TCIWTFY - Chapter 13



The logic that was pointed out was not wrong.

However, it was unbelievable that the timid and foolish Princess Medea had figured out that reason.

Catherine, who felt distant for a moment, blinked her eyes. She soon came to her senses and nodded her head.

"Yes, of course. I will bring the doctor later... I'll come see you."

However, contrary to what she said, Medea could confidently say that she would not go to the Queen Mother with her faithful servant.

"Sister, my mother thought about you so she went to Katzen and brought a doctor in person. Aren't you ignoring sincerity too much?"

Birna pouted her lips.

"Your aunt herself? No matter how long it may have been, it's a war situation, and that strict Sir Cesare gave permission for it?"

Medea opened her eyes in surprise.

"Birna! I told you to be careful of unnecessary words!"

Catherine's complexion changed and she scolded her daughter harshly.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. He has followed the proper procedures and his identity is clear. He only came to Valdina first as the attending physician for the Katzen delegation that was about to visit."

Catherine, who smoothly came up with an excuse, soon looked depressed.

"But, I feel a little sad that you are doubting the identity of the doctor I brought you."

"...."

"It may be presumptuous, but I dare to think of you as my own daughter. But you're not trying to keep me away because of the tricks of these young people, are you?"

Catherine shed tears. The sight of the beautiful lady wiping away her tears touched Medea's heart.

The new maids standing on the wall exchanged glances.

They heard that the Duchess had looked after the Princess with utmost care since she was young.

They heard that she didn't even have a third child for her niece, and they felt pity to see her being treated coldly by the Princess.

Catherine also knew what was being discussed between the maids. She pressed her eyes more vigorously.

As word of Medea spreads inside and outside the palace, her reputation will grow.

The Princess of Valdina is foolish and even ungrateful.

"Is that really true?"

Medea asked. It was a calm voice, the complete opposite of the tearful Catherine.

"Forgive me, Aunt. Your words are touching, but they don't really touch my heart."

"Sister! What's really wrong with you today? How can you say that!"

Birna fired a pack.

"So?"

Medea stared at her blankly.

"I can't agree with that."

The moment Birna faced Medea's shining green eyes, she unconsciously shrugged her shoulders. 

"If my aunt really thought of me as your own daughter, you wouldn't have let the head maid treat me like this."

"Your Highness, what do you mean by that?"

"You know. I wonder what kind of situation I've been in since I clashed with the head maid."

"..."

"There is no way the rumor that spread throughout the castle could have escaped only the dukedom. Here, look at the new maids. You may have noticed a few of my uncomfortable words, but didn't you know that all of my maids have changed?"

The maids' eyes turned to Catherine. After hearing the Princess's words, the Duchess's contradictory reactions seemed strange.

Catherine was both embarrassed and frustrated and felt like she was going to burst out.

It's not that she didn't know. All the existing maids were replaced, and new eyes were brought in to watch over the Princess.

Even before the story could be brought up, the Princess pushed the mother and daughter to do it.

Catherine became Impatient and got up from her seat and approached Medea.

"The head maid is a close friend of my aunt, so I understand that it would be difficult to properly sort out the difference between me and her."

"Your Highness, I don't mean that..."

"So, I didn't want to say it out loud, so I thought I understood what my aunt meant."

A monotonous voice spread inexorably through the cold air of the Princess's palace.

"Didn't you bring a doctor to me out of guilt for not being able to stop the head maid's tyranny?"

"How can that be? I, as Claudio, am always on your side. Whether they are my friends or not, they are not more important than Your Highness."

Medea shook off Catherine's outstretched hand.

"Well, Aunt. Please forgive me for leaving first. I really don't want to see your two faces anymore today."

Cold green eyes scanned Catherine's entire body.

"I want to believe that everything my Aunt has told me so far is not a lie."

A beautifully made-up face, a softly sparkling black pearl necklace, and even delicately embroidered lace at the hem of the dress.

It looked like every single thing had been carefully decorated.

In other words, it also meant that Catherine could afford it.

"Would Birna have been this peaceful even if she had been in this situation?"

Catherine was speechless.

"I think it's reminding me of the cold reality that you can treat me like your real daughter, but I can't truly be your real daughter." 

"Your Highness! Wait!"

Medea shook her head and left.

Catherine tried to catch her, but she did not dare to bring back the Princess who left the place like a gust of wind.

"Why are you using your mouth for no reason?"

Catherine collapsed onto the chair, scolding Birna.

She thought she had tamed Medea so that she wouldn't escape them, but was it still not enough?

There is nothing more alarming than an animal trying to escape.

'Why is she suddenly doing that...'

Catherine chewed her lip.

"Cuisine, I would have told you to do it in moderation."

The day the news first came that the Princess had whipped Madame Cuisine, her husband became suspicious of Madame Cuisine.

How much effort did she put into trying to change her husband's mind about changing the head maid?

However, rather than following her words, Madame Cuisine quickly took revenge on the Princess.

'I'd rather get caught or not!'

Catherine's eyes were filled with anger toward Cuisine.

'I even sent someone to comfort you, but you couldn't hold back your anger and made this sadal?'

***

Late at night as dusk falls.

A fire lit up in the depths of the administrative palace. Two human figures appeared above the shadow of the lamp.

"You said it wasn't like that? I guess you still have a better face than the rumors say?"

The sound of vulgar laughter rang through the palace. The shadow's chin trembled.

It was Count Etienne, Minister of the Palace, with bulging eyes like a frog and a bloated body.

That pig-like bastard has an open mouth.

The head maid was upset.

"They said the Duchess came and kicked you in the face."

"How did you..."

"Do you think you are the only one who has useful ears?"

The Minister chuckled.

"I heard she was so angry that she poured it all out? Well, you should have done well. Now she is not a friend, but a master. If you don't listen and reach out, it will be used."

Madame Cuisine swallowed her rising humiliation.

As he said, she had to deal with Catherine's fiery anger.

[You're going through a lot of hardships, so take a break. Send a successor soon.]

A short message was sent in person by Catherine. At first glance, it seems like she was worried about the maid's well-being, but in reality, she was saying that she was going to replace her.

"Yeah, I should have done it right. The Lord doesn't want his nephew to be persecuted."

"So you're saying I should have endured this insult?"

The head maid snapped.

The Minister laughed.

"Why are you holding on to the Princess? Cuisine, you've crossed the line several times. Pfft. What can I do?"

A thick hand tapped Cuisine's shoulder.

"Do as your master tells you. How many people do you think are fine outside of his eyes? Otherwise, you should have worked hard like me and secured your position."

The minister's advice was the same.

"Unlucky bastard. Why can't I be proud of being blessed with a gold ship?"

Madame Cuisine chewed her lips. Still, her pride that was shattered by the Princess was painful, and when the minister became sarcastic, she felt pessimistic, as if even her own situation had become the dog of the regent.

'Is there any need to listen to the Duke if it's just out of sight anyway?'

At some point, a thought crossed her mind.

If the Duke tries to abandon her, she can't end up just barking quietly.

'Because I have to make my own way to live.'

"Anyway, Minister, how were the children we sent last time?"

The minister raised his eyebrows at the unexpected question.

When the headmaid first entered the palace, the Prince Regent gave her an order.

The order was to send young and unrelated servants to Count Etienne once a month.

He said he needed an attendant to help him.

The head maid couldn't understand the demands of the minister with so much wealth and power, but she still did as she was told.

She thought they would have ordered him to do something else, and that he would be living well at the mansion.

But one day, when she discovered the bodies of the boys who had died horribly in the minister's house, Madame Cuisine was finally able to understand why the minister had taken the Duke's hand.

It was a price that satisfied his strange temperament.

However, the head maid was a cowardly person. She was disgusted by their messy alliance, but she had no intention of giving up her skin to save the boys.

"Because your insight is always reliable."

"I can send you more if you want. I have to reward you for your hard work."

At those words, the minister's eyes took on a warm glow.

Wasn't she a woman who couldn't hide her disgust behind her walls? Why is she so active all of a sudden?

"What are you thinking?"

"I can't die quietly. I plan to visit the Queen Mother."

"Aha."

Even mice bite cats, and this woman seems to be planning to completely escape the Regent's hands.

"He wouldn't allow it."

"I know what my master is thinking. I'm just curious about what the former minister thinks."

Count Etienne watched her as if gauging the head maid's intentions.

He raised the corners of his mouth and crossed his arms.

"What can I do? I have no intention of feuding with the Prince Regent."

Should I throw the Prince Regent away just to join hands with someone like you?

As she did not hide her ignorance, the head maid's face hardened slightly but soon returned to normal.

"Are you not planning on becoming a state secretary?"

State secretary?

"Do you know what you're talking about?"

There is only one Princess in this country.

"Medea, that kid and me?"


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments