TCIWTFY - Chapter 12




"Master, I understand that you are currently staying in a small mansion outside the royal castle."

After the death of the late King, the Marquess of Gilliforth retired. From then on, he never got involved in politics and focused only on nurturing younger students.

He was also a renowned national salvation hero. There were still many people in the kingdom who admired his upright character.

Tak. Tak.

The light sound of the index finger tapping the table rang regularly.

"I need to see him. Without anyone knowing."

At one point, Medea asked quietly.

"Is it possible?"

"I will prepare."

Neril nodded resolutely.

Outside the window, she could see the whitish flag of Valdina hanging on the castle wall in the distance.

"Take down the flag! Destroy the corrupt Valdina royal family!"

In this life, the weightlifters under the waving flag will never make it over that wall alive.

***

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Your Highness."

e hem of her dress.

As if to show that I am being careful with my every move in case Medea's feelings will be hurt.

"Your Highness, Duchess Claudio has arrived."

Medea raised her head.

Claudio.

This familiar yet nostalgic name.

How could a person who had not been heard from even when the head maid was caned or when the Princess's palace was isolated as a result of her revenge, come from early In the morning?

It seemed that the news had become known that the head maid had taken off all of Medea's guards.

"Ask them to come in."

Medea wondered what she was trying to say. Medea's eyes sparkled.

"Your Highness!"

Medea's aunt, Catherine Claudio, came in wearing bright makeup.

She was a striking beauty.

She was once a flower that made many men in society cry as it was nourished by a noble Marquis.

The hem of the elegant dress, which was tailored to a waist so thin that it was hard to believe that she had a grown son or daughter, was rippling.

"Originally, I was going to come as soon as Your Highness woke up, but I also collapsed due to fatigue... When I opened my eyes, it was today. Please forgive me for being in such a hurry to see you so late."

She must not have collapsed but was watching the situation.

"You couldn't help it, mother. Can't you, my generous sister, understand this situation?"

After that, a pretty girl with flowing pink hair came in. 

"Birna."

"Yes, sister. I came too. I missed my sister so much that I begged my mother to enter the palace. Will you understand?"

The two cheeks shining the same color as the hair were lovely as if they were soaked in sunlight.

In her last life, she was called the flower of Valdina and showed signs of dominating the social world.

Medea looked at her beautiful aunt and cousin.

"Ahaha! You're a Princess and you act so proud, but look at you. Valdina was destroyed, and your brother was torn to pieces by demonic beasts. Because of a stupid girl like you!"

Before her eyes was Medea's enemy, engraved in her bones, who not only betrayed her and destroyed her country, but also drove her children to death.

Deep fingernail marks remained under the calmly folded hands.

"Princess."

But Medea did not show it outwardly. She had no intention of ruining her plan due to a moment of anger.

Slowly, they will be chained until the most painful time.

Catherine paused and then lowered her eyebrows.

It was as if she couldn't guess the reason for Medea's face. 

"Don't call me so rude."

A delicate hand came forward and held Medea's hand. Catherine held Medea in her arms with her other hand and patted her back. The Duchess exuded a sweet and warm exasperation.

There was a time when Medea thought what a loving mother's embrace would be like.

But now she knows the stench hidden behind this kindness.

"Doesn't your head hurt, Your Highness? Even if you look okay on the outside when you fall from a horse, the aftereffects are deep and you are not the only ones who go wrong. You must never look at it carelessly."

Catherine's eyes were full of worry.

"I brought a member of the National Assembly with me to check on Your Highness. In the Kazen Empire. It is said that he is a God who can Immediately raise a crippled person."

Kazen's God?

Medea suppressed her laughter.

For some reason, she felt like she didn't even mention the head maid's story when she came to her with such urgency.

'That's what it was.'

"My mother was concerned about Medea's safety, so she did everything she could to find you. She is an imperial, so her arrogance is so high that she says she won't come to Valdina, so I don't know how many boxes of gold she spent."

"Birna, don't talk nonsense. I know that if I use my tongue immaturely and make Her Highness care, I will be scolded."

When Birna complained. Catherine scolded her severely.

"My mother is really great. She doesn't know who her real daughter is. Isn't that right, sister?"

Medea did not answer but just smiled. Birna was embarrassed and bit her mouth.

Birna's complaints, her aunt's words.

'I used to think this was affection.'

Medea thought they truly cared for her as if she were their family or her own daughter.

However, now that she has gone through all the hardships, she can see the pretense behind her uncle's family's sweet words.

They took advantage of Medea's lack of love by mentioning her real family.

The Kazen Empire, bordering Valdina, had fertile land and a rich granary.

Valdina, surrounded by mountainous terrain and with a cold climate, would often request aid from Kazen.

The empire often demanded tribute arbitrarily under the pretext of aid, which caused great resentment.

'Last time, I told you to send three hundred young knights from Valdina as tribute.'

This was the reason why the previous King and Peleus started a war despite opposition.

To attack the western plains and find a breakthrough to escape Kazen's interference. 

'In such a situation, an imperial doctor would treat the princess of Valdina? Also from the hostile nation of Kazen?'

It is a time when resentment against King Peleus is increasing due to a long-term war.

If the immature Princess's behavior becomes known, people will immediately think of the King. Medea's foolishness soon becomes the weakness of her blood-sharing brother.

"Because he is an imperial citizen, he cannot be allowed in without permission, so he is waiting outside the palace gate. If it is okay with you, I will ask you to bring him now. You guys now-"

It seemed like she was waiting for Medea's permission, but Catherine was already turning towards the maid.

"No, Aunt."

Medea raised her hand to stop the maid and cut off Catherine's words.

"Thanks to Neril for protecting me and saving me, I'm fine. I also confirmed the palace doctors I had visited so far. If you're a doctor who's so good that he even causes a cripple, why don't you show my grandmother first?"

"Grandmother... You mean Queen Mother?"

Medea continued speaking casually as if she hadn't seen her aunt's pause.

"I heard the maids say that my grandmother has sore knees and is suffering from gout these days. No matter how many famous doctors visit, there is no improvement."

The Queen Mother was a heavenly Valdina.

Since the empire's exploitation had been going on for a long time since her time, she hated Kazen so much.

She is a person who does not turn in the direction of the empire, but she would be furious if she found out that the doctor was from Kazen.

The Duchess who brought him in will also be in great trouble.

"Your Highness, your heart is still very kind. The Queen Mother already has excellent doctors, so you don't have to worry too much."

"No matter how good they are, they will never be able to compare to someone called God. I was just worried, but I can't tell you how fortunate I am that my aunt found a name for me and brought him here."

Medea didn't notice anything and just blinked, pretending to be the granddaughter who was purely worried about her grandmother.

"I really want to go, but my grandmother will be upset when she sees me, so please have my aunt take him instead."

Medea left her faith in her aunt's hands.

"Furthermore, even though you have shown great faith, how arrogant you would think it would be if I were to ignore the order and receive treatment only for me. Those who are foolish will say that I am carrying my brother on my back and massaging Valdina."

That was exactly the reputation they wanted for Medea.

"So, I appreciate your kindness, but it is too much for me to receive right now. Of course, you understand, right?"

Medea blinked her eyes innocently.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments