TPITT - Chapter 13






The eyes looking up at me were the same purple as in the memory.

The highly saturated eyes are still so captivating that they attract attention.

It felt like it would suck out the souls of those it encountered.

Michael was so beautiful even when he was imprisoned in an iron cage.

The fascination was effective.

I took a deep breath.

'He lured Rosie with that look and laid the foundation for a rebellion, so he's truly a prime minister.'

Meanwhile, Michael's eyes, which were looking at me, were slightly shaking.

Even his expression seemed to have cracked and became slightly embarrassed.

It was understandably confusing.

A gorgeous beautiful woman wearing a dress was the first thing he had seen in his life.

I am polite to Michael.

I wanted to make a good first impression.

But Baron Erka struck from the side.

“Ruthless bastard! Why are you just sitting there and watching? Can’t we hurry up and show courtesy to Her Highness the Princess?”

“The Princess...? Imperial family...?”

It was then. The purple eyes that looked up at .e were filled with flesh and blood.

If Michael's hands had been free now, he might have tried to strangle .e.

I, who received the harsh gaze from the front, swallowed a small sigh.

Baroness Erka stepped forward as if to protect me and shouted like a thunderbolt.

“That obnoxious monster! Can't you put those irreverent eyes on the floor right now? Her Royal Highness, I am sorry! I should have trained him in advance! Hey, hurry up and whip... !”

“Lord Erka. That’s it.”

I raised one hand to stop him.

When Baroness Erka stepped back, I placed my hands on the bars.

The iron cage door that had been tightly sealed with magic was opened.

Clap.

My shoe sole stepped inside the cage without hesitation.

Michael's eyes widened, and Baroness Erka, who was on his back, went into an uproar.

“Her Highness! You must not enter! It’s dangerous, so come out quickly!”

I didn't listen.

“Everyone goes away. I will treat him alone.”

“Your Highness... !”

“Go away.”

The order was deliberately given in a stern tone.

When I mixed in a little bit of magic, Baron Erka didn't resist anymore.

He went back on the wing with Cedella.

Finally, I was alone with Michael in the cage.

While I and Michael made eye contact again, a heavy silence reigned in the public prison.

At that time, the wind created by convection stirred the huge cavity once.

Squeak, the old chain screamed and the bottom of the cage shook slightly.

However, I and Michael's gaze did not waver.

The humid, fishy smell of iron bothers the tip of my nose, and I am in an underground cave where there is not a single ray of sunlight.

In this inhospitable place, I and Michael had our first meeting in our second lives.

I felt a bitter emotion.

‘The situation has turned upside down. You are confined in an iron cage, and I come to visit you. You were so miserable back then. Would the resentment at that time have been somewhat compensated for by seeing me in prison?'

It was a strange feeling.

In my last life, Michael was the main culprit of treason and purge of the royal family.

He is an enemy of the royal family who gave the order and is the one who imprisoned me for a month.

Rather than feeling hateful or resentful, I felt sad about his life that started in the abyss.

Of course, I was a little afraid of Michael, who was getting violent right in front of me.

No matter what anyone said, he was a promising future King of the great Homunculus.

A person like that openly expresses hostility towards me, a member of the royal family.

Given the situation, if it had been a Princess or a Prince with less mental discipline, they might have collapsed in their seats.

'Looking at this, it seems like Michael in my last life was friendly to me. Because you've never looked at me like this before.'

On the last day of my life, the image of Michael flashed through my mind.

Now that I think about it, the emotions Michael showed at that time were very subtle.

The purple eyes were full of resentment, but that resentment was different from the direct and clear ill-feeling towards the enemy like Michael in front of me.

The look in his eyes, which could be said to be closer to affection, still remained deep in my mind.

At that moment, I remembered the meaningful words Michael had said in his past life.

"I know. You should have chosen me."

"If you had chosen me as your direct knight, this wouldn't have happened."

Michael's words seemed to resonate not only in my mind but also in my heart.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

'Yes. So this time I'm here to choose you, Michael.'

If I think about it, what Michael said that day is what it is today.

It may have been the impetus that brought me here.

I opened my eyes. I called his name in a clear voice.

“Michaelis Agnito.”

“...You know my name.”

The life in Michael's eyes disappeared.

Just by being called by his name, his friendliness towards me seemed to have increased.

Even though it is still in a negative state.

Before I could introduce myself, Michael asked as if interrogating me.

“The Princess?”

"Huh. Nice to meet you."

I deliberately pretended to be friendly and wrote a personal comment.

As soon as it was confirmed that I was a member of the royal family, Michael kept his mouth shut.

I could sense his intentions right away.

“You don’t have to be polite or respectful to me. Let’s talk comfortably.”

Michael's silence is a response to the teachings of obedience and loyalty to the royal family.

In its own way, it was the greatest form of rebellion.

In fact, Michael was born to Desmond II.

For the crime of being imprisoned in a public prison, the oath of loyalty ceremony was held.

Not only did he refuse with all his might, but his irreverent and rebellious attitude also played a role.

“I want to talk to you, Michael.”

Michael fell for my placating. He asked something else in acceptance.

“What is the Princess doing here?”

“I want to appoint you as my direct knight."

“Is it a choice? Then you must be the 8th Princess, who is about to celebrate her 16th birthday.”

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I am not the white rose.”

“No?”

Only then did I introduce myself.

“I am the 7th princess, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamid.”

A look of surprise flashed in Michael's eyes.

Judging by the reaction, it seemed like he had heard something about me.

'Working conditions are better than those of other Princesses' direct knight positions. Is it a good thing that I don't have to explain in detail how bad things are?'

Michael could not easily overcome his shock.

“You... The 7th Princess?”

"Huh. Please feel free to call me Eve.”

“Really?”

"Of course. You can call me by my name. I also called you Michael earlier.”

“No, I don’t mean that, I’m just asking if you really are the 7th Princess. If you're the 8th Princess and you're making fun of me, I hope you'll stop. Because it’s not fun.”

I laughed softly. Playfulness arose.

“Thank you for seeing me as Rosenit. In your eyes, I am now the most beautiful girl in the empire, so much so that you suspect impersonation. Sorry, this is a joke. If you go out later and see Rosie's face in person, you'll get angry. With what kind of confidence did I have to say that?”

“No, now..."

Michael touched his forehead with a dry hand as if he had a headache.

He was caught up in my okes and jokes and couldn't move, and only after a while did he finally accept reality.

Clang.

When Michael lowered his hand that was touching his forehead, the chain attached to the handcuffs made a loud noise.

He showed his face again and made eye contact with me.

His purple eyes were serious enough to make me think he was joking.

As I had felt a lot in my past life, I had the power to set the mood.

Michael opened his mouth.

A pleasant voice flowed out like the sound of a string instrument.

“I heard that the 7th Princess refuses to select a knight under her direct command. 
The reason is that the knighthood system is a representative evil custom of the imperial family. But if the person in front of me right now is the 7th Princess, am I ever mistaken about the 7th Princess?”

“It’s not a mistake, it’s right. It was like that.”

“But why?”

“Because I need a knight under my direct command to solidify my position as the Princess.”

“So you’re going to choose me?? Your taste is unique.”

Michael was a little disappointed.

The rumored 7th Princess became just like other royal family members who followed the royal family's traditions.

It was a very regrettable thing.

Michael judged me to be no different from other perverted and arrogant royal family members.

There was no reason to hide the sneer anymore.

He tilted his head crookedly and sarcastically expressed his regret for the imperial family.

“You must have heard that I am not like an ordinary homunculus. I have no loyalty to the imperial family, and as you can see, I do not have an obedient personality. If you want a slave, wouldn’t it be better to find another obedient homunculus?”

“I didn’t come to get slaves. I came to get you, Michael.”

“Stop playing with words. Does not calling a slave a slave make it not a slave? Don't treat your direct knight like a slave and pretend not to be like that. In the end, the 7th Princess was the same. There’s something to look forward to.”

In a rare instance, Michael distorted his expression and revealed his emotions.


Previous        Next

Comments