THYU - Chapter 58




Hela looked confused. She's sure it's not the huge hotel in the beckoning direction where Violet and she just found a job posting. There was no way that the Hotel owner could live in a house the size of a rat hole like this. Hila thought desperately, there must be a big lodging establishment over there.

Violet asked Flip with a happy smile, unaware of Hila's speed.

"Anyway, what's going on at my house?"

"I have someone to show you."

"Someone?"

As Violet tilted her head, Jen, the maid who had been hiding behind the door and had been by her side since she was at Blooming Mansion, jumped out and appeared.

"Little Madame!" 

"Oh my God, Jen!"

Violet, despite her dignity, hugged Jen as she was happy to see her face after more than a year. Violet asked, tears welling up in her eyes as she was so happy to see her.

"What brings you here?"

"That's right after Little Madam left, the CEO was harassing all the employees so much that I quit as well. But honestly, there has to be someone who pays more than the CEO. Moreover, after taking care of the Little Madame, I realized that I would never be able to work in another mansion. Then, I received a call asking if I wanted to go to Chiron with my Little Lady, so I came quickly."

Since any gift worth money would be sold, Winter was now spending money on something she couldn't refuse. It was impossible for Violet to send Jen a hack after crossing the continent. When it came to using medicine, Violet couldn't possibly win against Winter.

Violet asked with eyes dripping with joy.

"Where did you decide to stay?"

"The hotel has a separate staff dormitory. It was better than my house in Rockround. From what I heard, the sister who helped the Little Lady there is now working at the Kanik Hotel? I heard it's already difficult to find experienced employees, but that's a good thing."

Hela felt like her head was spinning as she heard Jen chattering away. Flip, who carried Jen's luggage into the house, bowed his head and spoke to Hilla. 

"Why don't you go to the Kanik Hotel first? It must be inconvenient because the CEO sometimes comes to my Little Lady's house unexpectedly. I will give you a dormitory."

"Well, is that okay?"

"Yes. Since I am in charge of employee personnel, I can provide dormitories at my discretion. I'm sure the CEO wants it too."

Then Violet bowed regretfully.

"I thought it would be good if we didn't stay together... Now that I think about it, as Flip said, my husband is an unpredictable person, so I think it would be uncomfortable for Hila if he suddenly showed up."

"Ah... Well, I'll go then, for now." 

Although Hila barely understood the situation, she left the house with Flip without a second thought. As Flip headed to the Kanik Hotel's private carriage carrying Hila's luggage, she asked with a gentle expression that all the hotel staff liked.

"Can I ask exactly what happened to the Aiden family?"

Then Hela answered with a blank expression. 

"Well... The Aiden family girl threw a glass at the flower girl. She told me not to help her, but it took her so long to clean up the glass and she wasn't very good at it, so I did and got fired." 

"I see. Thank you again. I have to report this to the CEO."

Flip nodded as if he finally understood.

Hila, who did not know that she would be buried at the Kanik Hotel for this job, receiving a salary she had never dreamed of in her life, was just trembling with inexplicable fear.

***

As soon as Jen came to Violet's house, she ran around the house nagging her. She said Violet didn't have anything, so she went to the market three times and finally prepared her own meal.

In an instant, all the laundry was hung outside and the house quickly became sparkling. When Violet, who had been scolded for trying to help but getting in the way, took off her shoes and changed Into slippers. Jen, who momentarily took her attention away from her work, frowned.

"But the Little Lady's feet are a little weird... Ouch! Why is this like this! Why are your hands like this again?"

Jen shouted loudly. Then, looking at Violet's hands that were used for first aid, she asked her in shock. 

"Could it be that the damn Aiden family was like this?"

"Uh, uhm... "

Violet suddenly nodded, pushed by Jen's force. Then Jen ran out in a fit of fever, and she screamed. 

"I'll get the medicine!"

When she left, the house became quiet as if a storm had passed.

Violet sat down at the table, thinking it had been a hectic day. She was already tired and hungry, so she couldn't be more grateful to Jen for cooking her a meal. It was a soft meatball that melted in her mouth, so she didn't have to chew it very hard.

After a leisurely meal, she lay down in the bathtub for a long time under the flowing water.

She didn't know anything else, but she really wanted to take a bath in a bathtub, so she bought a small wooden bathtub. As Violet was relaxing and taking a bath in a bathtub with a nice woody scent, she remembered that she didn't bring her pajamas.

"I'm not out of my mind today."

Violet said to herself as she got out of the bathtub and wrapped herself in a towel. She didn't feel too embarrassed because she often did this because the maids couldn't get out of the habit of taking care of everything for her.

Violet, who was leaving the bathroom with bare feet dripping wet, made eye contact with Winter sitting on a chair in front of her.

Violet was startled and stopped in place. And with the slow passage of time, the bridge of her nose and her cheeks became red.

"What's going on here at this time of night?"

Winter, who was sitting in a chair, was speechless for a moment when she saw Violet. But luckily he was put out of his trouble when her seriously swollen instep caught his eye.

He held up the medicinal herbs he had brought with him.

"I heard you got hurt."

Then he asked, gesturing to Violet, who was clutching the seam of the towel with both hands out of embarrassment.

"Do you usually do that at home?"

 "No! I just came in without my pajamas. I usually change my clothes and come out. Did you think there would be that many people there?"

"You didn't even lock the door."

"I'm afraid Jen might come back mid-bath."

Out of embarrassment, she spoke faster.

Winter said, getting up.

"Stay there. I will bring it." 

"Now, the pajamas are on the second shelf." 

Winter turned and entered the dressing room.

After a while, he took out her pajamas and walked towards Violet. 

As her husband got closer, Violet's straight shoulders twitched slightly. Drops of water fell from her hair and slid across her milky skin.

Violet wanted to avoid Winter's gaze so she snatched the clothes from his hands, went into the bathroom, and closed the door.

Winter, who was trying to keep a straight face, sighed as soon as the door closed and ran his hand down his face. When he heard that Violet was injured, he ran to her like crazy, but even that anger was directionless and he was lost.

Winter suppressed the urge to open the bathroom door, grab his wife, make her lie down, and go out to smoke a cigarette. The very thin but steely moral conviction he had was on the verge of being snapped.

His hand was urgent as he took the cigarette out of the case.

The unexpectedly strong thighs he saw when she just came out of the bathroom completely paralyzed his nerves. He has never felt so distant from the body of the opposite sex in his life.

"...I'm going to turn around." 

Winter groaned and leaned against the wall putting a cigarette in his mouth. He didn't even have the heart to light a fire, so he just froze to cool off and the window right next to him opened. Violet stuck her upper body out a little.

"I wore it."

Winter turned his head slightly toward Violet. Violet, wearing slightly pink pajamas, leaned out the window and turned her head towards Winter. She was just a little embarrassed by this happening, but she didn't seem to know much about Winter's condition. 

As he faced the woman, who was looking at him with her innocent eyes, with both arms folded against the window, Winter felt guilty at the lewd afterimage that seemed to grind his reason into a sharp stone.

Winter artificially stretched the corners of his mouth to hide his feelings and spoke mischievously.

"Are you bragging about wearing pretty clothes?" 

"Just pajamas... Are you teasing me again?" 

Violet glanced at him softly.

Winter just threw the unsmoked cigarette on the ground and crushed it with his shoe, as was his habit of extinguishing the remaining fire.

"It's a hassle trying to get permission one by one."

"What... Ah."

Violet closed her eyes as if she understood.

Winter grabbed Violet's chin and kissed her.

Violet smelled like a mixture of soap and fragrant grass, and Winter smelled like unlit cigarettes and urban perfume.

The couple each thought the other had a sweet scent. They both regretted that this kiss would be their last, as they had only promised to kiss three times.

While they were kissing, Winter's hand came up to her ear and Violet quickly straightened up and covered her ear with her hand.

"Why are you touching my ears?" 

"You keep doing this and now I can't even touch your ears?"

"I feel strange."

"I'm touching you to make you feel weird."

"Are you saying you did that on purpose?"

Violet gave an expression of confusion. As she kept backing away. Winter said, this time pushing herself inside the window.

"Because you ran away, this kiss is invalid."

"What is that..."

Violet trailed off, and Winter was about to say another word but closed his mouth. Violet must have been so embarrassed that the area from her ears to the nape of her neck turned a light pink.

Winter soon went back into the house through the front door. His heartbeat was so strong that it felt dangerous, and Winter had to gulp down cold water several times.

Winter said, having cooled off his passion somewhat.

"Make it invalid. It's not polite to run away in the middle."

"Really..."

"There's still one left." 

Winter insisted.

Violet felt that her feelings would become more complicated if she continued to argue with the kiss, so she just nodded. Winter, relieved only then, stretched the corners of his mouth and spoke.

"The woman you brought here has accommodations in a hotel. I also gave her work."

"Ah. Thank you."

"If something like this happens, please tell me right away. Don't let others tell me later. I'm still your husband. You must learn to use me. Even after I'm gone from your side."

It was natural for people to become distant when they divorced, so it wasn't wrong to say that they would disappear, but Violet felt a little uneasy about what he said.

Winter said, looking down at Violet's feet, which were so swollen that it was difficult to wear slippers.

"Anyway, my foot is like this, so I won't be able to work for a while. The flowers at your party are still..."

"My party is on a different level from the tea parties of the humble families in this region that you have been in charge of so far. I don't know if I should leave it to you even when you are strong, but what can you do when you can't even walk straight?" 

"I see. Then... I am truly unemployed."

Violet made a sad expression. It was definitely true that she didn't have the confidence to take charge of such a huge hotel party in her current state. Violet limped over to the chair and sat down, picking up the medicine Winter had brought.

"I'll bandage it for you."

"I can do it."

"How can I entrust you with my anxiety?"

Winter pointed out, coming over with a bandage and kneeling at her feet. Then he put her foot on his thigh and examined her wound.

Violet had nowhere to look at his actions and made a puzzled expression. The feel of Winter's stone thighs through her clothes against her bare feet gave her a strange feeling. Violet pursed her lips tightly without realizing it.

Winter only cared about being hurt, but it seemed like she was the only one who was this restless.



Previous                    Next

Comments