do? I live with my own money, so I can't even express my opinion?"

"It's not about expressing an opinion, it's about being stubborn."

"Do you know that the Princess is not stubborn at all? You are also very stubborn. Do you know that there is someone in the world who is as mean to me as you are?

"Are you saying I'm bad?"

Violet was so dumbfounded that she opened her eyes.

Fortunately, before the two started fighting, an employee brought a trolley and brought tea and dessert to the table.

Violet sat in front of the table and took a sip and it was in just the right amount to enjoy.

"It's delicious."

Winter sat back crookedly and spoke at Violet's sentiment.

"Your maid told me what temperature you like your tea to be. In addition, when you tie your hair, you like it neat and tidy, and when it comes to clothes, you don't mind the color, but you like the shape to be neat. She told me that."

Violet glanced at Winter and then took another sip of tea. She must have felt something from the sight of him drinking his tea gracefully, barely lowering her head, as Winter also found an upright posture and sat down. Violet felt strange seeing Winter like that.

The things she so desperately wanted during her three years of marriage, the simple daily routine of seeing each other off for granted and drinking tea face to face when they had time. The things that Violet had always hoped for and that kept her up at night with heartache because she could not achieve them were now coming true. 

Is this love, Violet thought. She was now dating Winter Blooming for the first time. 

Winter, who had a hangover that hadn't gone away and hadn't even touched the biscuit, opened his mouth as if to say something in passing. 

"Let's start distributing our assets little by little." 

"It's okay. I don't need it."

"I don't plan on giving much anyway."

 "I can stay like this..."

"Hey, Princess." 

Winter continued speaking with a nervous expression.

"Do you know why you should get it? It's because you're a celebrity who lived with me for three years."

"What does it mean?"

"Imagine that there is another woman in the same situation as you. Then, those women will end up not receiving their property distribution because they will bring up your story. Am I wrong?"

"..."

Winter knew that Violet's personality would not make it easy for her to accept his heritage. That was the reason he worked hard to find out. Reasons that would make the fortune acceptable to Violet. 

"Yes, you may have a choice. There may be people who can help. But think about other women in this situation. A well-known person like you sets a precedent."

Looking at Violet's pale face, Winter knew that his words had worked. 

"Up to there, I didn't think about it."

The corner of Winter's mouth twitched, but he desperately maintained a serious expression.

"You just need to know from now on." 

"I always thought you were a self-serving businessman. That was my prejudice, sorry."

No, I'm a businessman who only cares about his own interests, Princess...

Winter felt like he was catching a rat by walking backward, but he was flattered by Violet's admiring eyes and spoke as if it was natural. 

"Of course. I am very passionate about social contribution..."

It was such a lie that he was a hard-working person, so it pricked his conscience. Winter continued speaking, somehow avoiding eye contact.

"Anyway, you still don't know anything about me."

Violet nodded thoughtfully.

"I really didn't know. Great. Then I will actively respond to the distribution of assets."

"That's scary."

"I don't think it's something to be scared of."

Her answer was as serious as always and Winter smiled without knowing it.

"Divorce among nobles is quite complicated. Even after stamping and submitting the documents, there is an incredibly long process."

"Yes. I looked into it."

"Then, first of all, the reason for divorce must be clear. Why you must divorce me."

"If there is a reason..."

"I heard what you said to Hayel. He said you didn't want to come next to me. He said you were happy here and that you would be unhappy if you came next to me. Use those things in moderation."

Winter said it as if it was no big deal but he thought he would go crazy if he heard this story from Violet's mouth, so he just said himelf first. 

Then Violet quietly opened her mouth.

"I'm not just talking about you alone. I was talking about the situation. I didn't want to go back to a situation where my family, your family, money, social circles, all these complicated things were intertwined."

"..."

"I still think that if I go back to that situation, the same thing will happen again. I think I'm going to get depressed again. That's why I want to divorce you. And yet..."

Violet muttered bitterly, looking at the wedding ring still on Winter's hand. 

"Just before we met again, I heard your voice in the marketplace. You probably didn't know I was there that day."

"..."

"I'm not confident. I hate you. Still, I was so happy to hear your voice."

At her words, Winter's expression, which was complicated with resignation, sadness, and anger, gradually relaxed.

"...Did you?"

"Yes. It was nice to meet you."

"How much?"

"That is... Is it important?"

"Of course it's important. How happy were you? Explain in detail."

Winter thought that giving a crying child his favorite candy would not change his mood so quickly. Turning his palm over would also be more difficult than this. 

With every word Violet said, his mood changed drastically and he went back and forth between heaven and hell. He was naturally hot-tempered, but he felt like she was fueling it even more.

As Winter was about to continue questioning, he heard an urgent knock on the door.

"Little Madame! Little Madame!" 

Winter clicked his tongue and walked over to open the door, where Hayel, who had been running so hard and was breathing heavily, was standing there holding an envelope. 

He handed them an envelope issued in the capital three days ago.

"Well, our company cruise just arrived! This announcement was made in the Rockround newspaper that came with it!"

When Hayel shouted in rare excitement, Winter took the paper first, read it, clicked his tongue, and passed the paper to Violet.

The newspaper reported that the head of the Margrave Heston family, the most powerful family in Rockround, had changed.

The change of head of the Margrave Heston family was not as surprising as it was expected. The problem was the announcement of the Heston family, a great family that protects the northern frontier and is greatly loved by the citizens of Rockround.



Previous                Next

Comments